New Head Smackdown Writer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucky

Reaction score
Partial Source: PWInsider.com

According to a Tweet from former WWE creative team member Court Bauer, Ed Koskey has been promoted to take over for Michael Hayes as the head writer on SmackDown!.

Hayes was more of an "idea guy" who would have his team write the ideas he came up with. Hayes is moving to more of a management position in the company.

Is this type of a shakeup what Smackdown needs right now?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know much about Ed Koskey so I don't have that much to say on the topic. Will have to wait a couple of months to see if the direction of Smackdown changes now that Hayes isn't in charge.

Seak

Reaction score
Hopefully they will focus more on building main event superstars, or at least upper midcarders who can dip into the main event when someone is needed. I don't care who the head writer is, this is a simple aspect that has needed to be fixed for a long while now.

As a whole I've enjoyed how SmackDown has been run. I enjoy the focus more being on in ring action instead of how RAW is run. It has just been suffering from what I call the WCW problem. The midcard is strong, but the mainevent is weak. If they can fix this problem I see good things for Smackdown.