New Faction To SmackDown, The Condemned Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

hbk4894

Reaction score
Source - PWInsider

Dave Taylor, Paul Burchill, and Scottish new comer Drew McIntyre will all be put together as a new faction for the SmackDown brand. Burchill has recently been down in Ohio Valley Wrestling as a major heel. McIntyre is said to be a resemblance to a bulkier Brian Kendrick.

The Condemned starring Steve Austin dropped from #4 on the rentals charts down to #6. So far the film has grossed $11.12 million via rentals.

CenaMark54

Finally, the ripper is coming back to SD. At least I will have a reason to watch on Friday nights now.

I haven't seen this McIntyire guy, whats the word on him?

Switchy

Reaction score
I'm happy that Burchill's comnig back, hopefully with the powerhouse gimmick but I was let down after reading the thread title 'cause I was expecting it to be the New Hart Foundation. Still great news :)

imported_Ant

Reaction score
HF are coming up in November. There being advertised for tv tapings on the 16th i think

Great One

FINALLY, thank god they are doing something smart, this should be great. I've been saying SD needs a big, cool faction for months maybe even years.

Soulpower

I haven't seen this McIntyire guy, whats the word on him?

I've only seen one match of his and he wrestles kind of like Regal with an emphashis on the European style of wrestling (ie:Chain Wrestling) though I don't know how his style will change in WWE... I'm just glad about Burchill getting another shot.

Maxi

Reaction score
the scotsman was in one of the scottish papers a while back when he signed the deal with wwe.

seems quite built, much more than kendrick.

Scott_Hardy

Reaction score
Hmm, i bet this faction with Paul was supposed to feud with The Hart Foundation 2.0. If so then that is down the drain

Fatal 55

Reaction score
I would've rathered Burchill on ECW as a monster heel instead of Big Daddy V but i'm not going to complain! Any time he's on TV is great! He better still use the C-4 (Backflip Rock Bottom)

In a perfect world he would be the leader of the faction but that'll probably go to Dave Taylor since he's the elder statesman!

Smacky-Backy could do with a Stable! & am I wrong in thinking WWE might use Harry Smith in this stable as well! Afterall, The Hart Foundation idea is out the window & he is part British so why not! Perfect way to bring him to the roster is to put him in a stable where it wouldn't be too hard to get air time!

phantomgerald

Burchill should go solo. The faction will just hold him back. And they should add another young wrestler to the faction so Burchill and Taylor can help groom that wrestler.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Burchill should go solo. The faction will just hold him back. And they should add another young wrestler to the faction so Burchill and Taylor can help groom that wrestler.

As i just said above... Harry Smith!!!

I personnaly think it could work quite well. Stables are a rare breed in WWE nowdays so let's hope these ideas actually go through & they get a nice run!

JHar888

Reaction score
From gerweck.net, eh? Interesting concept here on SmackDown! with a new faction. Hopefully SmacDown! won't blow it with these guys, they seem as if they all have the seem gimmick, which is a god thing. Hopefully this is what SmackDown! uses to get higher ratings. However, I don't think these guys will last, at least as a team.

MJ807

Reaction score
This is finally a reason for me to watch Smackdown which I haven't seen in ages and now I might start watching it again once they debut.