My thoughts on Rock vs Cena... I was wrong.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Am I the only one who thought the match was complete shit? It was the only match I was yawning during. Rock was terrible. How can he still have IT if he never had IT? Rock was never anything special in the ring. He came up in a time an era where he had greats to back him up. He couldn't make it in today's WWE. No one as strong to carry him. Cena did his best last night, but you could just tell Cena was majorly held back with what he could do.

The match was by far worst of the night, not including the Divas match.

And in the end, WWE shot themselves in the foot by having their company face loose. It showed no faith in Cena or the current roster. They spent ten years making Cena THE man, then in one night they tore it all down and made him a Bitch.

This WrestleMania would have been a lot better without that egotistical, overrated Rock.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
UMADBRO>? By far the worst match of the night? You must be gassed if you think Bryan vs Sheamus > Rock vs Cena.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I thought Rock Cena was 3rd best match of the night and I'd love to hear someone that thinks otherwise. It was a notch below Punk Jericho and Taker HHH without a doubt. I really enjoyed it thought but The Rock seemed gassed. If that's his tip top condition, yikes that bad. He was huffing and puffing at times which didn't look like selling. He did a good job though and I'm happy to see him back. The match delivered considering the standards I put it because I knew it wasn't going to tear the house down. I love the Samoan Drop that he does, that had me scream "oh shit"

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Am I the only one who thought the match was complete shit? It was the only match I was yawning during. Rock was terrible. How can he still have IT if he never had IT? Rock was never anything special in the ring. He came up in a time an era where he had greats to back him up. He couldn't make it in today's WWE. No one as strong to carry him. Cena did his best last night, but you could just tell Cena was majorly held back with what he could do.

The match was by far worst of the night, not including the Divas match.

And in the end, WWE shot themselves in the foot by having their company face loose. It showed no faith in Cena or the current roster. They spent ten years making Cena THE man, then in one night they tore it all down and made him a Bitch.

This WrestleMania would have been a lot better without that egotistical, overrated Rock.
:lmao is this a serious post?

Yes, you do seem to be the only one who thought it was complete shit. The Rock was terrible, ummmm how? Also, major lols that Cena was majorly held back by what he could do, the guy brought out more new moves in this match alone then what we've seen from him in seemingly forever, so your comment really doesn't wash.

You're either a major Rock hater or a butthurt Cena mark, i'm just not sure which.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
He's more of a Rock hater. I'm not going to say Rock was money but Rock had some great moments last night. It depends what your expectations were and mine weren't super high like the average fan. I'm satisfied with The Rock and it was enjoyable.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Rock wasn't terrible and yes he was gassed keep in mind this was his first 1 on 1 match and he isn't doing this regularly and there wasn't much rest in the match other then that godawful STF Cena needs to either learn how to apply it properly because even the fucking great khali can apply it better or he needs to drop it altogether from his move set.

AF.

Reaction score
I thought the match was sloppy also. But I didn't expect a technical masterpiece so I was satisfied. The STF really fucks up alot of Cena's matches. If you can get past the ugliness of how he applies that move, everything else is fairly enjoyable.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
The Sunset Flip into STF was let down by the sloppy STF he didn't seem like he was putting any pressure on The Rock at all.