NCAA College Football

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah the season is a few games in but it's been a good one. Had some big games already and things are shaking up to be very interesting this season.

But with all of that said... and this looking like the last season for any real BCS controversy before the 4 team playoffs begins. Any thoughts on the things that has happened so far? Potential National Championship game?

Overrated teams in the top 10? Top 25? Surprise teams this season?

The list goes on. This is a real good season to be a college football fan.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
My only thoughts are hoping the UAP movement actually gets traction and these athletes can get paid and abolishes the NCAA completely and start minor league systems like Hockey does. I don't like the fact that players can get in shit for signing their names for a few bucks, but the colleges can sell jerseys with the same guys name on it and the NCAA can use their likeness and name on videogames. School should be for academics imo.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My only thoughts are hoping the UAP movement actually gets traction and these athletes can get paid and abolishes the NCAA completely and start minor league systems like Hockey does. I don't like the fact that players can get in shit for signing their names for a few bucks, but the colleges can sell jerseys with the same guys name on it and the NCAA can use their likeness and name on videogames. School should be for academics imo.

But the school's can't sell jerseys with players names on the back. They can sell popular them with a popular player's number, but NCAA got in some shit a couple months ago because of an A&M #2 jersey that said "Football" on the back (Johnny Football). They also don't use names on the video games. Likenesses, yes but that is only numbers, the players face on the game does nothing to resemble the real person that it's based on. The only real likeness is the number and the rating of the player.

I do agree with you that the autograph bullshit is dumb and the NCAA is broken and always has been, but those facts were wrong and the NCAA has gotten into trouble for finding some loopholes in those rules recently.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I still call it exploitation, those colleges makes millions upon millions of dollars off football and basketball, the coaches get multi-million dollar deals and the people doing all the work are getting what? a shitty dorm room and some food vouchers? Seems like if this was a clothing factory, that would be called exploitation. But since this is collegiate sports, it means "hey we been doing this for x amount of years" so it must be fine right?

Still think college is a place of learning, getting drunk/high and fucking women or men....perhaps both iono. not sports, that's already a job at that point, and that job, should pay.....if not, what else is there to call besides slavey?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Agree with you completely on all that Deezy, was just getting some facts straight in my last post.

Slavery comparison is scary right too whenever you factor in the ridiculously long practices a film sessions. You gotta' really love the sport to play college ball because it's your life by that point. I feel so bad for the ones that were just played because they were really good and got a scholarship but didn't really like playing all that much.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
to speak on Slim's original post..... Alabama and Oregon are for real..... although Alabama could be beat by one of the other quality SEC teams....Oregon should waltz right into the National Championship game as the Pac 12 stinks (not a believer in Stanford)... will be interesting to see what happens if Bama were to lose a game as I think Louisville and maybe Baylor could also both go undefeated.. could make for a CRAZY high scoring national championship..... Oh and as for my Irish, we stink, and Tommy Rees is possibly the worst QB in the nation... yet we're still 4-2 and if we win out could find ourselves right back in a BCS bowl game (wishful thinking, I know)

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I do have to say that it is rather absurd that these guys that play can't benefit off of their names without catching some high caliber crap and it puts the university in trouble yet the NCAA themselves is making millions upon millions upon millions. I mean these guys are out there putting their bodies on the line and some of them to get extreme notoriety like Johnny Football, Bush, and the such. They are stars but since they are in college then the scholarships should be enough? Shoot. That's like saying... well as long as you work for us you aren't allowed to make any money on the side, no tips, no benefits, no nothing at all or else you are in trouble but we can benefit, tips, and all the money that you wind up bringing in. Pretty much using these guys and I do hope the system gets fixed and stop punishing these men. Its absurd and absolutely sick. I'm a huge college football fan, moreso than NFL but I just hate how they treat them and punish them like this and try to force them to not make any money based off of their name or anything.

But as far as BCS goes... Oregon is cruising through everyone. Stanford and the Pac12 championship are the only potential things that could slow them down. Although I'm not completely sold on Stanford yet they can always pose a threat and has every year. But then you also have Clemson that is doing surprisingly well although their big game is coming up against FSU. If they can overcome that and win the ACC championship then you have a problem cause now you have Clemson and Oregon. But if both go undefeated then you may have to give the edge to Clemson depending on how Georgia does since Clemson did top them. But then you have the overrated Buckeyes that don't have much of a resume at all. Louisville should finish their season undefeated because they have nothing on their schedule at all pretty much.

But Alabama controls their destiny. They have to survive LSU which has been proven to be beatable and Bama has looked more vulnerable this season than in the past couple seasons. Plus my Auburn Tigers are doing something this season. Then there is always the SEC championship. But if I were to put money on it... I'd go with Bama vs. Oregon and although huge SEC fan I think Oregon could take it to Bama.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
This is definitely upset Saturday. Stanford down, UGA, Michigan. Its craziness. This is the awesomeness of college football. Although this does leave the door wide open for Louisville and Ohio State. :(

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is definitely upset Saturday. Stanford down, UGA, Michigan. Its craziness. This is the awesomeness of college football. Although this does leave the door wide open for Louisville and Ohio State. :(

TEXAS!

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I knew I forgot a team but couldn't think of them. But that Texas game was a routing. Did not expect that at all.

Next Saturday... gonna be very interesting.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I knew I forgot a team but couldn't think of them. But that Texas game was a routing. Did not expect that at all.

Next Saturday... gonna be very interesting.

I didn't even watch the first quarter mainly because I didn't realize how early the game started but also because I was scared, but then I saw people talking about it on Twitter and all the OU fans mad so I had to start watching. It was great.

Also, ANGRY KANSAS STATE GIRL IS ANGRY

f7dd17c8b20cb631387d4c751f15c0f8.gif

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I watched that game cause I was thinking... it'll be over after the first and Oklahoma would dominate but then I saw Texas score and I was like wait hold up... what? And then they were just doin it and I was like... uh oh we got an upset brewin. And sure enough... Texas pulled it off.

And I'm with K-State girl. I'm mad :D

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
What's with Baylor being so legit this year? Don't think anyone saw that coming.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Baylor is something else... but today... another upset Saturday. UGA went down to Vandy, South Carolina went down to Tennessee.

Missouri is proving to be legit as well. This is just... this is why college football is awesome.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
for the first time in my life, I was a little bit happy when a player went down injured... and I felt pretty damn bad about it ...... then I watched Andrew Hendricks try to throw a ball and drop it mid throw.... and I realized that Karma is indeed REAL!!! and, that as bad as Tommy Rees is, there is someone who is worse..... but we still won...