NBA Draft 2020

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Shole

Reaction score
Anyone watching the draft?
First round is about to end and it went crazy, I predicted only the first 3 picks and the rest was like random:

First Round

1. Timberwolves draft Anthony Edwards

2. Warriors draft James Wiseman

3. Hornets draft LaMelo Ball

4. Bulls draft Patrick Williams

5. Cavaliers draft Isaac Okoro

6. Hawks draft Onyeka Okongwu

7. Pistons draft Killian Hayes

8. Knicks draft Obi Toppin

9. Wizards draft Deni Avdija

10. Suns draft Jalen Smith

11. Spurs draft Devin Vassell

12. Kings draft Tyrese Haliburton

13. Pelicans draft Kira Lewis

14. Celtics draft Aaron Nesmith

15. Magic draft Cole Anthony

16. Trail Blazers draft Isaiah Stewart >> reportedly traded to the Pistons, after first being dealt to the Rockets

17. Timberwolves draft Aleksej Pokusevski >> reportedly traded to the Thunder

18. Mavericks draft Josh Green

19. Nets draft Saddiq Bey >> reportedly traded to the Pistons, after first being dealt to the Clippers

20. Miami Heat (On the clock)

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Aaron Nesmith = Vandy alum. It sucks seeing him go to the Celtics. He's a deadly three point shooter though.

It's interesting seeing Golden State go with a center and Wiseman. That made me think that some major trade with him and Wiggins was about to happen, but maybe that's not the situation at all. Their plans going forward are really unknown, especially since Klay is going to miss at least another season since he just tore his Achilles. Are they in win now mode next season? Steph/Oubre/Wiggins/Draymond/Wisemann.

Shole

Reaction score
Aaron Nesmith = Vandy alum. It sucks seeing him go to the Celtics. He's a deadly three point shooter though.

It's interesting seeing Golden State go with a center and Wiseman. That made me think that some major trade with him and Wiggins was about to happen, but maybe that's not the situation at all. Their plans going forward are really unknown, especially since Klay is going to miss at least another season since he just tore his Achilles. Are they in win now mode next season? Steph/Oubre/Wiggins/Draymond/Wisemann.
Yes siiiir, if he was with the GS it would be the perfect fit, but honestly, this draft was weird, really weird, some people got drafted randomly, way too high, many centers were drafted so we might see a change in game plans in the nba again.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Yes siiiir, if he was with the GS it would be the perfect fit, but honestly, this draft was weird, really weird, some people got drafted randomly, way too high, many centers were drafted so we might see a change in game plans in the nba again.

Maybe if all those centers can shoot the three... Otherwise nah. It's all about three pointers and high scoring games now. Most big men in the NBA aren't up for that.

Shole

Reaction score
Maybe if all those centers can shoot the three... Otherwise nah. It's all about three pointers and high scoring games now. Most big men in the NBA aren't up for that.
You would think that but there will be a cretain lack of centers, like the rockets made and a center will be a big help like Bam and Jokic, it's all about diversifying each role nowadays, the more you can do(actually this was always the case but now coaches don't force specific positional traits in practice like post game for centers and passing for point guards) the better you are.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
You would think that but there will be a cretain lack of centers, like the rockets made and a center will be a big help like Bam and Jokic, it's all about diversifying each role nowadays, the more you can do(actually this was always the case but now coaches don't force specific positional traits in practice like post game for centers and passing for point guards) the better you are.

We need more unicorns like Porzingis. Seven footers that can do it all.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
LaMelo Ball, from what I have seen with my VERY limited Basketball knowledge, is talented. I'd consider him a great pick but A: MJ is a terrible executive, and B: His dad is the final form of the over-bearing father. It is bad enough in minor sports, but having that loudmouth of a dad at that level, oh boy I would not draft him for that reason. Oh, and I still have some trauma leftover from that awful Miz TV segment a few years ago.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
LaMelo Ball, from what I have seen with my VERY limited Basketball knowledge, is talented. I'd consider him a great pick but A: MJ is a terrible executive, and B: His dad is the final form of the over-bearing father. It is bad enough in minor sports, but having that loudmouth of a dad at that level, oh boy I would not draft him for that reason. Oh, and I still have some trauma leftover from that awful Miz TV segment a few years ago.

Yeah, I'd stay far away from the Ball brothers, whether it's Lonzo or LaMelo. I'd rather not deal with their dad. That got really bad when Lonzo was with the Lakers. Lavar would be speaking out against Lonzo's coach to the media... It's just a bad look. Talented guards are a dime a dozen for that matter, so I'd probably stay away from them for that reason as well.

Shole

Reaction score

Yeah, I'd stay far away from the Ball brothers, whether it's Lonzo or LaMelo. I'd rather not deal with their dad. That got really bad when Lonzo was with the Lakers. Lavar would be speaking out against Lonzo's coach to the media... It's just a bad look. Talented guards are a dime a dozen for that matter, so I'd probably stay away from them for that reason as well.

Yeah saying their dad is not easy to deal with is kinda bad, you have so many more people that are worse behind the scenes, Lavar is just loud, nothing to it. He is trying his best to promote his sons and he does it so right since so many kids follow them, so he is making money anyway.

The thing is both Lonzo and Lamelo are good players with nice talent. MJ is indeed terrible, but hopefully, he can change that with this draft.
As far as the talent goes, we will have to wait and see, Lonzo showed he is a great defender and passer, and helps out a team, not sure if he will be a star, but we will see, and Lamelo is an offensive powerhouse, with some international experience that might help him adjust easier to the NBA.