Mysterious Interstellar Object to Be Tested for Signs it Was Made by Aliens

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
This week, scientists are preparing to study a mysterious cigar-shaped object, the first known interstellar object to pass through our solar system.

Scientists will listen to the object for radio transmissions for the first time using the Green Bank telescope, the world's largest fully steerable radio telescope, in West Virginia on December 13.

"It was the first object discovered from interstellar space. It looks like its brightness changes by a factor of 10 as it rotates and reflects sunlight, and that implies that it is wide, and so it is a very elongated object that we have never seen before in the solar system. This very first object coming from interstellar space appears to have formed under very unusual circumstances," Loeb explained.

full article - Mysterious Interstellar Object to Be Tested for Signs it Was Made by Aliens

:emoji_alien: :alien2::emoji_alien:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
200.gif

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not the first and won't be the last thing we encounter.

To think this planet is the only one special enough to host life is absurd to me. There has to be trillions upon trillions of planets out there. Atleast one has to be able to support some form of intelligent life.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
There has to be trillions upon trillions of planets out there. Atleast one has to be able to support some form of intelligent life.

Well, that definitely isn't Earth.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They've shown that it has the ability to successfully have contained water if there was water on it, but not that it may actually have water. Since this is an asteroid, it's highly unlikely. With no atmosphere to keep the water from evaporating and going out into space, water likely never formed on it. But since it has a carbon surface, if there was water inside it, the carbon could conceivably hold the water in it and keep it from just evaporating into space.

It's interesting, but doubtful. (lord I have lost my sense of whimsy)

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I feel like anything worth knowing about in terms of life on other planets, they would just hide it from us. I think if people learned some kind of other-earth begins were heading for earth they would panic and it would cause a worldwide melt down.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I feel like anything worth knowing about in terms of life on other planets, they would just hide it from us. I think if people learned some kind of other-earth begins were heading for earth they would panic and it would cause a worldwide melt down.

That is why they are easing us into the idea. :madcat:

Also, Humans Would Be Cool with Finding Aliens

:dale:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

You're probably right if we learned that extraterrestrials were coming to Earth that people would react this way. But more than likely, if we were able to discover intelligent life existed on others planets, they wouldn't be coming for us. They'll have just as much difficulty with interstellar travel as we do.

That is unless they were able to solve the dark energy fuel problem and were able to develop an Alcubierre drive that also has a stopping method and then they could come and visit us. My thoughts however are that if an alien civilization was able to develop a working drive that could actually successfully facilitate interstellar travel, they would have to have put aside aggressive and warlike ways on their own planet in order to work together to achieve such a monumental scientific achievement. My thought would be that they would be more peaceful than aggressive.

And yes, I know Stephen Hawking claimed that if Aliens came to Earth that they would likely want to colonize and take our resources but I honestly think he started losing his mind at about the time he made his first appearance on the Big Bang Theory.

Reactions: Solid Snake