New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
Big Dave is reporting that he signed a 1 year deal with Shin Nihon, but they don't want to make it public yet.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
New Japan Pro Wrestling “INVASION ATTACK 2014”, 4/6/2014 [Sun] 16:00 @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo

(1) IWGP Jr. Tag Championship Match: [37th Champions] “Young Bucks” Matt & Nick Jackson vs. [Challengers] Kota Ibushi & El Desperado
~ 3rd title defense.

(2) Special 6 Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba [Free] vs. Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

(3) NWA World Tag Championship Match: [79th Champions] Rob Conway & Jax Dane vs. [Challenger] Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima

(4) Pro-Wrestling vs Jiu-Jitsu Mixed Martial Arts Match: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka vs. Daniel & Rolles Gracie

(5) Special Single Match: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Prince Devitt

(6) Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga

(7) NEVER Openweight Championship Match: [3rd Champion] Tomohiro Ishii vs. [Challenger] Tetsuya Naito
~ 1st title defense.

(8) IWGP Tag Championship Match: [64th Champions] Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. [Challengers] Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
~ 2nd title defense.

(9) IWGP Intercontinental Championship Match: [7th Champion] Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. [Challenger] Shinsuke Nakamura
~ 2nd title defense.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Styles is Bullet Club.
I Predicted this on another forum, Since Devitt's Contract is coming up and Styles was going over...It makes sense. It seems that Either Devitt's time in NJPW is up and he's going onto to WWE or AJ is just a new Member while They work a new Contract for Devitt.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I Predicted this on another forum, Since Devitt's Contract is coming up and Styles was going over...It makes sense. It seems that Either Devitt's time in NJPW is up and he's going onto to WWE or AJ is just a new Member while They work a new Contract for Devitt.

Bullet Club turned on Devitt so he's not in the club anymore.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Ah, Okay...I haven't watched New Japan in a while since New Beginnings...Will try to watch the New Japan Cup.
To be more precise: they turned last night, leaving Devitt to shake hands with his former tag partner as a send off

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi ©

I can't describe in words how much I adored the main event. The big majority of the match was basically Tanahashi going "you will sell for me, Shinsuke, YOU WILL I'M TELLING YOU! you artpop wannabe!", and it was the greatest thing that happened in wrestling since Suzuki/Tanahashi from KOPW '12, it was a fantastic homage to the heroes of old, different strong style, it felt like I’m watching Fujinami/Choshu.

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
I just finished watching Invasion Attack and I gotta say it's good that Shinsuke is king. Shinsuke has never been not a king. THe match with Tanahasi was awesome, easily MOTY.

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
I just finished watching Invasion Attack and I gotta say it's good that Shinsuke is king. Shinsuke has never been not a king. THe match with Tanahasi was awesome, easily MOTY.
Oh no doubt, I was actually torn between the two, and they both put on an amazing match, far better than any match this year

Dojo

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Bryan/Wyatt at RR is the only other match I think is MOTY. I also love hwo during the match Tanahashi got some major heat and was working heel pretty good. It's weird cause I thought that Nakamura was the heel in their storyline because of his CHAOS alignment. Hopefully this all builds to Shinsuke vs Okada. That's my dream match other than Shinsuke vs Steen or Hero.

Stopspot

Reaction score

New Japan made an appearance during a baseball game in Taiwan during the current Taiwan tour.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
This is the sickest counter in a long, LONG time:

bEzjmMi.gif

And remember this?

0qi2kg8.gif

Reactions: Roi

Stopspot

Reaction score
And Kojimas next challenger for the NWA belt is....Wes Brisco......

Well that'll be a barnburner.

Lariat in 3 minutes.