New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Honestly, I strongly believe Desperado/Taguchi might end up being the MOTN simply because Jarrett screwing Tanahashi is painfully obvious and will ruin the end of main event. In an ideal world where Jarrett never left his mother's womb, Tanashi/Styles would be a legit cult classic, human chessgame for ages to come.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Merged with the NJPW thread

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Three way Jr. Tag match sounds good. Tanahashi/Styles will probably be a great contest too.

Stopspot

Reaction score
So. Yamamoto returned tonight at KOPW, saving Tanahashi from a Jeff Jarrett guitar solo.

also we have a new champ in Tanahashi, setting a new record.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
So... dont really know what to say to be honest.

MOTN---> Ishii vs Yujiro. Ishii is a BEAAAAST

Expected more from the ME and I think Okada was not at his top level.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Yep, Ishii/Yujiro was outstanding, just phenomenal, and the best thing - it wasn't a total Ishii carryjob.

I loved main event as well, sure it was this big western type match with interferences, but it was done in a somehow compelling manner.

Stopspot

Reaction score
db640a3c64f97a27b16f30e269eb9164.jpg
67d82384e05594effe022a1055ced1ee.jpg

New Japan announced that the Super Jr. Tag Tournament will take place during the “Road to POWER STRUGGLE” tour with the first round taking place on October 25th, the semi-finals taking place on November 1st and November 2nd and then the finals taking place on November 3rd. They also announced the participants.

Best of Super Jr. Tag Tournament Participants:
Tiger Mask & Jushin Liger
Young Bucks (Nick and Matt Jackson) ~ 2013 Winners
Ryusuke Taguchi & Fuego [CMLL] ~ Current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion (Taguchi)
Suzuki-gun (Taichi & El Desperado)
Time Splitters (KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley) ~ 2012 Winners/Current IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions
Forever Hooligans (Rocky Romero & Alex Kozlov)
BUSHI & Mascara Dorada [CMLL]
ReDragon (Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish) [Both ROH]

The “Road to POWER STRUGGLE” tour runs from October 25th until November 6th with “POWER STRUGGLE” itself taking place on November 8th. Following “POWER STRUGGLE”, NJPW will be holding their “World Tag League” beginning on November 22nd and running through December 7th. They will then run a brief “Road to TOKYO DOME” tour from December 12th to December 20th leading into the biggest show of the year… Wrestle Kingdom 9 in Tokyo Dome!​

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
NJPW, 25.10.2014 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka & TAKA Michinoku
2. Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma, Captain New Japan & Kota Ibushi vs. Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga
3. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 - Round 1: BUSHI & Mascara Dorada vs. Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly
4. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 - Round 1: Ryusuke Taguchi & Fuego vs. Taichi & El Desperado
5. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 - Round 1: Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson
6. Super Jr. Tag Tournament 2014 - Round 1: KUSHIDA & Alex Shelley vs. Rocky Romero & Alex Kozlov
7. Special Six Man Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto vs. Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii

Tanahashi teaming with Goto... and SHIBATA! Shibata will work the entire Power Struggle tour, so there you go, I smell the NJC and heavyweight title victory at Invasion Attack.

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Can someone drop me a place to watch NJPW?

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Dunno, Omega would be too obvious. Maybe Shelley turning on KUSHIDA? They need a Jr.