New Impact Wrestling World Champion Crowned

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
ROH might end up becoming a viable option in the coming years if their tv deal works out well.

TNA need some new ideas and a change in the booking team would be a good way to make these changes.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Of course I want a viable option, but I gave up on TNA becoming that ages ago, that is just me being realistic. It was depressing in 2008/09, it is no longer depressing in 2011 because I don't see a way back for them anymore and I haven't in awhile now. I agree with Troy, ROH have a great product and the only thing stoping them from being a strong number two company was the lack of investment and having a proper television deal, and with a bit of luck if this Sinclair thing works out then over the next couple of years I can see them making huge steps.

The hottest spells in American Wrestling for me were the 80's pre-Vince buying everything except the NWA, and in the late 90's where you had WWF, WCW and ECW really going at it teeth and nail. If you can have two or three companies at the top, and then a strong indie scene then for me that is a time when wrestling will be back to its best.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It bugs me when people say ECW were in the mix during the Monday Night Wars, they weren't. Taking money from one of your "competitors" doesn't make you a player, it makes you a feeder league.

But thats neither here nor there. Just saying TNA is an embarrassment, and their fans should demand better quality since it affects outsider views on pro-wrestling as a whole.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Not saying ECW were ever a threat to WWF and WCW, but they had become big enough to be called the third company. They stood out as something different and fostered an envoirment for people who didn't want to watch raw or Nitro and even one for some people who did watch those shows.