Most Exciting Sport

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Most Exciting Sport is...

• Baseball

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Football (NFL not Soccer)

• Basketball

• Hockey

• Total voters

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
I don't know how people can watch NFL, its the gayest thing I've ever seen, so many stoppages and whatnot but also they wear all that protective clothing and shoulder pads and shit, bunch of fags. Rugby, Rugby League and Aussie Rules is so much better.

I like Basketball, Baseball sucks, Hockey sucks besides when they all brawl.

Soccer should definitely be in the poll.

Reaction score
I don't mind baseball or ice hockey, but I can't really sit down and watch a whole game. The other two bore the fuck out of me. That just goes to show how entertaining I find 'em.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I don't know how people can watch NFL, its the gayest thing I've ever seen, so many stoppages and whatnot but also they wear all that protective clothing and shoulder pads and shit, bunch of fags. Rugby, Rugby League and Aussie Rules is so much better.

I like Basketball, Baseball sucks, Hockey sucks besides when they all brawl.

Soccer should definitely be in the poll.

When it comes to American Football, don't let the pads fool you. There's a reason why they're worn and it's not because the players are pussys. Football is not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. I played for 6 years and coached for 2. Let me assure you, NOBODY wants to take a blindside hit from a linebacker like Ray Lewis. 265lbs of muscle coming at you with 4.5 40 yard dash speed. The shoulder pads just help absorb some of the damage. It doesn't protect you as much as you think. My senior year, I hit a guy full on on a punt and dislocated my left shoulder. It was popped back in on the sidelines. Probably the worst pain I've ever felt. Worse than passing a damn kidney stone.

I always laugh when I hear Soccer and Rugby fans run American Football into the ground about the pads. All I can say is step into a full set and let one of the animals on an NFL defense hit you and see if your mind changes. The sport is violent. I've had concussions, broken fingers, dislocated shoulder, broken hand, 2 knee ligament tears and too many bruises to count and that just 6 years of middle and high school football. Im not saying Rugby players don't suffer the same injuries, but Football is a sport that can shorten lives and careers. A perfect example is former Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro Center, Mike Webster.

Mike Webster is considered the greatest Center in NFL history. Started 150 straight games, and All Pro 7 times, Pro Bowl 9 times, and a 4 time Super Bowl Champion. The man was an absolute monster on the football field. When he finally retired, he suffered from amnesia, dimentia, depression, and acute bone and muscle pain. Doctors have stated that the dementia that Webster suffered from caused by his playing football for 25 years from school, college, and professionally was the equivalent of 25,000 car accidents. Trust me, he's not the only player that has had these kind of ailments.

Kizza

Reaction score
That's a stupid argument though. Why would I step into pads a let a 150 kilo black guy run into me? I don't play the sport.

Aussie rules is easily the toughest sport around, with rugby running a close second. NFL you get hit from the front. AFL you can get hit anywhere. It might not have big collisions like NFL, but it's amazing what AFL players put themselves through.

shimr

Reaction score
for me more exciting sports is Foot ball .....

pumpt73

Reaction score
That's a stupid argument though. Why would I step into pads a let a 150 kilo black guy run into me? I don't play the sport.

Aussie rules is easily the toughest sport around, with rugby running a close second. NFL you get hit from the front. AFL you can get hit anywhere. It might not have big collisions like NFL, but it's amazing what AFL players put themselves through.

See you're looking at it from the wrong way. Football players don't just get hit from the front. I urge you to watch quarterbacks getting sacked. Joe Theismann didn't get hit from the front when Lawrence Taylor ended his career with one blindside hit. I made the putting the pads arguement on for effect. So people understand what its like to take a football hit. Wideouts taking a catch over the middle rarely see the Safety, Cornerback, or Linebacker coming when they make a catch. Try youtube and look up something like catches over the middle or blindside sacks. Im not discredting AFL or Rugby, but football players put themselves through train wrecks over the course of their careers.

Another thing most fans who don't know the sport or who haven't played don't realize just how dangerous the very thing protecting you can be. The helmet and facemask can easily cause you to become a parapalegic or quadripalegic if you you're hit the wrong way. If you get the chance, look up a player named Darryl Stingley. Stingley was a Wideout for the New England Patriots in the 1970's. He was one of the top up and comers during his days as well. August 12, 1978 is the day he never forgot. In a preseason game against the Oakland Raiders, he caught a pass over the middle and lowered his head which collided with Oakland DB Jack Tatum's shoulder pad, which compressed his spinal cord. He spent the rest of his life as a quadripalegic. An affliction that later caused his passing in 2007.

jx028

Reaction score
why have not soccer ? This is the most popular sport in the world ,and i think it is not less exciting thanNFL game , of course , you indeed should not put the baseball on .

jx028

Reaction score
of course is football , the soccer can replace baseball , let's just overlook Baseball .

awilson

Reaction score
I think baseball is a bit boring to watch on screen but it sure is an experience when watching it live. The crowd is just on a different high and their emotions really come into play. It's also an experience for the ball to hit the benches and people will be scrambling to the ball.

I would go for good basketball as it is dun to watch 10 alpha males going for one ball.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
That it was, as a Falcons fan I was on the edge of my seat that entire game. I dont care what anyone says, next to the Giants the Falcons are the best team in the NFC.

45 - 17 says the Packers are better than the Giants
48 - 21 says the Packers are better than the Falcons
31 - 25 says the Packers are the BEST!
(does the D-X "suck it" taunt)