Mr. and Mrs. Jeff Jarrett...and yes, it is who you think.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

...god...

Reaction score
Oh, and for the above post of mine, add on of course his recent feud with Anderson. Which is probably the most intense feud I've seen since HHH/Orton from WM 25. Shit is amazing, and their ladder match was great. He's making Anderson look like a God heel, getting shit tons of heat, and no, there's no mat wrestling involved. Kurt is getting best feud after best feud and highlight of TNA after highlight for a reason. First Wolfe, now Anderson (who everybody thought/thinks is shit).

And you had it with me on WTF (you were Dr. Death). You must have not recognized my name, but hopefully you do now.. since it's the same.

Shit, you watched the Wolfe matches. Those were 100% mat wrestling, holds, bars, etc. yeah. But Wolfe also pretty came in and said he's a better wrestler than him and is going to replace him in TNA. So it could be shown as a one-upping of some sort. Wolfe also applies the most sickening holds, so it played out. Taz did a good job on commentary taking note of it, I think it was more brutal than it seemed, counter after counter. I dunno, I can see how one would feel like this headlock initiation shit in a really intense feud (Kaedon always use to bitch about this happening) would be dumb, and I think it's pretty dumb too. I just don't think that mentality applied well here, they rarely used headlocks in their matches and just went out and did crazy counters and submissions to outwrestle the other.

Morgan's match was pretty much wasted. That was the first one where Kurt pretty much played out ALL the stops he could to beat him. I loved it, and it made him look good by simply that. But it's practically forgotten and they didn't jump on it and instead threw him in a tag-team. Typical TNA booking.

Reaction score
Oh, and from the above add on of course his recent feud with Anderson. Which is probably the most intense feud I've seen since HHH/Orton from WM 25. Shit is amazing, and their ladder match was great. He's making Anderson look like a God heel, getting shit tons of heat, and no, there's no mat wrestling involved.

And you had it with me on WTF (you were Dr. Death). You must have not recognized my name, but hopefully you do now.. since it's the same.

Feud with Anderson has been good, despite the handicap of Anderson being involved which makes it an even bigger achievement. I find him annoying to no end. TNA's version of Heath Slater. Ladder match was on last week's show, right, when they had the cage key up there? Haven't seen it, but may give it a look. I doubt I'll enjoy it much w/Anderson involved, even if Angle is at the top of his game.

oic. I knew that was you cos it's your name on MSN too. Didn't remember that.

edit - I just think if a guy tried to end your career to start a feud and bashed your brains out, you don't go out and try to out wrestle him. You go out and try to fuck him up. This is partially the booking's fault, because the angle kind of went backwards (from intense heat to I'm a better wrestler than you, which seems the wrong way around), but I still think it's Blue.

(Sidenote: Kaedon needs to come back)

Don't all Angle matches involve him pulling out all the stops? Honestly, I can't remember seeing an Angle match finish with the first finisher.

...god...

Reaction score
I edited a shit ton, btw. Hope you reread :D. Afk, prob gonna sleep it's 3:30 AM and I'm pretty fucked up.

Haha yeah, was gonna point out my MSN name too. Yeah, I know everyone's feelings towards Anderson, it just makes this all the more better, tbh. The triumphant face getting the inevitable revenge in the end actually felt good to me for ONCE when Kurt finally made him bleed (after Anderson busting the fuck out of his head twice) and the Impact zone freaked. I dunno, I just think this feud was awesome maybe even underrated, and the ending to their ladder match was fucking perfect. The tags? Genius. That shoulda been their PPV match, so I'm interested how this is going to turn out, sadly I think it'll be a let down, but who knows.

As for Kurt's match with Morgan, I think it was the fact that he was wrestling more face that did it, which he hadn't done in TNA in forever and ever. In the WWE, during his short face turn, he did that shit sorta with Rey (when he had his horrible reign). Did all he could to beat him, but couldn't get it done, then eventually someone would run down and DQ. I think adding in one new move like the Frogsplash off the top on Morgan was really cool and just felt like he was pulling it all out (he usually just does that moonsault in a "big time" BFG match). Also, I understand you think HBK is fairly overrated as well, but shouldn't he and Kurt be in the same boat practically? Shawn does the same exact shit too, lol. Springboard moonsault in big time matches!@! Taker as well. Then again, I also would put Kurt vs. Shawn (their first one, and I could see your formula definitely being applied in this, but it didn't really matter to me, the middle parts were awesome and the finish really did it as far as emotion goes) in my like top 5 greatest matches ever. The emotion and suspense was just surreal. They all have their niche, they stick to it, it gets them over and it's what they're known for (i.e. Kurt's gotta work that leg because that's his finisher). Dunno, you see what I mean?

Reaction score
Anything involving Anderson in the ring is bound to end with a feeling of being greatly let down, especially after hearing people actually hype him up as good.

My main gripe with Angle is that what he does makes no sense with his routine. Shawn's makes (or made now, I suppose) more sense, as you seem him innovate when he's against a bigger or smaller guy and adjust his offence, while keeping the same basic form in his regular moves. My main problem with Michaels is that he wrestles a style which heavily relies on selling, but he's not a great (or even good) seller. I see what you mean, but it's more to do with how Kurt does it than just the fact that it's the same stuff.

...god...

Reaction score
Thinking about it a bit, I think it's Kurt's character I find so cool. I was looking at some of the highlights of HBK/Kurt after this talk, just the counters and mannerisms (pulling the straps down twice, lol) he does are great. The way he can block all that shit and turn it into his finisher, sorta like Rey does with his. Idk if that's why he's a spot monkey, if so, other's (like REY) do that too. You can just believe that he's working his ass off and trying to finish this fucker off, can't do it, and is trying EVERY single thing he can TO do it. That's always his mentality it seems.

K. /sleep

Reaction score
Thinking about it a bit, I think it's Kurt's character I find so cool. I was looking at some of the highlights of HBK/Kurt after this talk, just the counters and mannerisms (pulling the straps down twice, lol) he does are great. The way he can block all that shit and turn it into his finisher, sorta like Rey does with his. Idk if that's why he's a spot monkey, if so, other's (like REY) do that too. You can just believe that he's working his ass off and trying to finish this fucker off, can't do it, and is trying EVERY single thing he can TO do it. That's always his mentality it seems.

K. /sleep

It's not just that, tho the fact that it happens every time I see him wrestle doesn't help, because I know there's going to be a billion kickouts cos he does it every other time. I mean he has things like his mat wrestling that he does, or even a lot of his brawling, that ultimately leads nowhere, and is just done at the time for the sake of it.

I'm watching Impact now. If you were awake and on MSN, I could tell you what I think so much easier, ASS.

edit - okay, I just saw the match, which once again reinforced my belief that Kurt Angle is crazy, and Anderson is shit. I'm not a fan of one on one ladder matches, as they usually involve ridiculous forms of time wasting because you have to sell, and Anderson is too stupid to sell/waste time well. Wasting time by setting up a ladder for fifteen or so seconds is NOT a good thing. You want to kill some time? Lean over the ropes and sell how much the match has taken out of you. Never do that shit with the ladder because it's ridiculous. The fact that he couldn't climb a ladder quickly in the middle stages of the mat, THEN could climb it quickly after taking some more bumps (including copping a moonsault while on top of the ladder) is part of the reason I hate Anderson so much. So stupid.

I thought Angle did what he could to make the match as good as possible, but with that said, the guy shouldn't be taking bumps like that. I admire his commitment, but damn, that bump to the outside was fucking brutal. It added to the match, but I just feel bad for the guy since his body is meant to be in awful shape. Still, he made the match bearable or even pretty good, and I'll credit him that. Finish to the match was really nice too.

:lmao @ CAGEKEY

...god...

Reaction score
God damn I was tired. Ok anyways, you're probably right, he DOES do the kickout thing a lot. But it's only in real big time matches. Like I honestly didn't really see him do it to that degree vs. Wolfe. He pulled out a new submission to beat him, which was cool, and that's all he did with it. And he hasn't done it vs. Anderson and I really don't think he will in this type of feud. Anderson really isn't booked that strong. For Morgan, it was more of the fact that Morgan came in looking inferior/weaker and Angle doing it to him seemed gold, then the handshake at the end solidified it. But yeah, he does it on all those big time matches, you expect it, but you kinda should in a true big-equally matched match (another reason the Morgan thing felt more like a put over). I understand you say he does that formula simply just to put his opponent over.. but it kinda works and I mean pretty much everyone else does it too if they need to put someone the fuck over (Batista/Cena kicking out of the Pedigree comes to mind and HBK vsing any big face). Definitely don't see him do it all the time though. Oh yeah, it's also only vs. a big face player, you won't really see it vs. a heel usually.

Dunno, I sorta like the cage key idea, but it woulda made more sense if it was some blow-over type of match, or just given in some other stipulation. There wasn't that much psychology in the match, but it's the standard TNA-style match.

PS: His match with Daniels was really good as well, just remembered.