New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bring out Great Kabuki's ancient old ass again.

Reactions: Leo C

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Honma vs. Pitbull vs. King Kong is a match I would legit pay to see.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
With NJPW's biggest show of the year under a week away, one of their biggest stars is a lock for the show after dealing with a rough back injury for several months. AJ Styles told Wrestling Inc today that he's feeling fine, and will be good to go for his IWGP Intercontinental Title match at Wrestle Kingdom 10 against Shinsuke Nakamura.

"I feel great, man. I literally have no problems whatsoever. It's one of those little bumps in the road and I'm ready to rock," told Wrestling Inc's Raj Giri in an exclusive interview today.

Styles missed some time over the past couple of months, including a set of Ring of Honor television tapings due to the injury. Earlier this month, Styles competed againstJay Lethal at Ring of Honor Final Battle, where the back injury was a focus of the match.

Styles was also pulled from New Japan's World Tag League tournament due to the injury. Styles' back threw his status into question for both ROH and NJPW's biggest shows of the year, both of which prominently featured him.

Styles said earlier this month that he still planned on doing both shows, and wasn't sure if the injury was a slipped disc or a herniated disc. He'd been utilizing DDP Yoga to aid in recovering.

Source

Alrighty, then. January 4th. Tokyo Dome. Naka vs Styles. My body is ready.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
From NJPW's website:

YOSHITATSU will come back to Japan and join Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker as an English announcer at Tokyo Dome on Monday January 4!

At “Buddyfight presents WRESTLE KINGDOM 10 in Tokyo Dome” which will take place on Monday January 4, English announcers who did a great job at Sumo Hall on October 11 will return to New Japan World!

There will be a dual feed in Japanese and English.

Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker will come to Japan as English announcers as they were at Sumo Hall.

Moreover, Yoshitatsu who is in hiatus due to neck damage will come back to Japan to join them as a special guest!

He is fluent in both Japanese and English so his commentary on Japanese wrestlers and their promos will be expected.

Reactions: Snowman1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
From NJPW's website:

YOSHITATSU will come back to Japan and join Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker as an English announcer at Tokyo Dome on Monday January 4!

At “Buddyfight presents WRESTLE KINGDOM 10 in Tokyo Dome” which will take place on Monday January 4, English announcers who did a great job at Sumo Hall on October 11 will return to New Japan World!

There will be a dual feed in Japanese and English.

Kevin Kelly and Matt Striker will come to Japan as English announcers as they were at Sumo Hall.

Moreover, Yoshitatsu who is in hiatus due to neck damage will come back to Japan to join them as a special guest!

He is fluent in both Japanese and English so his commentary on Japanese wrestlers and their promos will be expected.

Pffft who needs English. I know what they're saying!

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
They want English? Let's put a Japanese native in there!

Makes perfect sense, in everyones book.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

If he speaks good English I don't see the issue. Also, the fact he can translate the promos is going to add a lot to commentary.

Stopspot

Reaction score

The dude has been living in America for almost a decade. And he's not there to speak constantly, he's basically there to be the guy they can turn to and say "explain plz"

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
KVr6fyN.gif

Bz5jZGi.png

Stopspot

Reaction score
New Years Dash sure set some new directions for the company.

Omega going heavyweight
Naito elevated the main event full time
Shibata ruling the roost in the never division.
Kushida finally getting a good reign with the jr belt?

Stopspot

Reaction score
He wants a shot at Shibata.

To quote Ivan Drago: If he dies, he dies