Mr Perfect's final WWF run....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Wiki says: "During the build up for January's Royal Rumble, it was announced that Mr. Perfect would be returning as one of the 30 combatants.... His performance, along with the positive reaction of the Atlanta crowd, earned Perfect a full time contract with the WWF. He appeared the next night on RAW in a match with Val Venis. He then had short feuds with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Rob Van Dam before forming a tag team with Shawn Stasiak at house shows throughout March and April as well as a tag team on television with The Big Boss Man. He appeared on Sunday Night Heat the night of WrestleMania X8. Mr. Perfect was drafted to RAW during the first ever "WWF Draft." However, he was released from the company on May 5, 2002."

I was not watching WWE TV during this time. I've since watched RR02, but until reading the above I always thought it was a one-off 'legends'-type of appearance...

I'd kill to see him against the likes of SCSA or RVD.... Anyone shed anymore light on these or, better still, got any links?

Cheerz in adv, IWF.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Royal Rumble 2002 had a lot of big returns. GoldDust, Mr. Perfect, Big Boss Man, and Ric Flair returned to the ring.

Perfect, I thought was in line to get a push because he was in the final 4 in the Royal Rumble, but he never really appeared in PPV's. He ended up getting released because of a flight coming back from New Zealand I think. He, Ric Flair, and Scott Hall all got drunk and were making fools out of them selves, which caused both Mr. Perfect and Scott Hall to get released and Ric Flair fined.

Mr. Perfect vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...x7fe_stone-cold-vs-mr-perfect-raw-2002_events

Mr. Perfect vs RVD
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...x1izyf_wwe-heat-2002-rvd-vs-mr-perfect_events

Airfixx

Yeah, I got well excited seeing him do so well in the rumble... He looked good too.

Thanks for the links... Rep+ on it's way.

d3moliti0n

Reaction score
It was on a flight coming back from the UK, after the Insurrextion 2002 PPV. Hennig and Lesnar had a shoot fight on the plane and were arguing about who was the better wrestler. Hall, X-Pac, Flair etc were all making fools of themselves in some way or another whilst being drunk.

superdragonau

Reaction score
X Pac cut off Michael Hayes ponytail on the flight, ythe flight from Hell as it is refferred to as and then Waltman pinned it up on a notice board at the next RAW taping

Hennig had a match on RAW where he had to sell for RVD and you can clearly see him wriggling over closer to the corner at one stage after he had just been pancaked as RVD is climbing up the turnbuckles to splash him Lol

I love and miss Curt

Reaction score
X Pac cut off Michael Hayes ponytail on the flight, ythe flight from Hell as it is refferred to as and then Waltman pinned it up on a notice board at the next RAW taping

Hennig had a match on RAW where he had to sell for RVD and you can clearly see him wriggling over closer to the corner at one stage after he had just been pancaked as RVD is climbing up the turnbuckles to splash him Lol

I love and miss Curt

lol X-Pac OWNED Michael Hayes, but Mr. Perfect's final reign in the WWE in 2002 wasn't all that good and it was a shame that they didn't use him, right, but anyway, he will be missed. R.I.P. Mr. Perfect.