NBA Discussions 2020-21

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Lakers beat the Pelicans which boosted them to 11-3

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
We haven't even talked about James Harden being traded to the Nets... Kyrie/Harden/KD. Now that's a big three.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Kyrie is finally back from his bizarre 7 game absence. Always something odd going on with him.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
AD strained his Achilles today, making the regular season for the Western Conference much more interesting. It looked like the Lakers would easily run away with the #1 seed, but it feels like AD is going to be gone for an extended period of time. MRI tomorrow. Hoping for the best. Really sucks because the Lakers have been on such a roll.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Had a crazy NBA trade deadline today. Orlando went all in on the rebuild, trading away their three best (healthy anyways) players.

They got rid of Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon and Evan Fournier. Pulled in a couple of young prospects and a few draft picks.

Houston also sent Oladipo to Miami for basically nothing.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Who would have thought that the Suns would be second in the West with over 40 wins? Ahead of the Lakers, Clips, Mavs, Nuggets, etc. Crazy. CP3 is really polishing his HOF resume, despite his playoff history.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Things have gotten interesting for the Lakers. Fell all the way down to a tie for the 7th seed, which would be locking them up in the play in tournament. LeBron finally came back from his ankle injury after missing 20 games. He played one full game with no restrictions, which I thought was really odd. Then he played a second game, and left in the 4th quarter due to ankle soreness. Then missed the game tonight. Doesn't look good for LeBron.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Can the Magic ever just set up a super team win 1 ring and then disband it like the Marlins did in Baseball? I'm tired of this. I'm like Damian Lillard in that State farm commercial. I want a ring

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score

Have you guys heard about this Kwame Brown situation? He has completely destroyed sports media the past week or so. I remember him being an absolute meme after the Lakers trade (I watched the NBA as a kid, Nash fan) so this redemption arc is unexpected. It goes deeper than him dabbing on Matt Barnes; former Wizards teammates have come out and talked about the very, very strange behavior of the Wizards staff. They would make Kwame practice until he was drenched in sweat 45 minutes before a game. Michael Jordan punted a basketball down the street in front of a crowd and made Kwame run down the street to chase it, and if he wasn't quick enough he'd miss the team bus. He dominated every other big man in his draft class during workouts, guy was just mind raped out of developing his skills. It's honestly changed my perspective on Jordan as a man, for such a great player he was often a petty asshole with no heart. The Republicans buy shoes line always stuck with me as kinda based, but looking back on it it's just a man with zero morality craving money, or to be the best at the cost of his soul.

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
I'm only 25, so I can't actually remember when MJ was the shit, but I've always had a negative opinion of him. Can you remember his HOF induction speech? Dude was just egotistical. I'm surprised he isn't one of those people talking in the third person. :p

Watching that video, that Kwame story sounds awful. It's crazy that MJ would do that, especially since he was old and washed up with the Wiz. I don't remember much about Kwame either. I just remember Stephen A. Smith trashing him on First Take when he played for the Lakers. He was in the conversation as one of the biggest draft busts of all time. Fortunately, guys like Anthony Bennett have come along since then.

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I'm only 25, so I can't actually remember when MJ was the shit, but I've always had a negative opinion of him. Can you remember his HOF induction speech? Dude was just egotistical. I'm surprised he isn't one of those people talking in the third person. :p
I'm not even 25. I gave Jordan a historical pass for being an asshole in the 90s, because the league was made up of men. He was playing with 42 year old Robert Parish in the 90s, who was already a 5 year vet in 1981. It's easier for a Ron Harper or a Steve Kerr to take the verbal punishment because they're grown men. Kwame was 18 years old, and the first high school player drafted first overall. It's hard to believe MJ could be so petty as to blame his inability to drag the team to the 8th seed on an 18 year old kid. Even the coach/stooge Doug Collins, life is short - why run interference for MJs ego 24/7, you're a coach, do the right thing, help the kid out.

Reactions: Cam!

Cam!

Wowza
Reaction score
Suns up 3-2 on Lakers. Mavs up 3-2 on Clippers. Crazy that we might see both LA teams knocked out in the first round. They're supposed to be 2 of the 3 best teams in the league.

Reactions: Zany Clowny