Most Interesting Mania Title Feud?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which feud is more exciting/interesting?

• Cena vs. Batista

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jericho vs. Edge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

xtremebadass

The two title matches set for WrestleMania 26 are Batista defending the WWE title against Cena and Jericho defending the World title against Edge. After seeing roughly what each feud is all about, especially after last Monday's Cena/Batista promo, which feud do you think is more interesting/exciting?

Wordlife

Both matches HOPEFULLY will draw and plan out to be great matches. I'm looking forward to both A LOT, but I see Cena/Batista stealing the show, just sayin

straight_edge76

Both of the Mania title matches are somewhat interesting. Personally I am looking forward tp Jericho/Edge more mainly because Jericho is heading into Mania holding the WHC for the 1st time since X8, nobody is more deserving of a big time match then him. But tbh I am expecting Batista/Cena to be better then people expect.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I voted Cena/Batista for a few reasons.

1. The build up is already better for Cena/Batista than Edge/Jericho. It looks like Edge is turning into a John Cena type face with the 'Spear' routine that got old about 3 seconds after it began. They don't even seem to be worrying about the history between Edge and Jericho, it's just been thrown by the wayside.

2. Believe it or not, the match quality is going to be near the same, imo. Edge and Jericho are two of the best workers in the company but Cena and Batista have even more of a personal rivalry brewing. It is already more layered than Edge/Jericho probably will ever get by time for Mania.

3. The atmosphere is going to be spectactular. I know it's the cool thing to boo Cena, to hate Cena, to shit on everything Cena does but that won't be the case at Mania because there is NO WAY Batista will be cheered more than Cena. For the first time in a long time John Cena will have a definitive home field/court/ring (?) advantage.

All in all, Cena/Batista is being built as THE main event whereas Edge/Jericho isn't being looked at as all that important to me at least. In other words the writing and booking is selling Cena/Batista and it's stalling Edge/Jericho.

noumenon

Cena/Batista has more meat to it as far as a storyline and everything goes, though the prospect of the match is less than exciting.
Edge/Jericho however is the more exciting of the two matches yet it's plagued by zero depth to the storyline and the horrible face turn of Edge.

Mister J

Reaction score
I haven't been interested in a title feud since Regal/Christian. I'd have to choose Edge/Jericho over Batista/Cena though. These two will put on a really a good match.

straight_edge76

Honestly I do not think that Edge/Jericho will be all that much better then Cena/Batista if at all. Cena knows how to have a great Mania match. Batista and Cena are building up one hell of a feud imo, Jericho and Edge are two of the best workers in the WWE but it's almost as if Jericho/Edge is just being looked at as Edge won the Royal Rumble, he challenged Jericho. The end. The build up on the feud has been lacking. But the Cena/Batista feud on the other hand is one of, if not the best feud in the WWE.

Areoplex

Reaction score
I had to vote Cena and Batista, for the simple fact it seems like Vince cares more for it than Edge and Jericho, to me it seems more like a Mid card match than Main event which sucks. Edge and Jericho's match will be a lot more entertaining in my opinion, I just wish that the build to it was as good as the match will hopefully be.

noumenon

Edge/Jericho looked good on paper, but as I said all along... there was nowhere near enough to garner interest between the two. Jericho did nothing to Edge besides talk a little trash which he does to everyone. There is no personal vendetta's... no power struggle, just Edge saying "SPEARSPEARSPEAR!" (which if it sticks, I may shoot myself.)

xtremebadass

I am voting John Cena vs. Batista. I was waiting for them to do a storyline like this pitting the two top stars that were made at the very same time but always kept apart. One superstar was always considered better than the other and the lesser superstar's jealousy has been brewing since then. I expect the next 3 weeks of Raw to be awesome.

I have missed SD with Jericho/Edge, but I read what happened. All they do is Edge spearing Jericho? That's the basis of the feud? Edge says all he does is Spear Jericho and Jericho bitches about always being Speared? Maybe it is because I didn't see it but it sounds pretty lame.

seX-Power

I'm voting for Jericho/Edge. Things involving Cena don't interest me anymore.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Cena/Tista for me. After Raw there feud has jumped a gear and there is some substance behind it.

Plus i think they will put on a pretty good match, Better than most expect out of them.

I am looking forward to Edge/Jericho also. There is no doubt in my mind anyway that they will have an awesome match. it's just the booking has been shite.

And if i hear SPEAR one more time IL throw something that turned Lame as fuck after the 1st 30x he said it.

But i expect both matches to be good to great, with maybe Cena/Gaytista pipping it.

Montana

These to me are about even. (as the voting is even) I don't mean to be negative, but i don't think the buildup to either of these matches is that great. It's OK, and these are great matchups. I guess i just expect a little more of a storyline for the mania, title matches.

But these are two great matchups.

straight_edge76

Honestly Edge/Jericho is looking like it's being booked as a mid-card feud and not the damn WHC match at Wrestle-fucking-Mania.

I swear if Edge keeps doing that annoying Cena-style "Spear,Spear,Spear" bullshit I am going to shoot someone.

Qwake

Edge and Jericho's match has been brewing since Edge was injured, the two have more history together but the last few shows haven't done all that much. Whereas Cena/Batista has just been thrown together from EC but they've been building it up on RAW nicely. Jericho/Edge is always going to be a better match wrestlingwise but Cena/Batista will be the draw, I'm more interested in Edge/Jericho just for the match payoff, really am not looking forward to Cena/Batista in the ring.