MVP vs Kofi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It's extremely rare that heels are able to move their way up the card...unless they are a little more established and have their game down pat like Edge and Orton. I think MVP can gain a lot by taking his face run at least a year. By then hopefully he'll be ready to main event.

^Yeah, and MVP has been getting some good pops anyway. No need to turn him.

They COULD turn Kofi though. Maybe going heel is what he needs?

noumenon

^LOL, please no one suggest the Jamaican drug lord gimmick again.

Airfixx

^^^Glad it's not just me that finds that idea utterly unrealistic and dumb (in the sense that family entertainment - especially WRESTLING with all it's bad drug-related hype/press - would include angles or characters pertaining to drugs.)

They COULD turn Kofi though. Maybe going heel is what he needs?

Taking into account the perceived plans for MVP, that'd be terrible considering he's the only TRUE midcard face they'd have left and that he doing exactly what's required of him in his role.

Stick the US strap on him and have him kick ass for a few months before getting screwed.... It's a no brainer.

Don't try and fix what isn't broken.

noumenon

Asides from that...lets look at the fact that Kofi has had about 10 seconds of mic time since debuting....all we know about him is that he goes "BOOM BOOM BOOM". He's got no springboard to turn heel.

Airfixx

They should continue to keep him shut him the fuck up as much as possible because his Ja-Fake'n accent is shit anyway.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
MVP's not going heel. BTW, I thought his line about how everyone was saying he was the bad guy during his feud with Hardy, when in reality, he was right all along... was hilarious and perfect.

MVP won't go heel to beat Kofi, especially the way they've portrayed him recently. I actually think he's open to being a face for a while, and with the pops he was getting with Cena, he's definitely on the verge of breaking into top face-status (with the crowd).

He didn't have the loudest pop last night though. That one still went to Cena/Batista everytime they even stomped their feet.

Kofi will be a face. I think WWE needs to have Priceless cost MVP the title, Kofi picks up the strap and feuds with Regal or Hardy, and MVP moves up the card more, teams with Cena against Priceless while Orton deals with Triple H/Batista in whatever twist happens between the three of them...

...something tells me Ric Flair guest referee in a triple threat match between the three if the E plays this storyline out.

It would put Cena and MVP up higher, and you can have a #1 Contender's match between the two as faces, whoever wins, if it's a good enough match, it boosts MVP either way so he stays hot, and Cena gets a shot. He can pick up the strap and defend against MVP, or lose and MVP takes advantage to face whoever is champ by then.

Klide

this should be an exciting match...but i would also like to if kofi would fight Benjamin in the near future those guy have major hops and athletesism

Airfixx

Without a MAJOR storyline(*), that won't happen if they're on different brands.

(*Which Shelton, and Kofi at this point in time, is/are not capable of carrying.)

Reaction score
^LOL, please no one suggest the Jamaican drug lord gimmick again.

I didn't say anything about a drug lord. You forget I have a child...I am totally anti drugs. That's not the only kind of heel he could be you know.

Airfixx

I didn't say anything about a drug lord. You forget I have a child...I am totally anti drugs. That's not the only kind of heel he could be you know.

"please no one suggest the Jamaican drug lord gimmick again"

Apparently no-one said you did mention that idea.

It's just something that has been suggested by a few peeps on here at one time or another....

Airfixx

HAHAHAHAHA....

Preceed that with Kofi getting half the locker room hooked on the pipe and I think we got m-a-a-a-d ratings, bro!