Nakamura, what's next?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nakamura started the year with a bang. Winning the Royal Rumble, Nakamura was red hot and was set to challenge AJ Styles at Wrestlemania for the WWE championship. A match that was built up as a dream match by not just WWE but the fans themselves. What we got was a decent match. But what was more interesting then the match itself then, was Nakamura's heel turn.

Since then Nakamura has done loads of nut shots, pretending not to be bilingual and forgetting his pen. Sounds Like me in high school. I appreciate the narrative they have told in this feud, but they have done a terrible job at telling the story to the wide audience.

Halfway through the year, Nakamura has failed to win the championship. Not just once, not just twice, but 3 times a loser. Nakamura may just be the worst Royal Rumble winner ever. He may just be the only Rumble winner not to win a world title (asides of inaugural house show winner, Jim Duggan). I maybe getting carried away here. Nakamura's WWE career isn't over. It all depends on how he handles this loss.

So, What's next for Nakamura? What does he need to do to stay on track to cement his legendary status in North America?

... I don't know, I can't speak the Engwish

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I believe he's had 6 World title shots...and failed every time...

What's next is he leaves the company because he's damaged
goods & clearly the WWE are never putting their top title on a
Japanese man.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nakamura has had 6 ppv matches this year. He has won 3, lost 2 and drawn once. I don't think he is damaged goods cuz he lost to AJ Styles. It's AJ Styles ffs. Losing to AJ is not something to ruin someone.

Reaction score
I thought he should have won the title at WrestleMania. Seeing as that obviously didn't happen I lost some interest in him but he's still one of the most entertaining things the WWE has to offer and I look for him to win the U.S. title by SummerSlam.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Leave and go back to NJPW and beat Omega for the IWGP Belt.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Nakamura has had 6 ppv matches this year. He has won 3, lost 2 and drawn once. I don't think he is damaged goods cuz he lost to AJ Styles. It's AJ Styles ffs. Losing to AJ is not something to ruin someone.
Exactly, yes he's lost a lot, but he's lost to the top guy. It's like if you have Connor McGregor and Nate Diaz fight, and Connor wins three times in a row. Diaz doesn't suddenly suck at fighting, he lost against the best, everyone loses against him. People in general are way too trigger happy with claiming something like someone is being "buried" or someone is "damaged goods". We do nothing but complain about 50/50 booking, but if there's any consistentcy then it's nothing but complaining, it's ridiculous

bren_b85

Jobber
Reaction score
Feud with Jeff Hardy for the U.S. title through the summer, including a match at SummerSlam. Have a run with the U.S. title for a bit.

Feud with the New Day. Some 6 man tags. Some US title defenses against Big E and/or Kofi

Feud with Randy Orton

Be on Team Smackdown at Survivor Series

Be in the Royal Rumble, but not win

Feud with Chris Jericho, leading to a match at WrestleMania.

Move to Raw in the next Superstar Shakeup

Yeah...I think he'll be all set

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Give him the US title to Mania or something