My parents refuse to let me join the WWE what do I do ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Batista and Goldberg didn't start wrestling until they were in their 30's and The Boogeyman was already 40 when he started (but that's because he lied about his age on Tough Enough). So I'm not worried about my age or how long it will take to get into wrestling because it's different for everybody. Mick Foley didn't get to the WWE until very late in his wrestling career and Ronda Rousey just started at 31 years old. So it depends on how fast you learn or if you're physically capable of doing it, age really doesn't matter.
I mean age does play a part in it. Just go watch an Undertaker match in the early 2000s and compare it to his recent ones, age does take a toll on you, but again do you, man.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
I mean age does play a part in it. Just go watch an Undertaker match in the early 2000s and compare it to his recent ones, age does take a toll on you, but again do you, man.
Yeah The Undertaker started in the mid to late 1980's and had been in the WWE for two decades after that by then, it does take a toll on you if you stay in it for too long. The Rock quit when he was in his early 30's and he was already doing movies at that point so he was lucky.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah The Undertaker started in the mid to late 1980's and had been in the WWE for a decade by then, it does take a toll on you if you stay in it for too long. The Rock quit when he was in his early 30's and he was already doing movies at that point so he was lucky.
That was because The Rock saw the writing on the wall, and was like I can make more money doing movies then I can wrestling, lol.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
That was because The Rock saw the writing on the wall, and was like I can make more money doing movies then I can wrestling, lol.
Yeah if any opportunity outside of wrestling comes up, I'll take it, regardless if it doesn't pay very well or not. At least I don't have to worry about beating up my body every night for the sake of the fans and getting addicted to drugs and painkillers just to keep doing it.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah if any opportunity outside of wrestling comes up, I'll take it, regardless if it doesn't pay very well or not. At least I don't have to worry about beating up my body every night for the sake of the fans and getting addicted to drugs and painkillers just to keep doing it.
Damn, just had to go and drop a truth bomb didn't you? In all honesty, I do understand what you saying and wish you well in whatever you decided to do.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Damn, just had to go and drop a truth bomb didn't you? In all honesty, I do understand what you saying and wish you well in whatever you decided to do.
Yeah like I wasn't planning on wrestling for a long period of time, since an industry like that has a lot of risks involved in terms of the physicality and how much punishment the body can take before one has to call it quits, which can happen at any point during a match or even during training sessions. So I'm taking other jobs into consideration so that it's less stress on my body. So I do understand where my parents come from, they don't want me to get hurt and I understand that but injuries are part of the business and there's no way around it.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
My parents do not approve of my desire to become a WWE Superstar, they think it's a joke and a complete waste of time with my life. My stepfather hates the fact that I watch it on TV and threatened to cut the cable off to stop me from watching it. My mom doesn't watch it either and thinks I'm wasting my time trying to pursue it and wants me to go to Church or do music (which I agreed to only because she doesn't want me to wrestle) and then when I wanted to quit she kept telling me that I'm not allowed to talk about wrestling anymore because she doesn't approve of it and thinks I could end up injured really bad or even killed (which I completely understand even though it's really more accidental than intentional). Mom thinks she's trying to protect me but I think she's being too overprotective and controlling, and I have no idea what to do. I'm 26 years old and have been wanting to get into wrestling for years but it's not working with them pushing me to do other things I have very little or no interest in. What do I do ?

Well, I for one understand where your folks are coming from. Wrestling's a gruelling sport. Rick Steiner doesn't want his kids to get involved in the biz because of how tough it is and Billy Gunn doesn't want them to either. He didn't give a reason, but I imagine he was thinking along the same lines as Steiner. The risks to your body are real and the lifespan of a wrestler isn't long, compared to other walks of life.

I would say if you really want to go into wrestling, it's your decision, but take heed of the fact that the travelling schedule will be tough and you'll see many venues that you didn't before and this might be very disorienting. I myself wouldn't become a wrestler because I'd never know where I am or who I'm talking to. Some wrestlers are genuine people who play a role, but others, as some have commented, stay in character, in and out of the ring. Also, territory can be tricky and making enemies in other states can become an ordeal.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well, I for one understand where your folks are coming from. Wrestling's a gruelling sport. Rick Steiner doesn't want his kids to get involved in the biz because of how tough it is and Billy Gunn doesn't want them to either. He didn't give a reason, but I imagine he was thinking along the same lines as Steiner. The risks to your body are real and the lifespan of a wrestler isn't long, compared to other walks of life.

I would say if you really want to go into wrestling, it's your decision, but take heed of the fact that the travelling schedule will be tough and you'll see many venues that you didn't before and this might be very disorienting. I myself wouldn't become a wrestler because I'd never know where I am or who I'm talking to. Some wrestlers are genuine people who play a role, but others, as some have commented, stay in character, in and out of the ring. Also, territory can be tricky and making enemies in other states can become an ordeal.
I'm not looking for longevity out of it because of the many wrestlers who were forced to retire from the wrestling business early due to injuries or even died while employed due to the damage it had already done to their bodies like Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit and even Owen Hart who was killed in a stunt gone wrong during his entrance to the ring as his Blue Blazer character at Over The Edge in 1999 or Droz taking a botched powerbomb by D-Lo Brown at a Smackdown taping and now he's paralyzed from the neck down in a wheelchair. I'd rather do what The Rock did and wrestle for as long I can until other opportunities come like movies or television shows outside of wrestling, so I can live the rest of my life without relying on wrestling to do it.

trumanblack

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If you’re living with your parents at 26 you need to first show you have the skill of independence.

Get yourself a job if you don’t have one, get a savings account and limit yourself on how much you spend a month.

After a couple of months (5-6 months) you’ll have a decent amount of savings that can then start you off in your own independent life.

Find yourself a little apartment that you feel comfortable in so that gives the chance to watch wrestling whenever you want without being threatened that they will cut the power cable.

You’ll still have savings left over and still incoming money every month to sign you up to a wrestling school to start you career.

Work hard and keep being consistent and I promise you, you will get what you desire and prove your parents wrong completely. Then when you have the money pay their mortgage to help them out and prove them wrong even more.

Good luck my dude

Reactions: jminter2698