Mr. McMahon - Netflix Docuseries

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
In his defense he probably forgot it’s real cuz he has CTE

Yeah I made the joke the other day that the quote is actually all the proof of CTE you need

Reactions: Bad News Booty

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
"Don't sell it" mentality

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah I made the joke the other day that the quote is actually all the proof of CTE you need

Sorry I missed that one

Comedic geniuses think alike

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Reactions: Bad News Booty

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not that I blame Austin for doing the spots bc everyone did, but he also gave a lot more sick chair shots to the head than he took, so considering the CTE he most likely caused it feels more like denial over anything.

Still, I don't think it was near the worst thing anyone said, it was just more baffling than anything. I don't even expect a lot from Austin but he seemed smarter than that

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean why they let WWE do that segment? They don't have the power to prevent it.
No Trump being aloud to stand again. When you said and this is the guy who wants to be president after you remarked he phoned to see if Vince was ok.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Just finished up the whole thing.

Wow. Some of the stuff is just. Wow. Like Bruce Prichard trying to say THEY made Vince look bad? Uh. I think Vince did a good enough job of doing that himself.

King Cobra

Reaction score
I find it odd that they talk about wrestlemania 1 to 3 and then 6 and 7. However, they just ignore wrestlemania 4 and 5. They don't talk about the Hogan vs Savage feud at all.

I really am starting to believe Macho messed with a young Stephanie.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
I find it odd that they talk about wrestlemania 1 to 3 and then 6 and 7. However, they just ignore wrestlemania 4 and 5. They don't talk about the Hogan vs Savage feud at all.
I haven't seen the doc yet, so I'm not sure what exactly they are talking about when it comes to those Manias, but even with that I'm pretty confident that talking about 1-3 and 6 & 7 is way more important to put a spotlight on, when it comes to a doc about Vince, than 4 or 5.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The series was an emotional ride.

Vince is a man that I would bow to if I ever met him. He made something that was a huge part of my childhood, something I’ve never stopped watching and never will. The best nostalgia of my life is the golden era.

Then, this series comes along and reminds you that the man you hold up high actually has a very ugly side to him that you just want to deny cuz you don’t want any of these serious faults to be real.

I fully believe that Vince has done a lot of good in his life and that he is an actual caring individual who could just as easily refuse to do anything for anyone if he wanted to and not feel any way about it but has chosen at times in his life not to.

However….the dark side of Vince far overshadows any good he has done. Some of the most despicable things a person could do….

Meltzer actually came across quite likeable and interesting to listen to but I think he was way off when he said wrestling fans don’t care when a wrestler dies. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Not sure where he and Bruce get that idea from but it’s certainly way off.

Prichard came across as his usual ass licking self. I can enjoy him talking about wrestling in general but it’s like this guy refuses to believe anything negative about his buddies. Vince helping him and his wife in a tough time was great but that doesn’t mean Vince can’t be an asshole of a person.

The idea being put out there that Patterson was innocent…lmfao. This guy walks in and grabs another man’s dick randomly….who the fuck does that? Patterson was a molester, they shouldn’t have downplayed that at all.

I think Vince is so in to characters that he just straight up doesn’t realize his “character” and him are the same person, he was in such denial and kept trying to convince us all that Vince and Mr. McMahon are not the same yet you can even see in early interviews Mr.McMahon is Vince right there talking shit to the interviewer and hitting their papers cuz he was asked questions or told statements he didn’t like.

Vince crying about WCW taking his guys was hilarious, literally did the same thing and destroyed the territories but is upset when it happens to him and thinks it’s wrong and unfair.

Austin saying he doesn’t believe in CTE was a shock to hear, I’ve read a few things in which people don’t think he meant he doesn’t believe in it and was referring to sloppy workers hurting themselves but to me it came across as he really doesn’t believe in it, which would be silly as multiple wrestlers have had it. He hasn’t clarified yet but I don’t doubt he will at some point as I’m sure he will see people talking about it as it’s been reported on multiple wrestling articles.

Vince’s comments on the Owen situation were a disgrace. People didn’t come to see someone die…but someone did die and that should have been handled as such. Unbelievable that people had to wrestle right next to a man’s bloodstain. People would not have been mad about a show being cancelled because someone died. Vince just cares about money here.

Overall, great stuff, not too much most wrestling fans didn’t know but still an interesting watch and sad at times. Vince is a scumbag but he did have a sad upbringing that molded him and I’ll always respect him for what he did in wrestling but the man himself, wow…just wow….

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

ScareValue

Reaction score
Shane was the big winner in this documentary. Total sympathetic babyface. It also helps that he just comes across as a normal person in his interviews…but the capper for why he didn’t become the heir apparent being “he’s too nice” really sealed it.

Stephanie came across better than she usually does too…but the emotional through line of Vince’s son being passed over after a life spent trying everything he could in and out of the company to just get a shred of approval was easily the best arc of the whole deal.

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
I was expecting it to go harder on him regarding the "killing of the territories", though I agree with the narrative of the series on that issue. He didn't "kill the territories", he saved the industry. He lied like a politician during a lot of the interviews. During those interviews with the reporter Muchnick, I was like "where's David Schultz when you need him." That guy was way too obsessed with trying to take down WWE.

King Cobra

Reaction score
I haven't seen the doc yet, so I'm not sure what exactly they are talking about when it comes to those Manias, but even with that I'm pretty confident that talking about 1-3 and 6 & 7 is way more important to put a spotlight on, when it comes to a doc about Vince, than 4 or 5.
The first two episodes are more about how he took over the territories, the second episode is a biography of the golden era. I can understand why they would talk about wrestlemania 7 because they gained negative publicity for exploiting the gulf war.
Why do you think it would be more important to put the spotlight on wrestlemania 6 instead of 4 and 5? Is it because Hogan lost?

If Vince was on great terms with Randy Savage prior to his death, I would assume he would have talked about the Megapowers feud and the impact of Miss Elizabeth.

King Cobra

Reaction score
The series was an emotional ride.

Vince is a man that I would bow to if I ever met him. He made something that was a huge part of my childhood, something I’ve never stopped watching and never will. The best nostalgia of my life is the golden era.

Then, this series comes along and reminds you that the man you hold up high actually has a very ugly side to him that you just want to deny cuz you don’t want any of these serious faults to be real.

I fully believe that Vince has done a lot of good in his life and that he is an actual caring individual who could just as easily refuse to do anything for anyone if he wanted to and not feel any way about it but has chosen at times in his life not to.

However….the dark side of Vince far overshadows any good he has done. Some of the most despicable things a person could do….

Meltzer actually came across quite likeable and interesting to listen to but I think he was way off when he said wrestling fans don’t care when a wrestler dies. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Not sure where he and Bruce get that idea from but it’s certainly way off.

Prichard came across as his usual ass licking self. I can enjoy him talking about wrestling in general but it’s like this guy refuses to believe anything negative about his buddies. Vince helping him and his wife in a tough time was great but that doesn’t mean Vince can’t be an asshole of a person.

The idea being put out there that Patterson was innocent…lmfao. This guy walks in and grabs another man’s dick randomly….who the fuck does that? Patterson was a molester, they shouldn’t have downplayed that at all.

I think Vince is so in to characters that he just straight up doesn’t realize his “character” and him are the same person, he was in such denial and kept trying to convince us all that Vince and Mr. McMahon are not the same yet you can even see in early interviews Mr.McMahon is Vince right there talking shit to the interviewer and hitting their papers cuz he was asked questions or told statements he didn’t like.

Vince crying about WCW taking his guys was hilarious, literally did the same thing and destroyed the territories but is upset when it happens to him and thinks it’s wrong and unfair.

Austin saying he doesn’t believe in CTE was a shock to hear, I’ve read a few things in which people don’t think he meant he doesn’t believe in it and was referring to sloppy workers hurting themselves but to me it came across as he really doesn’t believe in it, which would be silly as multiple wrestlers have had it. He hasn’t clarified yet but I don’t doubt he will at some point as I’m sure he will see people talking about it as it’s been reported on multiple wrestling articles.

Vince’s comments on the Owen situation were a disgrace. People didn’t come to see someone die…but someone did die and that should have been handled as such. Unbelievable that people had to wrestle right next to a man’s bloodstain. People would not have been mad about a show being cancelled because someone died. Vince just cares about money here.

Overall, great stuff, not too much most wrestling fans didn’t know but still an interesting watch and sad at times. Vince is a scumbag but he did have a sad upbringing that molded him and I’ll always respect him for what he did in wrestling but the man himself, wow…just wow….
I agree about Bruce Prichard. Undertaker came off as a complete stooge too. Like really, he would take a bullet for Vince.

I was surprised Meltzer said Andre passing the torch to Hogan was a myth and that Hogan for the last 3 years was bigger than Andre ever was.

Last edited: