Mr. Kennedy released..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

newmie

Reaction score
I actually really hope TNA signs Kennedy, he is a good talent despite what people say. He's pretty good on the mic and in front of a crowd and is ok in the ring, with a bit more training, could be very good. Who cares if he get's injured some of the time, he's had what? Like three injuries... two of which were freak incidences, and they just happened to be long term injuries.

seX-Power

I actually really hope TNA signs Kennedy, he is a good talent despite what people say. He's pretty good on the mic and in front of a crowd and is ok in the ring, with a bit more training, could be very good. Who cares if he get's injured some of the time, he's had what? Like three injuries... two of which were freak incidences, and they just happened to be long term injuries.

Who cares, well the company paying his salary for him to only wrestle twice a year care.

Kizza

Thoughts of how they are going to explain this on RAW now that he has made an official title challenge to Randy Orton?

They don't need to, they've already said on their site that he has been released. No need to even mention him.

Beer Money Army

I'm glad vince has stopped wasting money on this dude since he is getting injured all the time.

Goodbye WWE Hello TNA for him within the next 1-8 months.

ouch i pull my shoulder typing this.. BMA is out for 6 months from IWF

Double J

Reaction score
Source: F4WOnline.com

-- As we reported earlier, Mr. Kennedy was officially released from World Wrestling Entertainment earlier today. This is coming as a shock to many. Kennedy had returned to Raw on Monday after rehabbing from a badly injured shoulder. Kennedy ended up injuring his wrist after taking a RKO from Randy Orton.

It is being reported that Randy Orton & Kennedy had words backstage after Raw went off the air, it wasn't heated, but that Orton told him he had to be careful out there so he wouldn't injure anyone in the ring. There wasn't any other complaints backstage.

A possibility of a reason why Kennedy was released was the pull that Orton has with Vince McMahon. Another possibility is that because he is injury prone, and WWE wouldn't be able to capitalize on their work on his character.

I kinda doubt Orton got him fired, I stilll think they're just tired of him getting injured. If this is the case then Mysterio better watch it with his injuries, but Rey may be a little safer than Kennedy due to his mexican heritage and being over with the kids.

Wrestling Station

That would make Batista and Orton a happier couples :laugh:

CenaMark54

I read on PWI that the reason Kennedy was released was because of a botched back body drop that could have broken Orton's neck.

I have also read on a few sites that Orton and Kennedy had a backstage conforntation after the match. Its also being reported that the RKO on Kennedy was not planned and Orton stiffed him on purpose to send a message.

Good to see that Orton was some Hunteresque pull backstage. Its also good to know that the WWE is willing to protect its top stars from people who should spend sometime in wrestling school.

Wrestling Station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxKQYi4yNkQ&feature=related

Fast Forward to about 1 minute and 8 seconds. Notice the sloppy back suplex and how Orton reacts. That's probably what got Kennedy fired.

not only this, but earlier during that match when Kennedy was at the cornor of the nuggets team; he threw an elbow at Orton and Orton actually got hurt from it. I remember that incident when I first saw the match last monday. (Orton was outside checking on his eye and his forhead for quiet a while).

Soulpower

I read on PWI that the reason Kennedy was released was because of a botched back body drop that could have broken Orton's neck.

I have also read on a few sites that Orton and Kennedy had a backstage conforntation after the match. Its also being reported that the RKO on Kennedy was not planned and Orton stiffed him on purpose to send a message.

Good to see that Orton was some Hunteresque pull backstage. Its also good to know that the WWE is willing to protect its top stars from people who should spend sometime in wrestling school.

This is pretty much the same thing I heard. No idea if this is supposed to make me hate Orton more, or actually like him :shifty:

I should add, though... Its never good for any wrestler to have that kind of pull backstage. It can only lead to some unfair firings if Orton dislikes someone. (Note:I am NOT saying that Kennedy's firing was unfair).

Wrestling Station

so the guys who doesnt care about other's getting injured are:
1- Goldberg
2-Kurt Angle
and now

3-Kennedy!

But I think he was frustrated that he was sidelined for ages, and as he said during his promo (he will be WWE champion) so he planned on injuring the current champ for him to become a ME and win the WWE title sooner than later) :shifty: evil kennedy lol

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
not only this, but earlier during that match when Kennedy was at the cornor of the nuggets team; he threw an elbow at Orton and Orton actually got hurt from it. I remember that incident when I first saw the match last monday. (Orton was outside checking on his eye and his forhead for quiet a while).

I was gonna point the elbow out. Orton was down for a minute. Then the Mic-Check on DiBiase seemed like it was a bit rougher than it should have been. But yeah, the RKO looked like it was just a shot by Orton to really teach him a lesson for the elbow and the back (neck) drop.

I think Kennedy is going to be back in OVW for a while. I don't think we'll never see Kennedy on WWE programming again, but I don't think it'll happen until he's healthy and proving he can wrestle again (which is why I thought they had him in the match so long).

BTW: This is the second person this year that Orton has had fired? I mean, Manu wasn't shit anyways, Kennedy at least had crowd-hype potential.