My Thoughts on ROH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I just got done watching Man Up, and this isn't the first ROH PPV I watched, I saw Driven, and I watch a lot of ROH/NOAH matches on the internet, and I'm usually impressed. Now I saw Driven and I thought it was one of the best wrestling PPV's I ever saw, and I started paying a little more attention to ROH.

But after watching a full ROH PPV (Man Up) all the way through without breaks, I think its a bit over rated. Heres how a stereo typical ROH match goes wrist lock, to chop, to elbow strikes, to submission, to finisher. It gets a bit boring. Its like ROH is a wrestling promotion thats trying to make people believe wrestling is real.

However Man Up had one match that saved the entire PPV, and it was the Briscoes vs El Genrico and Keven Steen. This is going to be a match of the year candidate, as well as one of the best Ladder Matches I have ever seen (besides the botched finish).

Now through and through I still see ROH as an over rated promotion, and I get the feeling people like it more because its not WWE. People will like anything that isn't mainstream. I do like ROH, but to me its third on my list behind WWE and TNA. Maybe, I caught some of the ROH wrestlers on bad nights because I thought Chris Hero and Nigel McGuiness both sucked. Nigel just did clotheslines, and Hero really didn't do anything good. I have also seen a lot better from Tekesha Morishima as well, I thought his match was a little bit boring too, so I'm not hating on ROH, it just seems a bit over rated by die hard ROH fans.

PeepShow

Where'd you get Man Up? I want that so freakin Bad. Ill rep you loads...lol

After I see that PPV, Ill comment

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I got it on Pay Per View. I have Comcast, so if you have that check out your PPV listings. Or you can probably find it on Dailymotion.

PeepShow

No, damn it. I have DirecTV. And no, it's not on DM yet.

Rell

Reaction score
ROH sucks tbh...:shifty:

PeepShow

What a Rellout. He's just showing his ROHness colors again. :shifty:

Montana

You say its over rated, so how would you rate it?

I think ROH work rate stands out much farther than wwe/tna. This company lost 4 of its biggest stars mid year, and recovered almost flawlessly. Debuted on ppv, rather sucessful, and branched out to new markets in 07. You can pick any ROH show this year, and put it against any wwe/tna ppv.

Also another thing i really like about ROH is the live events. I went to wm 23, and even a small ROH show blew it out of the water.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I would rate it a B-, to WWE A- and TNA B.

The reason is, WWE's matches are fake, and dont try to be a real wrestling match. ROH tries to make you believe its real. =I feel if you want to watch something that makes you think is real, watch UFC. ROH is UFC but fake. Now I'm not hating on ROH, I like ROH there matches just get repetitive.

Rell

Reaction score
I dont think ROH tries to make wrestling seem real, that doesnt really make sense. There wouldnt be characters like Delirious (Has a lizards face) if that was the case. Most guys in Ring Of Honor wrestle the Puro style which is more dangerous, and hard hitting. So all in all, the wrestling is better. I really dont understand where your getting this from to be honest.

I also would like to point out the fact that the PPV's are only 2 hours so they are more wrestling oriented. If you watch a DVD, its almost like your watching a different product. Thats just my take on it.

tbh, It seems like your downgrading ROH for the fact that the in-ring product is good...lol, I dont get it.

Montana

not to argue, but your statements do kinda contradict themselves.

Saying how ROH matches are predictable/repetitve, but in reality wwe/tna are a lot more predictable. In those two, you know when its going to be a 3 count. ROH does some kickouts when you think its 3, which i like.

You say Driven was one of the best wrestling ppv's you've ever seen, and Man Up had one of the greatest ladder matches, but its still under rated?

I also agree about the dvds. The dvd has more of the full show feel to it.

PeepShow

I just found out something quite funny to me. Im sure you will all laugh and think Im a dumbass for not knowing this, but ROH's PPV's are taped like 4 months in advance? ROFL. Talk about a delayed appearence. What is the purpose of this? I mean seriously, we hear talk about TNA's taping weekly, but I had no idea tthat ROH's PPVs were taped.

Rell

Reaction score
I just found out something quite funny to me. Im sure you will all laugh and think Im a dumbass for not knowing this, but ROH's PPV's are taped like 4 months in advance? ROFL. Talk about a delayed appearence. What is the purpose of this? I mean seriously, we hear talk about TNA's taping weekly, but I had no idea tthat ROH's PPVs were taped.

Yeah, I also find that to be a little Blue. I'm sure its something that will be changed in the future once ROH actually establishes itself, but until than, thats just how it is. The quality of the shows are good, thats all that I worry about weather its ROH, TNA, or w/e.

^The Outsider^

Reaction score
I like ROH, very interesting and I think it's pretty good. I hope they get an TV one day though!

7evinkogan

Reaction score
First off, Hi I'm new here but I come from many other wrestling forums so this is my first post, word.

2rd, ROH does not need a TV deal, the reason why they have ppv is to promote live events and DVDs and seeing as they are releasing those DVD bundles in stores getting a tv deal is overkill imo.

3rdly, How does ROH get a B- when you give TNA a B and WWE an A ? that honestly made me laugh, I am in no form an ROH bot as I put puro before it but ROH had prolly its 2rd or 3rd best year in its history and those ppvs weren't that great compared to the actual product, follow it more, it makes it more enjoyable.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
not to argue, but your statements do kinda contradict themselves.

Saying how ROH matches are predictable/repetitve, but in reality wwe/tna are a lot more predictable. In those two, you know when its going to be a 3 count. ROH does some kickouts when you think its 3, which i like.

You say Driven was one of the best wrestling ppv's you've ever seen, and Man Up had one of the greatest ladder matches, but its still under rated?

I also agree about the dvds. The dvd has more of the full show feel to it.

I have never said that ROH is predictable. I did say it was repetitive because everyone wrestles the same. Pretty much all ROH wrestlers do the wrist lock, exchange chops/punches/ European Uppercut, Elbow strikes.

I felt Driven was a bad PPV, the Ladder Match saved it. There was no other really good match. The Danielson/ Morishima match blew, and so did the Fatal 4 Way to open the show.

ROH is third in line behind TNA and WWE. You can look at ratings, storylines, PPV buy rates, WWE has different types of wrestlers too. Instead of everyone wrestling like CM Punk, they have guys like Triple H and Undertaker. Than they have guys like Gregory Helms and Jamie Noble. ROH has the same kind of wrestlers, there not bad by any means, and put on good matches, but when watching a full ROH show, its like you have seen the same match 4 times in a row.