New Announcer to debut at RR

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
Source: WWE.com

As co-host of the original American Gladiators series, Mike Adamle has witnessed his fair share of punches, kicks and body slams. Good thing, too. All the better to prepare him for his latest role: WWE on-air personality.

Best known for his Gladiator role (1989 ��" 1996), Adamle joins the WWE broadcast team this Sunday at the Royal Rumble, where he’ll get his feet wet interviewing Superstars. From there, Adamle will join team Raw on Monday nights doing, as he describes it, “a little bit of everything.â€

Growing up near Chicago, the sportscaster says his ties to wrestling go way back. “I remember going to see matches with my Dad and my sister,†Adamle fondly recalls. “We would watch Bobo Brazil do his move called the Coco Butt, [a head butt].â€

Adamle says he appreciates the innovation of Superstars such as “Stone Cold†Steve Austin and current American Gladiators co-host Hulk Hogan.

“Anytime you have an athlete who’s remembered years afterward, that’s special,†he says.

These days, Adamle admires a host of Superstars, but when pressed on which pair he’d particularly be thrilled to see clash, the man who’s covered two Olympic Games doesn’t hesitate.

“Triple H going up against Randy Orton would be a great match,†replies Adamle. “You’ve got two tremendous athletes and a lot of showmanship.â€

As a former NFL running back in the early 1970s, Adamle says he’s encouraged by the showier aspects of sports-entertainment.

“Even as a [football player], I always felt I was an entertainer first,†he says. “After I’d make a great play on special teams, I’d try to wave to the crowd. Now, when someone scores a touchdown and celebrates, they’re penalized. In the WWE, they’re encouraged.â€

Adamle’s NFL days may be behind him, but that doesn’t mean he’s confined to the couch. Several years ago, after feeling a few aches and pains and having put on some extra poundage, Adamle decided to refocus by training for a triathlon. “I finished in about 14 hours,†recalls Adamle of his first crack at the competition.

Since then, he’s competed in four more triathlons and shaved roughly two hours off his time. Despite being so fit, however, Adamle says he’s more comfortable interviewing Superstars as opposed to battling them.

“I feel like I’m not big enough to compete against these guys,†says the 5-foot-9-inch Adamle, with a chuckle. “They’d have to start me off against Hornswoggle.â€

Meh, never sen this guy before but if he's a "new announcer" then I can se him on SD! replacing Coach or on ECW where there would b 3 annuncers, or they could just stick him on heat...

chessarmy

If he is just a backstage interviewer guy it doesnt really matter, but as you said I think he might replace Coach if he is good

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i think he will replace coach eventually... it seems like coach will only be there till they find someone new...

MrKennedyMark

Reaction score
I actually like the tone of his voice. He'd do very well as an interviewer.

This Guy

I used to like him, I remember him from the American Gladiators as well as the old XFL days. He was good, very good actually, but he kinda seemed a little off tonight. He could have been nervous though, it was his first night and from what I understand he really hasn't done any broadcasting type work since XFL. So, I'll give him time to settle in before passing judgement.

CenaMark54

I read someone that he botched Hardy's name and called him Jeff Harvey. I didn't hear it but maybe he did. If so, it sounds like he is off to a good start.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea he did botch Hardy's name. He sounded a little nervous to me and didn't come off that great to me.

John

Yeah, i dont like him. its not that he called Jeff Hardy Harvey its i find his voice so annoying. plus why does he stand in the crowd. why doesnt he just stand backstage with todd grisham. plus i hope he does go to SD and replace Coach.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Yeah, i dont like him. its not that he called Jeff Hardy Harvey its i find his voice so annoying. plus why does he stand in the crowd. why doesnt he just stand backstage with todd grisham. plus i hope he does go to SD and replace Coach.

It's not that he just messed up his name he just seemed nervous and didn't come off that good. I don't think he should replace coach, he should replace Michael Cole if anything cuz he doesn't seem like a color guy.

I think his gimmick thing is to stand in the crowd, like that's his purpose. Because Grisham is still doing the interviews backstage. Overall though his current purpose seems unnecissary.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Coach isn't really heel anymore. For some reason since he went over there he doesn't really seem heel to me more tweener. Besides Flair has always been golden on the mic. I highly doubt he'll end up going over there as an announcer, but I think it would be good. He would bring a lot of passion to an announcing team if he did do that. I personally look for Flair to either be a GM or a manager. His "retirement" will only be from the ring and I don't look for it to last that long. He's got to much passion for the business to leave it entirely for an extended period of time.