NBA being star driven good or bad?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KANNIBAL

Reaction score
Gabriela Barros Maxim Mag

I like the first pic the most, the rest are bonus ones ..
But still good to look at.
Good Quality scans, credit goes to original scanner

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So watching 1st and 10 talk about how for some reason more than any other sport the NBA is so star driven to the point where fans wouldn't accept a NBA playoffs without Boston, Miami or L.A being there. Do you agree that this is the way it should be or not?

I mean I understand it but having a shake up every now and again is not bad to me at all. Would be refreshing to see L.A not in the finals and maybe if a team like OKC or Memphis got a shot.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Memphis in the Finals? Nah. What's the point? Stern WONT allow them to win.

Only Miami, LA and Chicago can be champions.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
To be frank it is necessary.

The NBA was built on the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Sixers, Knicks, Texas Triangle, and you can add the two Florida teams to it since Orlando was brought in as an expansion team and the Zo/Hardaway Heat became famous. The majority of those teams have won all the rings and/or been in the most finals because their fanbases both away and home support them financially, their front offices make moves to better them, and at the end of the day the people have grown to be conditioned to watch them and expect them to be respectable.

The NBA is the one sport where the fans are actually right there sitting on the action. They can reach out and touch the fans and the fans can touch them on the sideline. There are no helmets to hide their faces. There are no over sized rosters like in football and basketball.

No matter how you slice it you can always define the eras of the NBA by its players and its dynasties.

Mikan
West/Baylor/Goodrich/Wilt/Russell/Cousy
Magic/Bird/Kareem/Mchale/Dr.J
MJ/Hakeem
Kobe/Shaq/Duncan/Iverson/Garnett/Kidd
Wade/LeBron

If the NBA wasn't how it is now, it would not be bigger than the NFL, NHL, and MLB globally like it is, nor would it be the second biggest sport domestically.

Reid

Reaction score
if you look at the NBA, it's been mostly 5 or 6 teams at any one time that mattered. and their stars are sorta predetermined in a way because you have guys who are covered a ton in the draft and get more exposure than other players other teams who aren't as high profile and may be better.

I know it's like that in the NFL too, but you also have people who came out of nowhere like Tom Brady and now Peyton Hillis.