Muhammad Ali Dodges 21 Punches In 10 Seconds

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
In their prime. Ali or Floyd? I take ali easily but Floyd is the better boxer throughout his career. He didn't get hit, his brain isn't a vegetable. Ali welcomed the pain
Yea, people sleep on Pretty Boy's longevity. He has been at the top of the sport for nearly two decades

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score

Muhammad+ali+goole+eyes_f07285_4939484.gif

As a current amateur boxer and diehard fan of this particular sport(boxing), I'll show you an even better example of another All-Time Great boxer who can dodge many punches at once. Here's a highlight video of Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker, who's actually an even greater defensive boxer than Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I love PW but he wasn't better than Floyd

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I love PW but he wasn't better than Floyd
As great as Floyd is, could he in his absolute prime ever be able to dodge over 20 punches all standing in one spot(without having to use or rely on footwork) like Sweat Pea? Whitaker once dodged like 8 quick punches in a row from a Prime Oscar De La Hoya in less than 6 seconds. Maybe Floyd at this point(right now) has accomplished slightly more than Pernell Whitaker but in terms of sheer talent and skills, I'd give the slight edge to Whitaker.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
As great as Floyd is, could he in his absolute prime ever be able to dodge over 20 punches all standing in one spot(without having to use or rely on footwork) like Sweat Pea? Whitaker once dodged like 8 quick punches in a row from a Prime Oscar De La Hoya in less than 6 seconds. Maybe Floyd at this point(right now) has accomplished slightly more than Pernell Whitaker but in terms of sheer talent and skills, I'd give the slight edge to Whitaker.
Overall Floyd is clearly the better fighter. Defensively it is an interesting discussion, but IMO Floyd takes fewer hits, probably because everything he does is extremely calculated and his game plans are conservative. Whitaker took more chances offensively which opened up his defense. If PW fought like Floyd he would probably have just as good of defense. I also think PBF has tighter defense whereas Pernell was incredibly flashy and made guys miss by a mile, Floyd will just make you miss by an inch. It accomplishes the same thing.

Two of my favorite fighters though with obvious similarities between the two. I've read about a sparring session they had in the 90s when Floyd was only 17. PW got the better of him obviously, but he came away very impressed with PBF even at that early of an age.