New Japan Pro-Wrestling General Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Finished watching Destruction in Beppu and have to say it was decent. It did have a few good matches like Suzuki-gun multi-man match and the main event was good even though ZSJ winning the belt from Tanahashi in this short of time makes no sense as to why he won it at Royal Quest. Also watched Destruction in Kagoshima, and for the first time, I thought it was just an average show with the main highlight being Suzuki and Liger. The main event, which was KENTA v Kota, was not very good and felt very WWE-esque. Overall, Beppu gets a 7/10 and Kagoshima gets a 5/10

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Destruction in Kobe was great. Jushin revealing Kishin was amazing and the fact everybody was afraid of him made it awesome. Also, if you don't know who Kinshin he is Jushin alter persona who is just pure evil and amazing, so I am ready fo that match between him and Suzuki. The other matches were good Goto v Shingo was really good as it showed what two powerhouses could do. Naito v Jay was amazing. Jay was really heeling everything up and his taunting was great. The match itself was very good and I would consider it one of Jay's better matches he has had. Also, they are setting Goto v Jay for the belt and that is great and if Goto wins, I will fangirl like crazy. Overall, a solid 8/10

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score

I found this video and thought it was interesting and brings up some very valid, but no one will watch the video.

I watched. Didn't necessarily agree with everything, but it did bring up a lot of good points, yes. Juice has been fucking incredible ever since his heel days in NXT, and is now probably one of the best faces in the business today. One of my absolute favorite things about NJPW, and I agree that it is a shame that he will seemingly never get the props he very much deserves

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I watched. Didn't necessarily agree with everything, but it did bring up a lot of good points, yes. Juice has been fucking incredible ever since his heel days in NXT, and is now probably one of the best faces in the business today. One of my absolute favorite things about NJPW, and I agree that it is a shame that he will seemingly never get the props he very much deserves
He is about one of the last faces in Wrestling as a whole, really. I do think there is a bigger plan for Juice in the "Grand Arc" of the things so to so, but who knows. I mean, look at Jay White he is now the champion and everything so who knows.

Reactions: Jeffry Mason

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

So there are talks that Suzuki might be leaving New Japan due to him being unhappy with how he is/has been booked minus his feud with Liger. If he does leave then man that sucks and Icourios to see what they do with Suzuki-gun as a whole.

Reactions: Geese

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

This video is spot on when talking about Jay White. I am also glad and sad that a lot of people are seeing Jay for the wrestler he is and are becoming fans of him, now.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
NJPW is coming out with an app called NJPW Collection. You can purchase trading cards of NJPW wrestlers, news and events of NJPW shows. And you can collect coins (virtual currency) to buy new cards. SES Scoops: "Gacha is similar to a loot box in video games, where players can 'pull' or 'spin' the gacha to obtain cards or other items in exchange for in-game currency, which are usually bought from real money."

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
NJPW has announced the establishment of New Japan Pro Wrestling of America. It is in California and will begin in November. NJPW will be having more shows in the US.