New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
We don't necessarily need spoilers and you won't get in trouble for not using them. I was just trying to be polite to anyone who might have yet to watch it :emoji_slight_smile:

And Yeah, I think I am closer to agreeing with you about what I want to win.
Cool. Was too lazy to check OP. Figured people are smart enough not to come in here if they haven't seen it yet, since there aren't any spoilers in the title.

And cool. It's much better to be tranquilo than...terminated? Idk. For me, I feel more invested in a match when I want one person to win, so when I'm torn, it's more like "I'm happy either way" so I usually don't care as much. Everyone enjoys wrestling differently though, so do whatever you gotta do to maximize the enjoyment of the match for ya

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
¡TRANQUILO, ASSEN NA YO!. Omega swept up the Rainmaker so he's guaranteed a title match right? Either way those two will probably meet again sooner than later regardless and I'm a Naito mark, I want to see him get that WK main event spot it's his Destino bby.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Cool. Was too lazy to check OP. Figured people are smart enough not to come in here if they haven't seen it yet, since there aren't any spoilers in the title.

And cool. It's much better to be tranquilo than...terminated? Idk. For me, I feel more invested in a match when I want one person to win, so when I'm torn, it's more like "I'm happy either way" so I usually don't care as much. Everyone enjoys wrestling differently though, so do whatever you gotta do to maximize the enjoyment of the match for ya

Sometimes I don't know who I am rooting for until the match gets going and I see how I react to the near falls. Back in the day, I always rooted for Ric Flair and Roddy Piper. There are a couple other guys I always root for, and Okada is one of them. Omega and Naito... I just don't know. I really won't know until the match who I prefer. But I think it'll be Naito.

Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
This comes late but the G1 Special Finals pitting Kenny Omega against Tomohiro Ishii was a great match! Hard hitting all the way. It's good to see Omega, who has worked so hard to get to the top, finally receive his just rewards.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
So, for the fellas who have NJPW World... is it possible to actually search for an old match, say, Tanahashi vs Okada and get anything or is their search system just rotten and I have to go through one man's entire match listing to find it?

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
So, for the fellas who have NJPW World... is it possible to actually search for an old match, say, Tanahashi vs Okada and get anything or is their search system just rotten and I have to go through one man's entire match listing to find it?
The only thing I have ever tried searching was for Onita matches, which I believe there are only like 5 or 6. So yeah, it works, but it's also kind of trash at the same time. The one thing I did to make it a little more reliable was to put the date or the opponent, but that wouldn't really help you much if you're looking for more than just one specific match. Just play around with it. It's like Google, you have to know how to phrase your search in order to get the results you're looking for. Hope that helped. Good luck

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The only thing I have ever tried searching was for Onita matches, which I believe there are only like 5 or 6. So yeah, it works, but it's also kind of trash at the same time. The one thing I did to make it a little more reliable was to put the date or the opponent, but that wouldn't really help you much if you're looking for more than just one specific match. Just play around with it. It's like Google, you have to know how to phrase your search in order to get the results you're looking for. Hope that helped. Good luck
I see. Yeah, I was thinking that was likely going to be the case which sadly isn't a surprise given the fact they can barely provide a fucking proper English interface, I was just confirming that I wasn't missing some wacky trick or something. Thanks.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
i believe searching both wrestlers give you their matches (haven't been on njpworld for a while, so dont know for sure)

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
King of Pro Wrestling airing live Monday at 5pm Eastern Standard ( ~2pm Pacific) I'm hype! Here's the card:

Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Leo Tonga) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & Toru Yano) vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match:
Funky Future (Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet) (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (? & ?)

IWGP Tag Team Championship 3-Way Elimination Match:
Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs. War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)

CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Beretta & Jado) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Cody & Marty Scurll)

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi & Juice Robinson

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
KUSHIDA (c) vs. Will Ospreay

Wrestle Kingdom 12 IWGP Heavyweight Championship Challenge Match
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. EVIL

Really looking forward to Okada/Evil and Naito/Ishii has never disappointed.

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
King of Pro Wrestling airing live Monday at 5pm Eastern Standard ( ~2pm Pacific) I'm hype! Here's the card:

Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Leo Tonga) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi)

CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & Toru Yano) vs. Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match:
Funky Future
(Ryusuke Taguchi & Ricochet) (c) vs. Roppongi 3K (? & ?)

IWGP Tag Team Championship 3-Way Elimination Match:
Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.) (c) vs. War Machine (Hanson & Raymond Rowe) vs. Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)

CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Beretta & Jado) vs. Bullet Club (Kenny Omega, Cody & Marty Scurll)

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe vs. Kota Ibushi & Juice Robinson

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship Match
KUSHIDA
(c) vs. Will Ospreay

Wrestle Kingdom 12 IWGP Heavyweight Championship Challenge Match
Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP Heavyweight Championship Match
Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. EVIL

Really looking forward to Okada/Evil and Naito/Ishii has never disappointed.
Ngl, those last four matches make me wanna catch up and start properly keeping up with NJ starting at this event. What matches since the G1 do I really need to have seen??

Jeffry Mason

Reaction score
Since the G1?...Juice Vs. Omega for the IWGP US championship was pretty good.
It's Juice, of course it was good. He could carry anyone to an awesome match.

Also, cuz I haven't been paying attention either, what's Ropongi 3K?

Reactions: seabs