New Florida guidelines allow WWE to bring back fans starting next week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Wow...Florida is a wild ass state.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
In my opinion (based on following the US news because Donald Trump is pure comedy gold and some googling of stats that may or may not be accurate)

This shows that politicians are more intrested in the economy that protecting peoples safety and nothing more. Has anybody seen any actual evidence anywhere that this is spreading less rapidly than it was even with the lockdown/ Stay in place? Because just about a week ago there were people protesting this and going to beaches being reported in the news - which, to me at least, says that Americas lockdown will be less successful than other Countries because people simply didn't do it they way they should have done. Which,in turn, means that new, unidentified cases are still out there and carriers are likely to pass this on still.

Hey, just because they're allowing people to go to WWE doesn't mean people have to do it, and hopefully I'm wrong, but I can see people going to these events, companies being greedy enough to let them and America being back to stage one (or worse!) in a matter of a month.

Simple logic: 25% capacity means every 4th seat. If I'm in the middle of a row how do I get out to go the toilet without close contact with at least one person?

Last edited:

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Well, they said 200 new cases confirmed in Georgia after they reopened. So, I expect this to happen in every state that reopens too early. The fact that they are even saying this coming fall and winter that the virus will be more deadly than it was during the first outbreak is the biggest worry of all.

When they said this is gonna be our new normal for awhile: they aren't lying. I dunno what it's gonna take. But, even a vaccine is a couple years off. So, perhaps they really should have used Strickland propane and propane accessories for that bat. Or perhaps not been nasty ass mothafuckas at an open-air food mart.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
No shock to see Florida allow this especially me seeing on the News the State allowing people to come back to the Beaches last Week or so. 25% only allowed boy is that going to look weird on TV even more so than no fans, but it's a step in the right direction.. I imagine like a Puro or Joshi Crowd everyone should and will be wearing Masks for sure.

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
While I strongly disagree, unfortunately the American people have spoken and have decided that they are going to go back to living their lives normally. American people just can't handle any form of adversity and that includes even minor inconvenience. The fact that this has now become politicized does not help matters either.

I think that the covid-19 numbers in major cities are going to start resembling those in NY. The really scary thing is that no matter how bad things get, you will still see 30-40% of the American population keep shouting from the rooftops that this is a hoax.
I think America is too politically divided to deal with this crisis in any sort of a cohesive manner. There is a distrust of government and quite frankly a lot of people don't even know what they stand for, they just want to fight. Corona will continue to be a problem in America long after it has been eradicated in other parts of the world.

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
While I strongly disagree, unfortunately the American people have spoken and have decided that they are going to go back to living their lives normally. American people just can't handle any form of adversity and that includes even minor inconvenience. The fact that this has now become politicized does not help matters either.

I think that the covid-19 numbers in major cities are going to start resembling those in NY. The really scary thing is that no matter how bad things get, you will still see 30-40% of the American population keep shouting from the rooftops that this is a hoax.
I think America is too politically divided to deal with this crisis in any sort of a cohesive manner. There is a distrust of government and quite frankly a lot of people don't even know what they stand for, they just want to fight. Corona will continue to be a problem in America long after it has been eradicated in other parts of the world.

The sad thing is that I don’t think the majority
of people want to reopen. The media just likes
to show the protestor people cause they’re insane.

But I see what you mean. There were a ton of people at Wal-Mart when I drove by today, and it’s kinda sad that even amidst a pandemic we just can’t seem to stay home for a couple months to decrease the risk of infection.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Well alot of people are going out to shop for needs. We can't ignore our needs. But, the way it's going down. You still need to go shop for food, and shit to wipe your ass with and still live your life. Some people are just readjusting. You are forgetting a lot of wasn't alive during the last pandemic of this nature which would have been the Spanish flu or the black death plague.

The government has always been systematically designed in America to screw the people and reward those who offer money to their campaign in exchange for a scratch your back when I am elected with sliding in legislation in favor of your businesses or pick a theme. To boot, this is an election year. So a lot of the politics is taking advantage of our idiot in charge as well as the fear-induced public to sway the election. Add in the media who been doing that shit for years and we have a full-blown issue on our hands. Even some of you have been that way on this very forum in the coronavirus thread. So, its just something we have to adjust to. I said it best:

None of us are prepared for a pandemic cause we never Experienced one prior. I don't count swine flu or the other ones that came before it cause this one is on an entirely different level.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The sad thing is that I don’t think the majority
of people want to reopen. The media just likes
to show the protestor people cause they’re insane.

But I see what you mean. There were a ton of people at Wal-Mart when I drove by today, and it’s kinda sad that even amidst a pandemic we just can’t seem to stay home for a couple months to decrease the risk of infection.

Well when it comes to my situation I live in a Motel so I can't stay home and rely on a Bank Account when theirs rent to be paid there. I've worked every day pretty much since the Pandemic started and that is only because my Dad and I wear Gloves and Masks when were working. If I have to go get something I have to walk Miles to do it, and I think that is the case of people who need to go out because of need to not to just cause. I'm happy to be out because your mind starts to waver and you start to go into negativity mode when that call of no work seems to pile up. I have no problem with people being out, just wear the Masks and Gloves and be smarter. Back to the topic at hand though more I hope WWE sells Masks during the Shows to aid people who don't have any and plan to go to these Shows in the future.

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I thought this wasn't true and it was just talk?

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
I thought this wasn't true and it was just talk?
I don't think we'll actually know until these shows take place. Even if the state allows crowds, it may be tough to set up the arena infrastructure to accommodate (socially distanced) crowds on such a short notice, not to mention sell and distribute tickets.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I don't think we'll actually know until these shows take place. Even if the state allows crowds, it may be tough to set up the arena infrastructure to accommodate (socially distanced) crowds on such a short notice, not to mention sell and distribute tickets.

So true they need to Iron out those details first. Like how you do determine which fan is allowed to come and why is that fan allowed vs someone else. I wonder how they determined the select few who get Tickets and come to the Shows.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
And people wonder why I am saving money so I can get out of this backwards ass state.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
We as a country aren't even listening to the white house guidelines. We haven't plateau in cases. I think WWE is making a mistake by allowing people into arenas right now. I can assure you Roman Reigns fans won't see him once this fully reopens. Cause he is an at risk person due to his previous bout with cancer. Though don't quote me. He may still wrestle.

I just think every state is making a mistake here. I really do. Florida especially. I am aware that we need to save our economy and it's part of the reasoning for reopening. But, at this point. The government needs to bite the bullet. They bailed out the banks in the past and big corporations. Now, it's time for you to think of the people which I know politicians at least some of them don't give a fuck about us. But, it's time for you to bail out the people. Save and preserve life. Keep us closed and you need to give us a monthly stipend on top of unemployment. We need to do a mass close down on in-person gathering for awhile. It sucks. But, this is gonna get worst if we do this reopening early.. I'm no doctor but numbers don't lie.

Last edited: