NBC Affiliate Accidentally Posts Election Results A Week Early

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
"NBC affiliate WRCB TV in Chattanooga, Tennessee has inadvertently posted election night results. The results page appears to be similar to what mainstream news networks display on election night, including Presidential and Congressional results, the popular vote count, electoral votes, and percentage of precincts reporting.

The page, a screen shot of which has been sourced from internet archive site The Wayback Machine, is posted below and shows totals for the upcoming Presidential race. It announces Hillary Clinton as the winner.

As Jim Stone notes, the page was pulled directly from the WorldNow.com content management platform utilized by major networks like NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox and appears to be a non-public staging area for news and election results."

election-early-results2.jpg

source

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
not sure how this stuff works, but did she just win by 2%?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Weird. I entered that address in the wayback machine and it shows the graph, but all of the totals are zero for Nov 3. So I went to Nov 2 and they do indeed have those totals. Mighty weird.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Doesn't that graph just show the results of early voters? Or is it somehow counting full stop?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
not sure how this stuff works, but did she just win by 2%?

Not really. You don't win by popular vote, you win by electoral college. She did get 2% more votes in the popular vote but she won by a much higher percentage of the electoral college. 343 is 63% of the electoral college vote and that means Trump got 37%. So technically if this was correct, she won by 26% of the electoral college vote.

Edit: of course she hasn't won, I just meant she won in this fake scenario.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Doesn't that graph just show the results of early voters? Or is it somehow counting full stop?

No, they can't show early voting totals legally in most states... they can only tell you what parties voted. This seems to be a representation of where the polling is at, because I know several major websites have predicted her total to be 343. More than likely, they were just playing around with the web page... but who knows... really weird.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I am not as big on conspiracy theories as a lot of you are, but honestly, this one weirds me out a bit.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know what any of these numbers mean, I don't but I thought it was interesting so I wanted to share it.

For all we know someone at NBC did it as a hoax. Regardless, I don't support Hillary or Trump but I think it is painfully obvious who is winning and it isn't the orange.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
No, they can't show early voting totals legally in most states... they can only tell you what parties voted. This seems to be a representation of where the polling is at, because I know several major websites have predicted her total to be 343. More than likely, they were just playing around with the web page... but who knows... really weird.
Aaah, so it is a prediction then.

TBH I hope Clinton wins it. I know Trump supporters have gone hardcore on besmirching her during this final stretch. But out of the two she has to be the better candidate.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I would lean towards hoax, but I'm a pretty staunch skeptic so I almost always lean towards hoax. Next Tuesday, we should come back to this and see if the numbers match up though. If they do, I might change my perspective a bit.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Trump would ruin the country trying to fix it and Hillary is just going to keep on the course.

I know most people don't share my views but America is damned to collapse either way. Trump means it will happen faster where as Hillary would prolong the inevitable blow. America is deep in doggy doo doo and the only way it will bounce back from the debts, the criminals in government positions, and all the illegal offshore deals is if it completely implodes and is rebuilt. I believe history repeats itself. When in Rome...

:cry:

Reactions: Snowman1

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I would lean towards hoax, but I'm a pretty staunch skeptic so I almost always lean towards hoax. Next Tuesday, we should come back to this and see if the numbers match up though. If they do, I might change my perspective a bit.

If it wasn't a hoax though, they would make sure the numbers didn't match but if they do... I think a lot of people will be in utter shock.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know what any of these numbers mean, I don't but I thought it was interesting so I wanted to share it.

For all we know someone at NBC did it as a hoax. Regardless, I don't support Hillary or Trump but I think it is painfully obvious who is winning and it isn't the orange.

I wouldn't completely count him out. I try not to talk about politics too much here but we all know who I support. Maybe that's why I think he might have a shot... out of nervousness... I dunno. But mathematically, he has the same chance of winning the election as the Cubs did of winning the World Series as of last Sunday.