MVP signs with New Japan

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
TMZ.com reports that sources close to former WWE star Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP) indicate that the one-time United States Champion signed a deal with New Japan Pro Wrestling over the weekend.

The contract is for at least one year. He makes his debut Feb. 20.

TMZ also reports that MVP’s criminal background made it difficult for him obtain a visa to travel to Japan.
“Burke – who spent over nine years behind bars after being convicted of kidnapping and armed robbery when he was just 16 – had to fight tooth and nail to get the requisite visa given Japan’s anti-felon policy,â€￾ TMZ noted.
Source: NoDQ.com

MVP will be a star in Japan, that's all I have to say.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Oh is it? IDK I just read it on NoDQ lol. I'm not big on the wrestling news sites (aside from the PWTorch app that I have on my phone) but I thought that was worth posting.