Name matches destroyed by WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Name matches destroyed by WWE and why.

I start off with The MITB match. It doesn't have that spark or awe at its own PPV like it would at at a WrestleMania which it used to be at.

Plus it was WM they had to give us a better show

What are choices on matches destroyed by wwe?

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hell in a cell. I think we all know why, but hell in a cell use to conclude insane ass stories and have depth. Now it seems pointless and it’s like they throw superstars into shit for no reason.

I will give them credit with drew and Randy though. At least their at the conclusion of their feud and having Orton and drew fight in this kind of match makes sense.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Extreme Rules matches definitely lost it's luster.

Its due to them not using a vast variety of weapons and most like likely the ppv ruined it too

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I honestly think Hell in a Cell is completely done, but I can't think of the other ones really hurt. Extreme Rules is fine, since it was just a no-DQ.
TLC you can bring back as a spotfest, MITB is fine as its own show

Crash

Reaction score
Regular matches in general, too many headlocks and chain holds.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Hell In A Cell died the second it ended in a fucking DQ.

That still annoys me even to this day. That match used to be exciteing, now its a joke.

The absolute dumbist decision WWE possibly ever made, and they have made some dumb AF decisions.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Absolutely agreed. That was beyond stupid.
What makes it even worse is they had a chance to call an audible, the fans chanted RESTART MATCH for so long, they had PLENTY of time, but thos eidiots didnt take advantedge of it. WHich made it even worse.

And speaking of making it worse, they didnt even turn seth heel afterwards to take advantedge of the heat he had.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
What makes it even worse is they had a chance to call an audible, the fans chanted RESTART MATCH for so long, they had PLENTY of time, but thos eidiots didnt take advantedge of it. WHich made it even worse.

And speaking of making it worse, they didnt even turn seth heel afterwards to take advantedge of the heat he had.
Agreed again. Nothing good came out of that match.

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I remember when we had masters in matches. Like

Hardyz, Dudley, and Edge & Cristian were TLC match masters.

Undertaker was a Hell in a Cell master

Foley was a Hardcore Legend

We don't have those no more and it kinda sucks

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
I believe part of why the Hell in a Cell isn't as good as it used to be is because they changed the cage to a much bigger one, the old cell was smaller and better IMO.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Inferno matches. When Pro Wrestling Illustrated covered Inferno in World Wrestling Council, which featured Carlos Colon, the matches were violent, bloody, brutal. When I was a kid, I really did think someone was legitmately going to get burned in those matches. When WWE did Inferno matches featuring Kane, all it was special effects of huge fireballs and Kane getting his protective glove caught on fire by his opponents Triple H and Undertaker. That's weak.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Inferno matches. When Pro Wrestling Illustrated covered Inferno in World Wrestling Council, which featured Carlos Colon, the matches were violent, bloody, brutal. When I was a kid, I really did think someone was legitmately going to get burned in those matches. When WWE did Inferno matches featuring Kane, all it was special effects of huge fireballs and Kane getting his protective glove caught on fire by his opponents Triple H and Undertaker. That's weak.
I tip my hat to you my friend.

They had those matches all willy nilly on Smackdown and Raw in The Attitude Era after the first one between Kane and Taker.

Then had another one in the 00s the bland like pistachio ice cream between MVP and Kane

Now it's out like an old light bulb because WWE is pg

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I don't know much about wrestling outside of WWE (and can't quite say I know a ton inside it) so I would've never thought of the Inferno match, but I'll take Geese's word for it. Doesn't surprise me to here that there existed actually good inferno matches.

But in terms of just from WWE's history, Hell in a Cell is the only match I think they've actually destroyed but that's in large part because it's the only one that really meant something before. Like, I guess the Rumble being pimped out for Saudi "hurt" it, but it's not like that match can actually be damaged to the point where it isn't one of the, if not the, most anticipated matches of the year come Road to WrestleMania time. I suppose matches like Last Man Standing or even Iron-man bouts still have equity to them that could be beaten out with over-saturation or being overly gimmickized, but neither of those hold the same weight as Hell in a Cell, but none of the others. Maybe the Chamber? But I don't know, I think it's multiple combatants and history rooted in six way title matches just kind of made it a natural fit on the Road to WrestleMania, is was kind of always more about the Championships than the feuds, whereas HIAC often existed without any titles on the line.