Need Technical Help

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
I have encountered a weird problem in my pc.

Yesterday, when i tried to log in at a chat site, it told me "you need a java enabled web browser to run this chat." So i went and updated my java. Since then i cant log in at any site.

For example, i was loggin in at msn, i entered the username and password, it says logging in, then after a few secs it sends me back to the log in page without any error msg or anything. Happens everytime.

I cleared my java cache and my firefox cookies, i also tried using google chrome, but still no change. Any help? I would have posted on Hackforum but i cant login, thankfully i had this site on keep me logged in.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Don't know, if you cleared all your cache did you restart your computer as well?

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Try restartin ur computer it might not have fully updated without a system restart.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Make sure your pop up blockers aren't blocking something. Try to re install your browser. Download all windows updates if that doesn't work and retry

William

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Try re-installing the Java file. Something in it might of become corrupt during the installation. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll post a thread on HF for you :)

Blank

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.blankwebsite.com
How credible was the chat site? It's likely you've been infected and the infection could be displaying mock login forms for sites, but passing all of the information back to them (which is why it wouldn't log you in, because the forms don't actually do anything legitimate).

That's just a theory and is quite a worst-case scenario, but just run some scans to be sure.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like you could have gotten a Java drive-by. By clicking run you essentially installed the virus yourself. Also, check this file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ then find the file called 'hosts' and open it with notepad. Copy and paste everything on there into pastie.org and post the pastie link here. As Blank has mentioned, you could be being re-directed from the fake login pages of websites then back to the homepage, hence not being logged in. Although possible, to know every site you visit and to have a credible rip for a login page, is far fetched.

Blank

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.blankwebsite.com
Jonathan said:
Although possible, to know every site you visit and to have a credible rip for a login page, is far fetched.

It wouldn't really need to know every site you visit. If it's acting as a middleman it could manipulate the source code of pages you're browsing, look for form elements that have common username/password IDs and work with them without having to touch the markup.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Blank said:
It wouldn't really need to know every site you visit. If it's acting as a middleman it could manipulate the source code of pages you're browsing, look for form elements that have common username/password IDs and work with them without having to touch the markup.

That would be more complicated, and you can almost guarantee this is a skid on hackforums who's just downloader poisonivy or something and thinks there a l33t h4x0r. :lol1:

JeebaK

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Heres the pastebin link that u asked for :-
http://pastebin.com/F8y32Dka

Also i dont see how i can be loggin in with a phisher, i positively type the website name on the browser bar, for example http://www.msn.com

I could log in at paypal btw, so i guess not every website is sending me back to the login page.

Also i dont think this is a phisher because, it sends me back to the login page of chat avenue when i try to join a choin avenue chatroom, and chat avenue chatrooms dont require passwords, who would make a phiser for a chat site that doesnt require a pass?

Also i can watch youtube videos, but some other sites' videos arent loading for me.

utorrent isnt starting either.