NBA Off-Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

shutupchico

Reaction score
Re: NBA Regular Season Discussion Thread

C's just were too broke down to beat Miami I guess. I hate it but looks like the Heat are really gonna get to the finals as idk how much D.Rose can keep carrying the Bulls (as I expect them to win their series)

basically. too broken down, and a general manager who ruined the team, o, and a coach who played glen davis. i don't know if there are 2 more players in the league who'd be more helpful in this series than perk and ta. what a Blue pass by pierce at the end, almost threw the laptop.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Still got 1 more than Snaq and 2 more than Boston's big 3

bos_g_oneal_bryant_sy_576.jpg

Only good thing to come from the postseasons besides how hard Chicago and Memphis play tbh

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Historical Fact: For the first time since 1998, Kobe, Duncan, or Shaq won't be playing in the Finals

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Good we need a change for once.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Speak for yourself :p

The way the streak is redeemed is with Dallas getting there because of Kidd's b2b

If Wade, Dirk, and LeBron get there the Finals being open to only a select few stands as well since this would be all of their second trips.

SAL

Reaction score

Here's a stunner for those who read the WWE forums too....Psych doesn't want to see the creation of new stars!

Kairi

Reaction score

Arrest warrant issued for Derrick Rose’s older brother

BY MARK KONKOL Staff Reporter/mkonkol@suntimes.com May 13, 2011 02:14AM
22ShareReprintsE-MailPrintA Cook County judge has issued an arrest warrant for Allan Rose, whose brother is NBA MVP Derrick Rose.

The warrant was issued after Allan Rose, 26, did not appear in court on Tuesday — the same day the Bulls beat the Hawks to take a 3-2 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals. He was to be in court to face misdemeanor reckless conduct charges stemming from his arrest last month in the North Pullman neighborhood. Allan Rose attended the Bulls game at the United Center on Tuesday.

On April 2 at 12:49 a.m., police responded to a 911 call of a man with a gun at 901 E. 104th, where they found Allan Rose standing in the street, blocking traffic and yelling profanities, according to court records. Allan Rose was arrested and charged with reckless conduct.

It wasn’t Allan Rose’s first arrest. In 2002, Allan Rose was charged with two counts of manufacturing and delivering cocaine near a school or park. He pleaded guilty to felony drug charges and received two years of probation, which he successfully completed in May 2005, court records show.

Kairi

Reaction score

As reported by the sun Sentinel If you're 35 years or older for $12,500 you can be a basketball camper at the Fontainebleau Hotel with Wade. A court is being built in one of the ballrooms for the drills and games. You get to stay in one of the Junior Suites You will be priovided with D-Wade fantasy uniform and number of other things as part of the pkge. Limousine provided from the airport.

Fun and games for the rich and famous. Bballing under a chandelier with Wade and Coach Spoelstra.

For the rest of the world its a marketing money grab. Wasn't that $100 million contract not enough?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Here's a stunner for those who read the WWE forums too....Psych doesn't want to see the creation of new stars!
I just love the generations from the 90's and 00's

Kairi

Reaction score

anyone watching game 2 of bulls/heat?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

Couldn't see the Bulls going up 2-0 so the game pretty much went the way I figured it would.

Kairi

Reaction score

MIAMI— In the wake of a wild scene Sunday night outside of AmericanAirlines Arena, Charles Barkley has been granted Game 4 refuge from rabid Miami Heat fans.

With TNT's studio crew broadcasting outside the arena following the Heat's 96-85 victory over the Chicago Bulls in Game 3 of the NBA Eastern Conference finals, Barkley became the focus of intense jeering and other acts of derision in the wake of his recent criticism of the Heat.

Because of that, a source Monday told the Sun Sentinel that the TNT studio show will originate all of its programming from inside AmericanAirlines Arena for Tuesday's Game 4.

Having called the Heat a "whiny bunch" earlier in this best-of-seven series, which the Heat now lead 2-1, Barkley playfully responded to Sunday's chants at one point with a middle-finger salute from each raised hand.

A fan then threw what appeared to be a towel at the Hall of Fame forward while he was on the temporary set of TNT's popular studio program.

Monday, in the wake of an inquiry from the Sun Sentinel, Jeff Behnke, Turner Sports senior vice president and executive producer, released the following statement:

"We appreciate the tremendous enthusiasm of the fans and all that they bring to our live coverage. As we continue with our coverage of the Eastern Conference Finals, we are evaluating the best options for presenting our studio show live from Miami." The best option apparently was ducking for cover. The TNT set remained in place Monday by the west steps of AmericanAirlines Arena.

Barkley, speaking on WQAM Monday afternoon, appeared to welcome the confrontational approach.

"You know those people can yell and scream but they don't have the hair on their (butt) to grab me," he said. "They don't have enough hair on their (butts) to walk up to me man to man and say, 'Let's do this.'
twitcy.gif

"All that yelling and screaming just makes me laugh, man."

Barkley found Sunday's scene amusing.

"They were telling me I suck," he said. "They were telling me I never won a championship. Like, 'Come on, give me something better than that, dude.'

"I always laugh at that statement, 'You didn't get a ring. 'I'm like, dude, you work at McDonald's. My life's a lot better than yours. You relax.' "
dead.gif

Barkley said the rough moments were more the exception than the rule.

"Most of the fans are cool," he said. "There's always going to be a couple of idiots. People think if you don't pick their team to win, you don't like them.

"I picked Chicago to win the series, and the Miami fans are bent out of shape. But they'll get over it. I don't take it personally.

"We go through this every couple of years when we travel. If you don't pick somebody's team, their fans become idiots. But you don't take that personally. As long as they're watching the show, that's all that I care about."

Among those watching were the Heat's Dwyane Wade and LeBron James.

Wade, who shares promotional ventures with Barkley, also has been a Barkley target this season. He said he got a kick out of Sunday's fallout.

"Charles got a little frustrated, and good for them," Wade said of Sunday's crowd.

James said what works for college football doesn't necessarily translate to the NBA.

"The College Game Day crew, they're used to that stuff," he said of the ESPN program. "I guess those guys aren't used to it."

Barkley, along with host Ernie Johnson and fellow analysts Kenny Smith and Kevin McHale, broadcast the studio show at Sunday's halftime from a perch above one of the tunnels inside AmericanAirlines Arena during Game 3, before then taking the coverage outside for the postgame show.

The Turner studio broadcasts all were handled inside the United Center for Game 1 and Game 2 of this series in Chicago.

Sunday nonetheless turned into a winning night for TNT, with Game 3 the second-highest rated NBA game ever broadcast on cable, topped only by Game 1 of this series.

According to the release from Turner, 10.9 million viewers watched Sunday's game. Game 1 drew an audience of 1.1 million viewers.

Miami was the top-ranked market in terms of viewership, with Chicago second and West Palm Beach third.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->