Most underrated wrestler?(By the IWC)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I want to say John Cena, but the hate he gets from the IWC is mostly due to his stale character, not his in-ring work. I think most people on the 'net realize by now that Cena is a hell of a performer who gives it his all nearly every time he walks through the curtain. I can sit here and rattle off a long list of not just 'good' but great matches that Cena has had over the past decade.

Orton and Sheamus are decent shouts.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I feel like Big Show gets a lot of flack for his work. People tend to judge him just on his recent run despite being stupidly athletic for his size back in the day.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Big Show is an amazing talent, its just gotten to the point where there is nothing left for him to do to impress us as fans.

ADR is my vote. Dude is legit as fuck and gets nothing but hate. Sheamus would be #2.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Never seen anybody hate Seth Rollins honestly
It isn't about hate. It's mostly the jerks who say Big E has main event stock or that Reigns has main event stock when they are both so questionable. Reigns/Big E are experiencing their biggest surge in popularity right now.
Rollins has more overall ability than both of those guys. I even see Luke Harper more love than Rollins. Harper is a fantastic worker but another one trick pony who does one thing really well
And, no, I never said Seth Rollins should lead the company, but I know better than to sleep on a ROH talent in favor of unproven talent who clearly has flaws (Reigns)
Has Jericho ever been hated also? He's the ultimate IWC darling imo.
Still, it isn't about hate. The IWC tends to have this fascination with potential. They design all their artwork/sigs/avatars on guys who aren't nearly as accomplished, overall talented or as clever as Chris Jericho.
This lead to me pegging him as underrated. It's as if potential carries more weight,than what a worker actually does week in and week out (and can still do.) Wyatt does great cryptic promos, so does Y2J. Y2J was never given the green light Wyatt has

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Big Show, Seth Rollins (If you saw him at survivor series he was amazing) And i see something in Zack Ryder.

I just wish they would push him.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I feel like Big Show gets a lot of flack for his work. People tend to judge him just on his recent run despite being stupidly athletic for his size back in the day.

I never got the hate for Big Show, honestly. I know he's been around seemingly forever and doesn't really offer anything new at this point, but the same can almost be said for Mark Henry, who gets nothing but love from the IWC.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I never got the hate for Big Show, honestly. I know he's been around seemingly forever and doesn't really offer anything new at this point, but the same can almost be said for Mark Henry, who gets nothing but love from the IWC.
Fresher character from Henry. Henry and Show have gone in reverse order with their careers. Henry started off fairly boring and hit his stride late in his career, with an interesting character and fun matches. Show hit his peek fairly early and has since gone into decline from a character stand point.

Reactions: Leo C

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Fresher character from Henry. Henry and Show have gone in reverse order with their careers. Henry started off fairly boring and hit his stride late in his career, with an interesting character and fun matches. Show hit his peek fairly early and has since gone into decline from a character stand point.

He's had the heel monster gimmick for years. It's not the freshest thing by this point. And in terms of their ring work... Big Show doesn't exactly have the greatest matches, but I've enjoyed far more of his than I have of Henry's. (Sticking them in the ring together is usually a disaster though, just check out the boring chants at TLC 2011, for example.)

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Mark Henry being a strong angry man is fresh? He was doing that in 06 vs Taker lol.

Reactions: JC4Life37

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
ADR and Sheamus for sure. Boring ass characters, but I love their wrestling style, I've been very happy with Sheamus' recent work, and ADR, albeit inconsistent, can pull out some really cool tricks out of his bag at times.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Sheamus is a dogshit wrestler. All his matches follow the same formulaic structure. Can't stand him.

GoldbergFan1

Jobber
Reaction score
Mark Henry shouldn't wrestle he's outdated to me and has been for years. When I watch him I think boring all the time. I like Sheamus's character and I think he is great as a wrestler. ADR is another boring wrestler to me he just rubs me the wrong way. Probably the wrong time to say that. Lol