My boss got fired today.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
So today is my day off. I was sitting nicely on the couch with my wife, watching tv while my daughter was at school and my son was having a nap, when my phone beeps indicating I've got a txt msg. I pull out my phone and see that the msg is from my boss. The msg just says...

"Got my walking papers today. It's been nice working with you. If you hear of any job openings, please let me know"

I was shocked. Between my two runs with the company I've been with the company since 1997. He has been with the company for aprox 5 years longer then that. He basically started with the company the year after it started up in Canada. There isn't many people from that era left.

So all day I've been txting my fellow store managers and have even heard from some former store managers that left the company a few years back, needless to say news traveled fast. But no clear answers.

Was this a downsizing? Was there a performance issue? Earlier this week the company layed off 4 people at the home office.

Needless to say I'm not sure what to make of all this. But I'm guessing there will be a boat load of e-mails to read tomorrow when I get into work.

This Guy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Hell no. The district managers in my company are over worked, under appreciated and under paid. I would never get it anyways, there are much better people then me for the job.

But anyways the shocking events was there were no e-mails when I got into work except 1. He got fired on Thursday and there were no e-mails from anyone about it until this morning which was from the regional manager which just asked us to be on a conference call.

On the call they told us what had happened and why. Though you could tell they didn't tell us everything. But bottom line it sounds like it was a case of them not being satisfied with the way he was running our district.

So the upside is doesn't sound like we are going the way of Blockbuster. lol