NCAA Football

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Alright Pulse, the season is right around the corner and there have been some major shake ups in some prominent teams in the off season.

So far we've seen Urban Meyer take over at Ohio State which is going to be very interesting. Especially, since I'm a huge Michigan fan. I still think Big Blue is going to smack the Buckeyes in the face again this season.

Also LSU's Heisman finalist, Tyran Mathieu aka Honey Badger, was dismissed from the team for violating team rules. Its been said McNeese State (of FCS) has already contacted him to come play for them. Also, UGA running back, Brandon Crowell, was dismissed from the team for an arrest, but he is going to be playing at Alabama State this year. Not a good way for the SEC to start off.

Anyway, lets get the discussions going!

TactMrBlack

Reaction score
Swamps I liked ya until I saw you were a Michigan fan lol

I'm excited for the Urban era. Not as excited for this year since the Buck are not bowl eligible.

Jon

Reaction score
The Bucks will just have to use Michigan as their bowl game this year. There's nothing wrong with playing spoiler, especially to the team up north.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
One thing I look forward to is seeing Texas A&M being manhandled by the SEC this season. Also, WVU has joined the Big XII. They'll probably fair pretty well since they've been the powerhouse in the Big East for a lot of the last decade. I'm projecting them finishing about 3rd. Oklahoma I'm sure will win the conference and Texas and/or Oklahoma State and/or TCU all have a good shot at finishing ahead of WVU.

As far as the BCS National Championship goes, I'm thinking LSU or Alabama vs. Oklahoma. I think Oregon might be able to contend for a shot if they get past USC and everything goes according to plan as well.

Halfbreed

Reaction score
Alright Pulse, the season is right around the corner and there have been some major shake ups in some prominent teams in the off season.

So far we've seen Urban Meyer take over at Ohio State which is going to be very interesting. Especially, since I'm a huge Michigan fan. I still think Big Blue is going to smack the Buckeyes in the face again this season.

Also LSU's Heisman finalist, Tyran Mathieu aka Honey Badger, was dismissed from the team for violating team rules. Its been said McNeese State (of FCS) has already contacted him to come play for them. Also, UGA running back, Brandon Crowell, was dismissed from the team for an arrest, but he is going to be playing at Alabama State this year. Not a good way for the SEC to start off.

Anyway, lets get the discussions going!

I disagree—this is a great way for the SEC to start off, because it puts my Alabama Crimson Tide on the path to claiming the SEC Championship yet again. Also, let me explain a bit behind my fandom: I will always pull for Alabama over all, but I have a bunch of teams that I love to watch on Saturdays. I can always dig on my home boys, North Carolina, and also like to watch other nearby ACC teams like N.C. State and Clemson. I will watch just about any SEC team play, excluding Vandy and Kentucky. I can dig on Notre Dame, and the service academies (Army, Air Force, Navy), and most teams in the Big XII , PAC-12, and the WAC. I love Marshall like a special little brother, and can dig on some Big East and Big Ten schools, in moderation.

In other words, I'm watching multiple games between Thursday and Saturday, not just Crimson Tide games. I say that because from 9:00 AM to 10:30 PM local time, there are twenty-four football games on television for me. Throw in a slew of my favorite movies on TV tonight (Fail-Safe '64, Zombieland), the Braves, Cubs and Reds all on TV today, the U.S. Women's Soccer Team playing a friendly, U.S. Open Tennis coverage, the Nationwide Series in Atlanta and DOCTOR WHO's season premier, and I may die today. I'm not even kidding, there's like a 62.6% chance I will spontaneously combust.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
UGA is now 4-0! However, they have beaten a bunch of nobodies so far. Looking at the rest of the schedule there is really only one team that could beat them and that is Florida. That game will more than likely decide who goes to the SEC Championship.

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Today's a huge day for the SEC.

The SEC Championship matchup's going to be a great one.

Come on BAMA!

Doom

La Bestia
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
8XDaHk1
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
D6czv1V
Favorite Wrestler
doink
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Man, this year's SEC Championship Game should go down as the best one ever. It was a very brutal matchup for both teams as they both played great. Alabama was down 21-10 to comeback and win the game overall 32-28 with A.J. McCarron's GW-touchdown pass to Amari Cooper.

The BCS Title game should be a matchup for the ages. Can't wait for January 7th!