NBA Offseason Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
David Stern has no place at this negotiating table. None. I don't care if the league owns the Hornets. Work on solving that problem, not the Chris Paul problem. This is shameful.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Find it interesting that ESPN LA confirmed what I thought, Jerry took over the negotiating with Stern. He basically said I'm going to cut the bull shit, you can't make me play games like you do Jim and Mitch.

My whole thing is LA aside, I feel worse for Houston and New Orleans. Houston made a plan to get cap space, thought they had it and because of Stern they didn't have the money to give Marc a max offer sheet or pay Nene market value. New Orleans is just a mess. I mean sign some fuckign guys. You have 5 guys on contract outside of Paul, and they aren't accomplishing a damn thing in camp because they can't even run 5 on 5 scrimmages, Landry is twisting in the win with you owning his bird rights, and you fucked over West and the Celtics (I'm not a Boston sympathizer, but still you basically fucked the guys whole 3year deal up) by telling them wait to Oaul gets settled.

Stern needs to be bitch slapped for this, and the fact LP costs $169 which is the normal early bird price during a shortened season

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
tumblr_lw1jngcvp41qlmnoeo1_500.jpg

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The trade was just really totally fair to all parties for their purposes. N.O pretty much got to trade Paul who wants out and they got some pretty good players to build their team with for it to not be a rebuilding process, Houston did what they needed to get cap space all the while getting one of the more skilled big men in the league in Pau, and the Lakers got one of the best PG's in the league. Guess all Stern saw was looking at was L.A getting probably the best PG in the league and said no we can't have that not even really thinking about the other two teams. The team he is claiming he is trying to look out for is the one that is the most fucked over at the moment.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I bought the LP. :)

Lakers fans mad as hell, holy shit so much butthurt I love it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Why did you buy it, when they were supposedly sending out emails to fan access members with promo codes? I'll wait to see if they early bird it, but most likely will buy it since they reduced the 7 team package to 5.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Interesting twists. First we know Jerry is back. Now we know the NBAPA went though the CBA and found something they can use in a lawsuit

Source: Paul Moving Closer To Filing Lawsuit Against NBA

Chris Paul could file a lawsuit "in the next couple of days” charging the NBA, which owns and runs the Hornets, with collusion and violating the league’s collective bargaining agreement. The NBA’s labor deal has an anti-collusion clause that prohibits teams from conspiring with the league to influence contracts, signings or transactions.

If he proceeds, Paul would likely seek doubled monetary damages, along with injunctive relief, meaning he would ask the court to stop the collusion immediately and allow a trade to go through to the Lakers or Clippers.

Both those teams have seen their trade efforts in recent days blocked by the NBA, which is enduring a PR nightmare involving one of its marquee players. While Paul has been practicing with a skeletal team, consisting mainly of D-League caliber players, his representatives, lawyers and officials of the NBA Players Association met for several hours Monday to discuss taking the league to court in an effort to get him out of New Orleans.

Link: RealGM - Basketball News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Analysis, Depth Charts, Forums ... ixzz1gTtQ7

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Why did you buy it, when they were supposedly sending out emails to fan access members with promo codes? I'll wait to see if they early bird it, but most likely will buy it since they reduced the 7 team package to 5.

Fan-access? Or All-Access? I have an account on NBA.com.

Whatever if I get an e-mail I'll just cancel my subscription and get a refund.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah meant all access. ILP calls their membership fan access, my bad

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Glad the deal got done for multiple reasons

1- Hornets get to finally field a roster. I hope they start Jack, Gordon, Ariza, Okafor, and Kaman. Could be fun to watch. They should be the low seed you don't want to see in the playoffs.

2- I love it for Blake. He is my favorite young guy to watch. He should look great with CP3.

3- I love it for the Clippers. They now have an elite player entering his prime at PG, two seasoned vets at SG And SF in Billups and Caron, and two young gifted bigs in Blake and Jordan. Not sure aout their bench as I only know Bledsoe, Mo, and Gomes are there. They just need a backp big.

4 I love it for the Lakers because it gets the bull shit out of the way and gives their full attention to Dwight which fits with Ireland saying they pulled out the Paul talks after Jersey got rejected. If they are going to offer the farm, I hope they make them cough up Jameer.

5 Love it for Paul even tough I don't like him. No player should be toyed with like he was throughout this mess, and he gets his extension or option.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Oh didn't know the Paul to Clippers deal got done but actually glad for that and now I expect Blake to have a hell of a year simply with Paul feeding the hell out of him. Must have sucked to give up Gordon though. And doubt the Lakers get Dwight unless something changes again since Orlando took him off the market today.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Heat went NWO with their new uniforms lol
the_miami_heat_debut_their_new_darker_alternate_jerseys.png

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Oh didn't know the Paul to Clippers deal got done but actually glad for that and now I expect Blake to have a hell of a year simply with Paul feeding the hell out of him. Must have sucked to give up Gordon though. And doubt the Lakers get Dwight unless something changes again since Orlando took him off the market today.

Orlando took him off the market because LA wasn't coughing up Pau and Bynum like they wanted today according to Stein and Ireland. They damn sure aren't doing that and eating Turkoglu since you can't amnesty traded players. They don't want Brook and value Bynum more according to reports, and Dwight asked to be traded again after they took him off the market lol.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Jesus christ at the Howard thing again lol. Are the Rockets still trying to get Pau so they can get Marc too? And apparently I just read something that not sure if it's gonna mess with the deal or not but Gordan is saying he wouldn't resign with the Hornets.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Marc got his offer sheet matched by Memohis already. The idea of the Pau deal was that they created cap space to offer Marc max money and make it harder to match. When the deal fell through, they had limited space and the offer wasn't too high to be matched.

The other thing interesting about the Paul deal has just been said on NBA Tv. He won't sign an extension, just pick up his option for next year, so they got a year and a half trial run.

Another thing people might want to think about is Deron may be on the market now. He wanted Dwight or Nene to stay in Jersey, and he got neither after being promised talent to make noise. Now hey are talking about giving Hump 9 mil just to reach the cap floor.

As for Pau, who knows. I think he might be dealt, and likely will be after being shopped. To me it is just what they think they can get out of a team. They might wait Orlando out, or who knows may sell Jersey on him for Deron if he wants out after OT getting help since he has a longer term contract and international drawing appeal, which is where Prok made his cash

Last edited: