Mr. Kennedy released..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
The backdrop was a little bad, but really, he was just trying to put on the "refreshed and ready for vengeance" show that all superstars put on after returning from injury. His wrist is obviously fine, so to release him over THAT is just idiotic.

This Guy

Doesn't mean he can't simply sign the papers, does it? If he can't, well, I give it 60 days then. :p

actually it does. technically if your under a non compete clause your not even allowed to talk to them about possibly joining. But of course people still talk. You can't prove talks. But if he signs a contract then he's in breech of his non compete clause. Its why the WWE sued Rena Mero a few years back. She was still under non compete and was shown in the front row of the Nitro crowd. She was still paid to be there. Even if she hadn't though they still gave her the ticket which is a form of compensation which still violated her non compete clause.

Its why guys that are verbally going to TNA will be very careful about staying off TNA tv until there clause is up.

Travis40

The backdrop was a little bad, but really, he was just trying to put on the "refreshed and ready for vengeance" show that all superstars put on after returning from injury. His wrist is obviously fine, so to release him over THAT is just idiotic.

It doesn't matter if his wrist is fine. He is just a walking trainwreck, and he's proven time and time again that he isn't properly trained to get in the ring. It seems like every time he gets in there he hurts himself, and this time, he almost hurt somebody else, and it was only going to be a matter of time before he seriously injured someone.

xtremebadass

For the record, for the past year, I would say Ricky Ortiz would have more of a right to say he was WWE Championship material than Mr. Kennedy.

Double J

Reaction score
Credit: F4WOnline.com

More details are now surfacing about the situation involving Mr. Kennedy and WWE. For those still in the dark, you should read the original article about why Mr. Kennedy got fired specifically and what went down backstage at RAW that night. It is on the newsboard if you go back a few days.

As far as the update is concerned, it appears that not just Randy Orton went to Vince McMahon to complain about how dangerously clumbsy Kennedy is in the ring and how green he is. While no one is named directly, apparently two or three top, multi-time world champions (one should already come to mind) were among those that went directly to McMahon to vent their frustrations.

According to sources, McMahon was already in a bad mood due to the NBA/Denver Nuggets situation and reportedly went insane with anger on a plane ride back home. McMahon apparently said Kennedy is now on the WWE's "do not call list" which very few people are on. It's the cream of the crop when it comes to testing the often-preeched "never say never" slogan in WWE.

Sounds like they wanted him gone, I'm sure the higher ups (Cena, Orton, HHH, Batista) know when Vince is in a good or bad mood and they just happen to all complain to him when he was pissed.

Credit: PWInsider.com
The recently fired WWE Superstar Mr. Kennedy (Ken Anderson) is available for future pro wrestling bookings. Promoters interested can email DavidHerro@aol.com, although due to his 90-day non-compete clause with WWE he won't be available for use until September 1st.

Speaking of Kennedy, he recently updated his official Twitter account with an entry where he discusses interest in going to school to become a chef. Kennedy claims he's found cooking to be a good stress reliever while he was away from the ring rehabbing his injured shoulder.

So yes he does have a 90 no compete clause. Which, unless they get paid during those 90 days, is really stupid. They fire a wrestler, thus breaking/terminating their contract, but since they fired him he's not allowed to wrestle anywhere else.

And Kennedy can't walk around a ring without getting injured, can you imagine him being around open fire, stoves, holding sharp objects, trying to cut vegetables?!

$5 says he dies in a kitchen by the end of the year.

xtremebadass

Kennedy would rather cook than wrestle? Hey, he can go on Emeril LIVE because no wrestling promotion would want to risk their superstars getting injured in the ring with the "hitman."

No reference to Bret Hart in any capacity lol.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I would give my left testicle to see Mr. Kennedy on Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay.

Airfixx

So yes he does have a 90 no compete clause. Which, unless they get paid during those 90 days, is really stupid. They fire a wrestler, thus breaking/terminating their contract, but since they fired him he's not allowed to wrestle anywhere else.

The reason for no-compete clauses is so that another fed can't sign them up straight away and benefit from all the time and money invested in that wrestler's current heat/hype. (See Luger & Hall/Nash leaving for WCW).

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Personally I still believe that if Kennedy can hit the indies and show that he's willing to work on his craft and that he's just been having a rough run he can be back in time to be a surprise entrant in next years Rumble or something along those lines.

I mean, despite the fact that I don't like him he's clearly very popular with the people in general and that's hard to ignore.