Moxley shoots on WWE with good old Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Well the former Ambrose was on the Talk Is Jericho podcast and he said some stuff. Here’s that stuff. Skip to around 45 seconds of the video to where it actually begins.

Or if you can’t be bothered and just need the notes, here is a tweet thread.

• Love
Reactions: edge4ever

Death Walker

Better Known As King Of Armageddon | Trapped In Darkness
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Well the former Ambrose was on the Talk Is Jericho podcast and he said some stuff. Here’s that stuff. Skip to around 45 seconds of the video to where it actually begins.

Or if you can’t be bothered and just need the notes, here is a tweet thread.

tenor.gif

Welp, I tried...look like I won't be watching AEW no more. It's turned into the Ambrose/Moxley whatever show as of late. So goodbye, wrestling world!

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
These are the kind of shoot interviews us smarks live for

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
tenor.gif

Welp, I tried...look like I won't be watching AEW no more. It's turned into the Ambrose/Moxley whatever show as of late. So goodbye, wrestling world!

The company literally had one show.

Reactions: Death Walker

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I can u understand that Dean is upset with WWE but he seems a little umgrateful. He would still be some bum indy wrestler pullin thumbtacks out of his crotch if it wasnt for Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The creative team sucks in WWE. They have some of the best wrestlers and have the best roster they have ever had yet the shows are LQ. They need to figure out a better system and get better writers on board.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The creative team sucks in WWE. They have some of the best wrestlers and have the best roster they have ever had yet the shows are LQ. They need to figure out a better system and get better writers on board.

I think the best way to do this would be to let the talent go out there and shoot promos without a script. Just give them a general run down of the main points of the storyline but let them fill in the blanks. Guys and girls cant get themseleves over when they are at mercy to the PG corporate era of wrestling and having to abide by all the restrictions.

Reactions: Snowman1

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I can u understand that Dean is upset with WWE but he seems a little umgrateful. He would still be some bum indy wrestler pullin thumbtacks out of his crotch if it wasnt for Vincent Kennedy McMahon

The opening he said he has had a level of appreciation. I am in the middle of listening now, but he said he essentially grew up there, and most importantly, met his wife. Just everything compounded over time and he was genuinely burnt out and depressed. Plus, from what I can tell, he'd be fine making less if he just enjoys himself (and with the way the industry is right now, I can argue that he'd be big somewhere outside of WWE even without going to WWE for his talent). Besides, he had enough respect to see out the rest of his contract rather than just leaving.

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

~ Most wrestling fans are frustrated with the WWE Creative team...
~ HA!
~ Just shows that Moxley has some class & integrity...
~ Good...

I love the idea the WWE would keep throwing money at him...
only for Moxley to ignore them.

Not EVERY person is this world can be bought like an object.

tenor.gif

I'd have to say its better to watch the "Moxley Show" than RAW or SDL.

?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The opening he said he has had a level of appreciation. I am in the middle of listening now, but he said he essentially grew up there, and most importantly, met his wife. Just everything compounded over time and he was genuinely burnt out and depressed. Plus, from what I can tell, he'd be fine making less if he just enjoys himself (and with the way the industry is right now, I can argue that he'd be big somewhere outside of WWE even without going to WWE for his talent). Besides, he had enough respect to see out the rest of his contract rather than just leaving.
Fair enough

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I'm at the 1-hour 20-minute mark, and he says something very interesting. Beyond his goals in AEW of being the best him he can be there and help them, he says that WWE is in the past and that he wants them to do well. If WWE to be good has to be a byproduct of AEW doing well and forcing them to change their creative process so that his friends there and Renee can do better, than so be it.

Like, he's a pretty down to earth guy. Maybe he was a bit sharp explaining why he quit, but it was an experience he had to deal with personally and it was a lot he had to go through. If you have job drive you crazy/depressed for some time, you'd need to get some of that fire out and he had a fair bit to get off his chest. Jon's a passionate and creative guy and WWE and he just didn't mesh as well as it could have. I hope he puts this renewed passion to good use.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
I'd have to say its better to watch the "Moxley Show" than RAW or SDL.

?
Fair enough, broski but...no, for me...I'm passing on all of it.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
The company literally had one show.
Sorry Beavie, not their fault...maybe. And it was a very good show especially for their first (solid 9 out of 10) but nah I ain't with the b.s. or "hype" crap so...adios!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Sorry Beavie, not their fault...maybe. And it was a very good show especially for their first (solid 9 out of 10) but nah I ain't with the b.s. or "hype" crap so...adios!

To be honest, it'd be silly for them not to follow up on Moxley, but this Podcast isn't AEW's Podcast, this is Chris Jericho's that he runs independently. They had him end the show to leave the shock to get people talking, let him make his promo, and announce a match, that is all AEW's done. Moxley to New Japan, that's on him, not AEW. We'll see how featured he is as more shows get going.

Death Walker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
batista
To be honest, it'd be silly for them not to follow up on Moxley, but this Podcast isn't AEW's Podcast, this is Chris Jericho's that he runs independently. They had him end the show to leave the shock to get people talking, let him make his promo, and announce a match, that is all AEW's done. Moxley to New Japan, that's on him, not AEW. We'll see how featured he is as more shows get going.
Beavie...Beavie...Beavie...
I know that they would have to do follow-up on the guy who attacked their Kenny Omega as the event ended. I get that!
I know that Chris Jericho's podcast is his own and not AEW. I get that!
I'm saying I'm not with all the promo vids, the extra tweets, the interviews, etc. Like come on guy, you can't really just be like "that's on him, not AEW." Lmao like come on!!! They're pushing the fuck outta this guy (which yes, I have resentment/irritation towards), whomever it is. I'm sure former Ambrose/now Moxley again, didn't just go, "oh I'll pop up at AEW, attack someone or anybody or target Omega, then go take a Fuck You pic with Cody post it on Twitter, then drop a few vids and interviews real quick." Sorry my beaver cousin but I ain't buying it!

I'll try to see the headlines when the pop up on my phone but...now I'm really skeptical about this whole thing. Just how I feel personally and not to be taken as a total disregard to AEW. Sorry but I just can't deal with this guy.

Reactions: Jeffry Mason