More WWE Rule Changes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
As we reported earlier punches are now legal in WWE, which was a good change.

But it is getting tougher to be a heel in WWE given some other rule changes that are automatic DQs if seen by the ref.

There has already been at least one DQ finish for a heel using a handful of tights and being caught by the ref.

Choking with the hands or using the ropes to choke will be a DQ instead of a 5 count, if seen by the ref, and just added to the growing list are eye poke or rakes and throwing someone into the ringposts outside the ring. Both now will lead to a DQ too.

So WWE heels will need to get very sneaky now, or refs need to be easily distracted or both.

How dare they make the heels work harder and not be so god damn lazy!:starwars:

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Ok cool. Makes it better imo because the heels can be more sneaky now behind the refs back, which will get the fans pissed off like crazy. Punches are legal? F- yeah!

Vandy316

Reaction score
no more throwing them into the ringpost? WTF? thats the only one that i dont like. all the others should make it better

chessarmy

Maybe they're trying to minimize the amount of screwjob finishes? That makes sense imo

WCW Rules

Reaction score
These rules are getting awfully convoluted. There are so many things a Heel can now be DQed for, but at least it makes it more difficult and therefore, it should produce better results.

Qwake

If they can't throw them into the ring post outside the ring, can they still throw them into the ring post inside the ring >_>

This is weird, now how will the fans boo the heel during the match? :smh

Vandy316

Reaction score
also, can they still throw them into the steps?

Vandy316

Reaction score
^by making punches legal? i guess they could be doing that to give the adult viewers something to be happy about. it also could translate to if you dont get caught doing something wrong then it's okay

Moonlight Drive

Wut tha hekkas?

This is fucked up imo. Punches being legalised, that's alright since it's not like that affects the match at all. But the ringpost, using the ropes, etc., they are all classic heel tactics, and they're going to be ruined by getting constantly DQed. Although depending which way you look at it, this could be a good thing, making it easier for heels to get heat, since those things are illegal now. I'll judge these rules once I see how they're used, for heat or for screwy finishes.

TK.GFX

Reaction score
Punches now being Legal: Really doesn't change anything at all, seeing as everyone has been using punches for years now anyways.

Choking with the hands or using the ropes to choke now automatic DQ: Well, I don't exactly like the sound of it, but I guess it will cause these actions to get more of an reaction from the crowd now.

Eye poke or rakes now DQ: This part however, I don't agree with at all. Eye Rakes have always been just a warning from the ref for as long as I can remember, why is that suddenly a DQ now? Hell, I've seen plenty of faces use Eye Rakes too, so are we gonna start seeing all them getting DQ'd too?

But that's not even that bad compared to the last thing.

Throwing someone into the ringposts outside the ring now DQ: Just... WTF?! I honestly can't remember throwing people into the ring post, inside, or outside the ring, ever being frowned upon by referees. I take it throwing people into the ring post from the inside of the ring is still legal though? How does that make any sense?

I wounder how long it will be until we get going to the top rope banned now... :shifty:

C4

Why are they doing this? This is totally Blue imo. The ringpost being used is illegal? Give me a break, what are we going to see in a match outside the ring now? :verysad:

Reaction score
sure the ref will find a way to get distracted and this will allow the heel to send his opponent against the ringpost. wwe refs tend to get distracted real easily lol

Kaedon

Reaction score
Guys, all it is going to do is going to make it harder for the heels to cheat. If the heel cant cheat, why would the fans hate him within the context of the match? I dont think the choking thing will last because its been long established as a 5 count thing and the eye poke, ehhhh.