Mulan(2020)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Way better Trailer for the Mulan film. Months back I wondered if Disney will be able to bring in fans to see this who aren't afraid fans from the Animated film like me. I wonder will this sell to children because of the violence and not enough fun that has shown to us in Trailers so far. I think this will do well and have alot of heart, just hope the money comes along with that.​

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You know...I have to be honest & say I have absolutely no opinion on any of these Disney "live action" remakes.

Having never seen ANY of the "Classic" Disney animated films I have no interest in the remakes or any interest
in watching them (or the originals). I know many film fans are divided in their opinions on this series of remakes...
but I honestly have no investment either way...and I think I'll keep it that way.

I know a lot of people "grew up" watching Disney films...but I didn't.

I grew up watching horror & science fiction films because that is what I wanted to watch.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
This isn't really a live action remake.. it's just a live action Mulan..

A lot of the fans of the original animated film will be disappointed when they realize this but I still think the film is going to be fantastic.

Great production value, excellent action sequences, excellent drama and acting... and as was said in the OP.. a whole lot of heart.

I'm looking forward to watching this film.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Mulan is one of my favorite Disney movies. As is Pocahontas, the Lion King, and Aladdin. I can't bring myself to watch these though because I don't want my childhood remembrance of these movies to be changed.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Mulan is one of my favorite Disney movies. As is Pocahontas, the Lion King, and Aladdin. I can't bring myself to watch these though because I don't want my childhood remembrance of these movies to be changed.

Lion King was almost a frame for frame remake of the animated film.. Aladdin was nowhere near as good as the animated film. As I said, Mulan is not a remake.. I believe you'll be able to watch this film without worries of it ruining or tarnishing your memories of the animated film.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Lion King was almost a frame for frame remake of the animated film.. Aladdin was nowhere near as good as the animated film. As I said, Mulan is not a remake.. I believe you'll be able to watch this film without worries of it ruining or tarnishing your memories of the animated film.
I may give it a chance then. I won't watch Lion King. I REFUSE! :angry:

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
You know...I have to be honest & say I have absolutely no opinion on any of these Disney "live action" remakes.

Having never seen ANY of the "Classic" Disney animated films I have no interest in the remakes or any interest
in watching them (or the originals). I know many film fans are divided in their opinions on this series of remakes...
but I honestly have no investment either way...and I think I'll keep it that way.

I know a lot of people "grew up" watching Disney films...but I didn't.

I grew up watching horror & science fiction films because that is what I wanted to watch.

Question was it that you were just not interested as a kid, or were you older than us around that time and it passed you by? Alot of stuff passed me by and lately the pas couple of Years I've made an effort to go back and see some of those classics and see how truly are. Which is why the Disney+ Streaming Service is great for those who can pay for it passing those memories to their kids and so on.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Lion King was almost a frame for frame remake of the animated film..
So...what was the point of remaking it then?

Why not just re-release the original version in theaters?

:idk3:

Question was it that you were just not interested as a kid, or were you older than us around that time and it passed you by? Alot of stuff passed me by and lately the pas couple of Years I've made an effort to go back and see some of those classics and see how truly are. Which is why the Disney+ Streaming Service is great for those who can pay for it passing those memories to their kids and so on.
Well...I was born in 1982...so that gives you some kind of a time frame.

I just don't remember Disney being a "thing" growing up...but then I'm
an Australian so maybe there is some kind of cultural disconnect there?

The only "animated" film I remember watching (& loving) as a "kid" was
Who Framed Roger Rabbit...which to this day remains one of my all time
favorite films.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

Because the story of Mulan deserved to be made into a live action film. They didn't remake it. They made a live action version of the story that the original animated film was based on. Very little from the animated film has been included in this film. Lion King, Aladdin, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast were heavily based on the original animated films.. they were remakes.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Because the story of Mulan deserved to be made into a live action film. They didn't remake it. They made a live action version of the story that the original animated film was based on. Very little from the animated film has been included in this film. Lion King, Aladdin, Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast were heavily based on the original animated films.. they were remakes.

Never mind.. just saw what you quoted. I'm getting old.. my eyes are malfunctioning.

• Haha

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I loved that movie as a kid too! You just liked Jessica Rabbit's big tiddies!

lol tiddies
Tiddies FTW!!!

Wait...isn't it meant to be "Tig Bitties"

And that's fair for Mulan I guess...but I was
asking you directly about the Lion King.

Never mind.. just saw what you quoted. I'm getting old.. my eyes are malfunctioning.
And there we go...

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

In answer to your question... they had only one reason to do a live action remake of The Lion King.

MONEY.

Other than revenue there was no point whatsoever in remaking The Lion King.

• Wow

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
In answer to your question... they had only one reason to do a live action remake of The Lion King.

MONEY.

Other than revenue there was no point whatsoever in remaking The Lion King.
Which is weird...when you think that re-releasing the original
would cost less than making the "live action" remake & possibly
still make them a metric fuck tonne of cash.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Which is weird...when you think that re-releasing the original
would cost less than the "live action" remake & possibly still
make them a metric fuck tonne of cash.

True, but it wouldn't fit with their agenda of remaking or recreating live action versions of each of their classic animated films.

Also.. I highly doubt the animated rerelease would have grossed over 500 million dollars as the live remake did.

These are the films that are currently in either pre-production or developmentals stages..

The Little Mermaid
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Peter Pan
The Sword in the Stone
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Lilo and Stitch
Pinocchio