Morgan spotted in "Revolution" Promo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Several readers have sent in word, as well as the screen shot below, that at the 25 second mark in the latest "Revolution is Coming" WWE promo video, current TNA star Matt Morgan appears to be shown.

As we exclusively reported a couple weeks ago, TNA has run out of dates on Morgan's contract, which is why the company wrote him off TV in an injury angle on Impact. We also noted that WWE has expressed a high level of interest in Morgan, and during a recent interview Morgan admitted that he would not rule out a potential return to WWE.

With WWE announcing that the "revolution is coming" next week, it appears unlikely that Morgan will be the wrestler behind the viral campaign, as WZ was told his contract is not set to expire until later this year, however if Morgan has been released from his TNA contract since we published the story, then anything is possible.

photo2.PNG

....I already have no faith in this now. Maaaaaatt Mooo....ooorrggan iiiiiiiiis thhhhh..he reeeeevoluuuuuuution

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I don't believe it. Better not fucking be.

Reaction score
Where did Wrestle Zone steal this news from? If it's a Meltz story, it's 50-50 at best. Elsewhere it might be a bit more credible. I hope this guy doesn't come in unless it's to fill Jinder Mahal or Tyler Reks' spots of "big guy that is absolutely useless outside of his look".

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Looks more like Punk in the screenshot + I read the "Revolution" bit is for the video game...lol.

I had a feeling this Revolution stuff wasn't going to lead to anything worthwhile since it's only been on the internet. We'll see in a week, but I doubt it's a new guy like Morgan or anything.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Well this story has been everywhere. Plus I watched the video on the WWE website to see for myself. The guy looked a lot like Morgan.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
"Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com is reporting that the WWE Revolution campaign that is on WWE.com is not for a new character that will debut with the company.

Instead of a new character, it appears that the campaign is being used for the release of the new WWE '13 video game that is set to be released in October. The reason that they are putting together this video is because of the E3 Video Game Convention that is being held in early June.

Many reports and speculation that this video would lead to a debut of a superstar is false. A video screen shot earlier reported on Wrestlezone looked to be the face of Matt Morgan, former TNA Superstar who was rumored to wanting to return to the WWE. This does not appear to be the case anymore."

....fuck WWE

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
No, no, no... NOT fuck WWE...

...I'm interested now. There were reports of an old-school vs. new-school storyline on WWE '13... so if this is the case, I like the potential here (except that, I believe it was Enzo, this storyline would be perfect for on-show material) for a decent storyline not focused on beating Taker's streak, although last year's was pretty cool outside of the fact that you're Triple H's pawn to fuck up Vince & WCW... but the WCW angle was cool... as was the United Kingdom stable.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Maybe the revolution will be announcing that WWE '13's story mode won't feature 5,000 run-ins and will actually let you win matches on your own. >_>

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
All WWE games are the same for me regardless. I first get it, I'm super into it so I play it non stop for a good 3 months or so then I get bored and end up only breaking it out when I have nothing better to do or if any of my friends think they can fuck with me and Jack Thwaggar in exhibition mode >_>