New Japan Cup 2020

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Pretty good first Day for the New Japan Cup I must say. Nothing really blew me away, but Tomohiro Ishii vs El Desperado felt like the clear best Match from the Show. It felt like Desperado really wanted to get past Ishii and he came inches away from that goal as Ishii moves on to the next Round. Yano that trickster clearly he put Cement in the Shoes of Jado, because fuck me that guy was stiff and lackluster out there as if he didn't want to be there. Day 2 has Okada vs Gedo, Nagata vs Suzuki, Uemara vs Kanemaru, and Kidd vs Ishimori coming.

Reactions: BolkaRover

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
So, the New Japan Cup is underway and the winner gets a double title match against Naito at DOMINION on July 12th.

Anybody seen much of the tournament? I've only seen Suzuki vs Nagata so far but it looks like we're getting to the nitty gritty now (1/4 finals so far are Ishii vs Takahashi and Okada vs Ishimori) so I'll be paying a bit more attention moving forwards.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So, the New Japan Cup is underway and the winner gets a double title match against Naito at DOMINION on July 12th.

Anybody seen much of the tournament? I've only seen Suzuki vs Nagata so far but it looks like we're getting to the nitty gritty now (1/4 finals so far are Ishii vs Takahashi and Okada vs Ishimori) so I'll be paying a bit more attention moving forwards.

uF4BJgrl.png

Yeah Suzuki vs Nagata was one of my favs from the New Japan Cup and I thought SHO vs Shingo was good and very important for SHO getting that huge win. I even thought Taichi beating the Ace was good for his career as well. We got Taichi vs Ibushi, Sanada vs SHO, Yoshi-Hashi vs Bushi, and Evil vs Goto coming on Wednesday can't wait. If Ibushi gets past Taichi smooth sailing to the finals.