New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I have to admit being slightly worried about the upcoming AJ Styles and Okada match. I think the Tanahashi and Styles match was the best G1 encounter and with Tanahashi winning and likely main eventing the January 4 show, added onto the heat at the end of their G1 match, a Tanashi and Styles encounter might be on it's way. I certainly hope not, but I guess the Styles and Okada match will be more enjoyable for me if I think AJ stands a chance of winning.
Okada vs Tana in the dome is set in stone bar either part picking up a big injury. This is the end of year long redemption and the passing of the torch. Very old school All Japan style booking. There will be more AJ vs Tanahashi matches without a doubt. But they will be spread out a bit

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Okada vs Tana in the dome is set in stone bar either part picking up a big injury. This is the end of year long redemption and the passing of the torch. Very old school All Japan style booking. There will be more AJ vs Tanahashi matches without a doubt. But they will be spread out a bit

Oh I know you're right. It's just been a long time since I was this invested in a major champion. I think the last time I have felt this way about a champion, being nervous he would lose the belt etc, was back in 2006 when Jeff Jarrett was the NWA champ. I won't go as far as saying it's like when Flair was NWA champ when I was growing up... I don't think ANYTHING could ever compare to those memories... but Okada is the first guy I have really been on the edge of my seat during his matches, really getting invested in whether he wins or not.

That's one of the reasons I am such an Okada fan. He makes me feel about wrestling like I did back when I was younger. I'm able to get lost in his matches and for a short while actually convince myself that I'm not watching a predetermined event.

Stopspot

Reaction score
It's probably with the ROH tour. The Briscoes are all but confirmed for the tag league in December and there are rumors of Elgin vs Lethal for the belt in the dome.

Stopspot

Reaction score
CNam22kWcAABVXs.jpg

Meet New Japan's literal next big thing. 24 year old Tomoyuki Oka who is a former amateur wrestling standout. He is currently competing in MMA and submission wrestling for the bushiroad club, owned by NJPW's parent company. He's just won the "1st Combat Wrestling World Championships" held in Bulgaria. He plans to turn pro after a shooto tournament in September and make him NJPW debut in 2016.

Big lad.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
AJ literally has zero chances of winning at KOPW.

I reckon Oka's eventual superpush will put Okada's to shame. Kidani literally tweets about Oka more often than he tweets about New Japan.

Super happy for Kaz, hopefully he and Daniels end up in New Japan instead of those Kanellis nobodies.

there are rumors of Elgin vs Lethal for the belt in the dome.
:steve:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Oka's push will put Inoki's to shame.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Well for a while there I was enjoying the suspense of believing Okada might stand a chance at losing the belt and then everyone takes that away from me. Much appreciated :p

I'm just teasing, though. You guys are great.

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
CNam22kWcAABVXs.jpg

Meet New Japan's literal next big thing. 24 year old Tomoyuki Oka who is a former amateur wrestling standout. He is currently competing in MMA and submission wrestling for the bushiroad club, owned by NJPW's parent company. He's just won the "1st Combat Wrestling World Championships" held in Bulgaria. He plans to turn pro after a shooto tournament in September and make him NJPW debut in 2016.

Big lad.

Dayumn, that dude looks legit.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Well for a while there I was enjoying the suspense of believing Okada might stand a chance at losing the belt and then everyone takes that away from me. Much appreciated :p

I'm just teasing, though. You guys are great.
:quimby:
As we all know, pro-graps doesn't have to be unpredictable to be awesome.
:burns:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Super happy for Kaz, hopefully he and Daniels end up in New Japan instead of those Kanellis nobodies.

:steve:

Well, Maria is the only reason they got the tag titles, someone obviously loves having her there. :fact:

And just as long they don't switch the titles back to The Kingdom, I'm a happy camper.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Who Helped CJP Get His Job With NJPW?

- As noted, former WWE NXT star CJ Parker is headed to New Japan Pro Wrestling as Juice Robinson. This comes after Parker announced on Twitter that he was retiring but was just referring to that CJ Parker character. Apparently WWE Performance Center coach Matt Bloom (Tensai, Jason Albert) helped Parker get the NJPW job when he decided to leave WWE. Parker is set to be pushed in NJPW's junior heavyweight division along with Matt Sydal, the former Evan Bourne.

Tensai is a cool dude. Good for CJP, I mean Juice Robinson. Looking forward to seeing him in NJPW.