• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

My top 10 most overrated wrestlers

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Almost nearly as edgy as thinking Roman Reigns is the best wrestler out there... oh... I am sorry... I forgot you liked him....
Preach my bro preach

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You said butt. Mmmmm
Yes I did.

3 times...

Lela-Star.gif

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Edge is exactly what guys like Austin and cena needed to stay big: a great, brash, confident, charismatic, heel. Edge wasn’t always the best at all times, but when he was in his hay day as champion numerous times, there’s very people in history that could take a more “normal” feud and escalate it. Edge could do that. You couple that with his very consistent 4 star matches and fun to hate character, well, you have a big star on your hands.

Is he as big as Austin or Cena? In my opinion, I do think edge was bigger than Cena, but not Austin.
[automerge]1566650113[/automerge]
“9. Triple h. Triple h is a guy who’s popularity was never quite on the same level as Austin or rock. Now triple h was really great from 1999-2001. Before that quad injury. After the injury hhh was never the same, but my problem with him is it doesn’t seem to matter that he’s had many lackluster matches over the years they still hype him up as an all time great when he’s not, he’s been an average wrestler since that injury, he only had 3 good years. Not enough.”

Triple H’ s best feud started with Shawn michaels after 2001. Shawn didn’t carry him at all, rather they both complimented each other. Triple h had awesome feuds and matches after 2001. He did this with Shawn, Orton, Batista, Punk, Cena, Brock, the Shield, and DB. The point is that triple h was def awesome after 2001 and even though, as I’ve stated before, he was somewhat handed things at first, to say he’s overrated and didn't deserve his spot is absurd. He’s easily one of the best of all time, period. In the ring, awesome wrestler. On the mic, makes everything more believable and edgy. Charismatic, always keep things top notch and aggressive, makes it real.

Dude is not overrated. He was handed a small gem at first made it into a giant one.
[automerge]1566657269[/automerge]
Here’s my top 5 of all time, complete packages:

Flair
Austin
Punk
Edge
Triple H

There’s no specific order, just if I really had to narrow it down, these 5 are not overrated and are truly a complete package deal. Can and proved they could do it all time and time again.

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Name another active wrestler who headlined 4 consecutive Wrestlemania's. :bige:
Lol that’s called Vince’s ego. That in no way proves he’s the best. They were trying to make him what he wasn’t, period.
[automerge]1566660690[/automerge]
Name another active wrestler who headlined 4 consecutive Wrestlemania's. :bige:
Using your logic, Cena blows him out of the water, because who’s won 16 world championships besides flair? Roman doesn’t come close, so therefore, he must suck...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Name another active wrestler who headlined 4 consecutive Wrestlemania's.
...who was wildly booed by most in attendance & had
the audience chanting for other wrestlers & playing with
beach balls during his 4th main event...not to mention
had the crowd leaving early at Backlash 2018.

Yeah...that's something to be proud of.

The only thing sadder than Roman Reigns is those who
won't admit he has been a complete failure in the role he
was foolishly miscast in.

The only thing he's good for now is being the second to last
man in a Royal Rumble...or having other performers beat the
shit out of him to get over.

I feel sorry for the guy...because his career was basically
ruined by his own booking...& its a shame because he can
work a solid to great match with the right opponent...

He just has the personality & charisma of wet tea towel.

Reactions: edge4ever

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Lol that’s called Vince’s ego. That in no way proves he’s the best. They were trying to make him what he wasn’t, period.
[automerge]1566660690[/automerge]

Using your logic, Cena blows him out of the water, because who’s won 16 world championships besides flair? Roman doesn’t come close, so therefore, he must suck...

Current era, Reigns is John Cena. He is Ric Flair. When u look at Reigns as just the performer and not the creation of Vince McMahon, u realize why he is positioned where he is. A true locker room leader (which I feel The Undertaker passed that torch to Roman). Hes got a consistent work rate. Hardly ever has a bad match. Knows how to tell a good story in the ring with just his power, facial reaction, and body language. He truly is a world class wrestler and people only trash him because Vince is comfortable in investing in him because hes really one of the most marketable guys and he has paid his dues and proven he is a commodity.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Current era, Reigns is John Cena. He is Ric Flair. When u look at Reigns as just the performer and not the creation of Vince McMahon, u realize why he is positioned where he is. A true locker room leader (which I feel The Undertaker passed that torch to Roman). Hes got a consistent work rate. Hardly ever has a bad match. Knows how to tell a good story in the ring with just his power, facial reaction, and body language. He truly is a world class wrestler and people only trash him because Vince is comfortable in investing in him because hes really one of the most marketable guys and he has paid his dues and proven he is a commodity.
And you are clearly delusional and on drugs

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Clearly u dont understand business. Who has been top guy for the last few years, which have been some of WWE's most profitable years in the history? Reigns is good and easy marketing.
I understand how the business works, but just because Vince forces something down your throat, doesn’t mean reigns is the best overall wrestler or on austin or cenas level. What that means is Vince’s ego is larger than life and he’s making money in spite of himself. Reigns didn’t come close to the money Cena pulled in, that’s a fact. Vince made good public stock decisions and got in with the right markets and companies, that had 0 to do with Reigns being amazing and pulling shit loads of money.

If anything, Brock did more than reigns in the last few years in terms of money and company direction. It’s like what punk said, “Vince will make money in spite of himself.” Reigns is simply Vince’s ego at work and wants to force him to work. It has failed for the last few years with reigns pulling some okay ratings here and there, mainly because of who he may be facing, not him alone.

Reigns is good, not great. He never will be great unless he majorly changed and becomes something he’s not: the complete package.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Current era, Reigns is John Cena. He is Ric Flair.
Comparing Roman Reigns to Ric Flair is like comparing an Ass Crack or Paper Cut to the San Andreas Fault or Grand Canyon

Clearly u dont understand business. Who has been top guy for the last few years, which have been some of WWE's most profitable years in the history? Reigns is good and easy marketing.
The only real reason why Roman Reigns is cheered now is because of his leukemia that took him out of action for a while

You act like all the main event matches he won he actually won by himself.

Those were matches he was booked/scripted to win

You're going to have to face it. Most of Roman's career has been handed to him on a Silver Platter.

Last edited:
Reactions: edge4ever

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Comparing Roman Reigns to Ric Flair is like comparing an Ass Crack or Paper Cut to the San Andreas Fault or Grand Canyon

The only real reason why Roman Reigns is cheered now is because of his leukemia that took him out of action for a while

You act like all the main event matches he won he actually won by himself.

Those were matches he was booked/scripted to win

You're going to have to face it. Most of Roman's career has been handed to him on a Silver Platter.

Your missing the point. Roman Reigns is the most marketable guy on the roster. Of course hes gonna get the push because WWE knows that they can hand the ball to him and he can be trusted.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
1. Hulk Hogan
2. Ultimate Warrior
3. Bill Goldberg
4. El Gigante
5. Andre The Giant
6. Mabel
7. The Great Khali
8. Mabel