New General Manager on the 1000th RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Michael Cole ffs.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sure they could probably still end up doing Cole now, but they had the chance to do it throughout the Anonymous GM stint when he was getting serious heat and was in full blown heel mode and they didn't capitalise on it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
As long as it's not Johnny Ace again I'll be happy. To be honest, I wouldn't even bash them going for a face GM because they can work...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope that WWE don't screw this up this time and actually pick a good candidate for the role. I wouldn't mind them going with someone like a William Regal or Mick Foley again in the role. I wouldn't even mind Matt Striker as GM, he can talk and if they aren't using him as a colour commentator on RAW or Smackdown they may as well use him in this role.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Final prediction for me and I am going Undertaker, it would just catch everyone off guard.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As you will know by now I am a big fan of the choice they made for new GM and the way it freshens up that persons character and just what a suprise twist it was to that big angle. By the way I am posting like this for the beneift of anyone who has not seen raw or who don't know the news yet.

Just one thing to add for those who say that it cannot be a long term appointment, I say why not? And if you think about having made such a big deal out of annonceing a new GM on this 1000th raw then to remove that person for the job just a matter of weeks later would make the whole thing pointless.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The choice was... Interesting. It could end up being a refreshing, fun General Manager personality or it could turn into a mess. We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

I kinda wish it was Eve now, though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I just can't see it lasting for more than a year, it is a smart way to take advantage of a characters popularity but I don't know if they can sustain this for a long period of time. If she can hold it until WM then I will be impressed.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll give them credit that it was a left field appointment, but i'm not really a fan of it. There's a couple of things they can do with Punk/Bryan/Kane/Eve/Vickie but i'm honestly not excited by the appointment in all honesty, would still have preferred Ric Flair any day of the week.

tjScarbi

Reaction score
Not happy, real let down in choice, was hoping for something a bit more interesting. Had enough of it from the past few months. However, it will be cool to see what they do with her and the heel Punk...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'll give them credit that it was a left field appointment, but i'm not really a fan of it. There's a couple of things they can do with Punk/Bryan/Kane/Eve/Vickie but i'm honestly not excited by the appointment in all honesty, would still have preferred Ric Flair any day of the week.

The problem with a guy like Flair is that he will always be seen as a NWA/WCW guy more than a wwe guy besides WWE need to build for the future and they guy is past sixty and has always been over exposed in TNA recently.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bischoff and Heyman weren't WWE guys but they made for fantastic GM's.

As far as building for the future goes, I don't think you need to worry about that really.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Fair point but Heyman and Bischoff had that creepy, egotistcal owner type character down to a tee while Flair has charasma I don't think he is quite as believeable in those sorts of roles, besides he is just one of those guys who has been shoved down everyones throat for the last decade and most fans are ready for a change.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
AJ Lee... really. Is she the John Cena of the Diva's division now since Kelly Kelly is done. Tired of her being rammed down our throats like crazy, I mean it was bad enough seeing the awkward love triangle between, Bryan, Punk and her now this.

Status
Not open for further replies.