NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The double team part is what confused me the most since Jordan was doubled like crazy esp the notorious Jordan rules but I see what you mean now. Got to take into account they could hand check and the game was a lot rougher when Jordan played too.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They hand checked during the Kobe/Shaquille 3 peat as well so that stayed the same. They didn't ban it until 2005, so I know he can play through that contact. I just always wondered how he would do with no zones clogging up his lanes or the triple threat area. The shorter 3 point line always intrigues me as well because before his fingers he would go on streaks from out there that were crazy, like his 12 in a game. I just wonder what some of his 81, 62 thru 3 quarters, and so on games would look like when the shots were somewhat easier in ways of congestion and length. I mean the 3 which MJ shot poorly at for himself is considered a long 2 which Kobe still cashes in even with the current hands, so it is just one of those what ifs for me.

Interesting fact is that Kobe shot like 4 times the 3's of Jordan for their careers with a longer line and shot better, so it just makes me wonder. Slightly less intriguing is Kobe has played more games and minutes but trails MJ unfree throw and field goal attempts by gr gaps still which I guess you can chalk up to Shaquille, but that is why I laugh when people say he is a ball hog or chucker and try to cite their scoring.

Michael was the better player, but I do honestly believe Kobe is flat out the better natural scorer of the two on their hottest nights because of range. Listening to Tex and Phil describe the two in practices especially and games and how they felt the need to pull Kobe at times and not Michael, not because of low assists os selection, but how hot and long a streak he can or could sustain gets guys to spectating rather than playing only furthers that thought for me

Reid

Reaction score
have you guys seen the video of Wade and Lebron mocking Dirk flu? it's one thing if Dirk sucked and made it a excuse but he scored almost 3 times as much as Lebron and won the game. You should not be mocking anything he did if you lost.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I heard about it but didn't see it. What did they do exactly to mock him/

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Laughed at Skip saying Lebron is 26 looks 36 and acts like he is 16. That is pretty fucked up though and hopefully it makes Dirk even more motivated (not that he needed it)

Reid

Reaction score
especially when Dirk outplayed Lebron. you can not ever mock someone when you score 8 points.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Stevenson and Soulja Boy going to get to cut a track on getting a ring over LeBron LMAO

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Deshawn-vs-Lebron

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dallas is getting fucking jobbed by the refs. Dirk is being hit yet gets nothing, while Miami gets touch calls

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dirk can taste the ring so bad justs like Kobe last year in game 7, Michael versus Utah in game 6, and Duncan in the game 7 versus the Pistons. He is over excited over playing at his normal pace, but he keeps on coming and playing hard after every miss like it never happened. He isn't doubting his ability and honestly that is what makes a NBa great and champion, the will to ignore the misses and keep attacking

Ben

Reaction score
Dirk had a horrible first half, needs to settle down going into the second half. Really want to see Miami loose tonight.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Really would love to see Dallas close em out but don't see it happening.

Ben

Reaction score
If Dirk can get going and Terry stays hot, Dallas has a really good chance to pull away with a big lead.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Really would love to see Dallas close em out but don't see it happening.
Kobe, Tim, and MJ all shot bad in those games because they were playing a a frenetic pace unlike in the other games where they were already pretty much the clear cut Finals MVP's

He is very anxious right now, but the thing is he is still making himself a threat, still rotating on defense, and still competing.

People talk about 6/24 but Kobe had 15 Rebs, got the Artest assist, and scored 10 pints in that 4th quarter. We all know how MJ finished those Utah games in epic proportions. We all saw Duncan come up with the big time stops and make Detroti one and done when it was closing time.

I believe Dirk will do just the same because while he may be anxious now, he hasn't reverted to being timid or doubting his shot to cause the team to lack a rhythm. Him trusting in himself and the abilities that got him and Dallas this far will result in him being called a champion and the Bill Russel Finals MVP tonight. It is those who doubt themselves in the face of adversity or fear of the moment that don't show when it matters and Dirk isn't that guy, just like those greats weren't, no matter how ugly a shot chart, box score, ts%, or per they get as a result. It is what separates the guys who are about checking their stats, from those who are about winning and leading in the hottest of fires