Nearly One Third Of The World's Population Is Overweight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
09ae22bb2232252921afa44cf871eea8.png

America isn't the only country with a weight problem.

The U.S. takes a lot of flak for being fat, buta study published last month in The Lancetshows that obesity is in fact a global problem. Not only is roughly one-third of the world's population either obese or overweight, it turns out that, in the past thirty-three years, not one country on Earth has managed to reduce its rate of obesity.

Many of the study's biggest takeaways have been made available online, in the form ofinteractive visualizations, and clearly illustrate the global prevalence of obesity. Consider these key findings, highlighted by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation:

• More than 50% of the world's 671 million obese live in 10 countries (ranked beginning with the countries with the most obese people): US, China, India, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Egypt, Germany, Pakistan, and Indonesia.
  • The US, United Kingdom, and Australia are among the high-income countries with large gains in obesity among men and women.
  • Over the 33-year period of research, the Middle East showed large increases in obesity. Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Oman, and Kuwait were among the countries with the largest increases in obesity globally.
  • In six countries, all in the Middle East and Oceania – Kuwait, Kiribati, the Federated States of Micronesia, Libya, Qatar, and Samoa – the prevalence of obesity for women exceeds 50%. In Tonga, both men and women have obesity prevalence over 50%.
  • In sub-Saharan Africa, the highest obesity rates (42%) are seen among South African women.
Some more key findings appear in the infographic at the end of this post, but the upshot is clear: The obesity epidemic is not confined to the United States. As study author Christopher Murray put it: "Obesity is an issue affecting people of all ages and incomes, everywhere."

bddb9058912f1ef0c68ab62c1a455346.jpg

There are fat fucks everywhere, not just America. Isn't that right, @Delik ?

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It is Bmi though

That says I am overweight, where as the people say I am overly hunky/

Most people who are overweight jus have a healthy bit of stomach on them

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It is Bmi though

That says I am overweight, where as the people say I am overly hunky/

Most people who are overweight jus have a healthy bit of stomach on them
stfu fatass

• Haha
Reactions: CM Punk

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
BMI proofs it for me tubby
bmi is not accurate

my weight is mainly muscle. i do have a heathy stomach

most people classified as helathy by bmi are skinny lads, who are hardly as fit as a butchers dog

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
bmi is not accurate

my weight is mainly muscle. i do have a heathy stomach

most people classified as helathy by bmi are skinny lads, who are hardly as fit as a butchers dog
You have a fat face dude. I would come up to you at the bar and pinch your cheeks like "look at the little tubby boy"

Solid Snake

BMI is not something to go by. John Cena would be considered overweight to even obese. It is a good tool for average body types but it gets messy when muscle is present. I think it is more accurate to just look in the mirror. Hip to waist ratio is something that helps but does not necessarily mean you are healthy.

There are three basic builds in both men and women : Small, Medium and Large. This is bone structure, not weight or muscle.

Each one of those should have their own ideal BMI and H2WR. They don't which is why people get confused.

I have seen chunky men and women that are in better shape then their skinny counter part. Obese is an issue. That will never be healthy. Over weight is so drastically thrown around it is not even funny. People need to stop focusing on their weight and just look in the mirror. Look at your bone structure, then muscle, then fat. You can't change your bone structure but you can alter your muscle and fat. If you have a large bone structure then obviously you will carry more weight and more muscle in a healthy manner vs someone who has a small structure.

For guys you look at shoulders, for women you look at hips. The wider they are (the bones!) the more weight you will carry.

Also stomach fat is the worst fat on your body. This is common sense. It suffocates your organs and arteries. It is not healthy when a women looks like an apple and its not healthy when a man looks pregnant, I am talking mid to full term here.

The best way to measure your health (fat wise) is by your waist size. Your waist should be half your height in inches or smaller.

Reactions: Wilby

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You have a fat face dude. I would come up to you at the bar and pinch your cheeks like "look at the little tubby boy"
a tubby face that is a new one

you need to go to specsavers lad
I have seen chunky men and women that are in better shape then their skinny counter part.
same here

i know many a skinny lad who i am in better shape than. i am not fat, but i have a bit f healthy weight on my arms

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If I were walking into the buffet line at the same time as TGMI I would speed ahead to get in front of him to make sure I got some food before he ate it all like the fat miserable piece of trailer trash that he is.

Tgmiveld

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If I were walking into the buffet line at the same time as TGMI I would speed ahead to get in front of him to make sure I got some food before he ate it all like the fat miserable piece of trailer trash that he is.
again lad where is the proof I am fat

just saying BMI is useless

Solid Snake

a tubby face that is a new one

you need to go to specsavers lad

same here

i know many a skinny lad who i am in better shape than. i am not fat, but i have a bit f healthy weight on my arms

When it comes to fat though, you have too much when your waist is over half your height in inches. This is stomach fat alone, the worst kind.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
again lad where is the proof I am fat

just saying BMI is useless

I've seen photos of you next to Jim Cornette, a fatass himself, and you looked 10 X fatter than that fat piece of shit.

Reactions: RoyalRaven