More on Lesnar/HHH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I suppose you're right that they didn't happen on PPV, but some stuff has like Nexus attacking Undertaker. Also, the matches on PPV are normally so good. Punk/Jericho, Bryan/Sheamus and Kane/Orton were all 4 star matches for me last PPV. 2 of them I didn't care about.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It's just tough for me to get into a match when the build does nothing to draw me in, no matter how good it is.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Guys that I mark for aren't given that chance : (

Has Dolph ever had a PPV match that was given 15-20 minutes that didn't wind up being MOTN?

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I'll just wait and see where HHH/Lesnar goes. As far as Big Show being involved in the Cena/Ace match, it seems inevitable, sadly.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Triple H and Lesnar should be a Hell in the cell or inferno match. to see whos tougher.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
The match will probably be good and the storyline could be well written, but I think the bigger problem is that it won't really benefit neither Lesnar nor HHH. The feud is unnecessary, so to speak.

Reactions: Bort

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- Brings back The Rock
-Puts The Rock over John Cena
- Brings back Brock Lesnar
-Puts HHH over Brock Lesnar

Well done WWE, way to build for the future.

Remember when legends put over young stars to build them up? Foley/Orton, Rock/Hogan.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
- Brings back The Rock

Remember when legends put over young stars to build them up? Foley/Orton, Rock/Hogan.

Cena needed to look vulnerable, not to be put over yet again.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
What's the use of making Cena look vulnerable if they're just going to make Lesnar (a guy who should be used to build younger stars who are not main eventers yet, just like The Rock) lose to him after two moves or something like that?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Leo C said:
What's the use of making Cena look vulnerable if they're just going to make Lesnar (a guy who should be used to build younger stars who are not main eventers yet, just like The Rock) lose to him after two moves or something like that?

That's a tough one. It's probably just WWE-ADD as they were panicking about something, again, backstage. Putting Rock over Cena was brilliant, but they followed it up by the dumbest booking decision I've ever seen.

The only way the combination of the two makes any sense at all was if they thought the loss to the Rock (and to Fat Albert) made Cena an underdog going into his match against Brock. The fans would actually have a reason to pull for Cena, and they would be happy when Cena goes over and start to cheer him. That's the only logical thought process behind it, and even it's really fucking stupid.

Vince really is out of touch, no matter what the reason was.

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Crayo said:
- Brings back The Rock

- No one wanted John Cena to win.
- It was Rock's first singles match in 7 years.
- Rock is better than John Cena will ever be, and having Cena beat Rock wasn't going to convince anyone otherwise.
- John Cena is only about 3 years younger.
- John Cena has been put over several times, he made HBK/HHH tap @ wrestlemania, he beat batista 3 times. He didn't need that win from The Rock.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rainman said:
That's a tough one. It's probably just WWE-ADD as they were panicking about something, again, backstage. Putting Rock over Cena was brilliant, but they followed it up by the dumbest booking decision I've ever seen.

The only way the combination of the two makes any sense at all was if they thought the loss to the Rock (and to Fat Albert) made Cena an underdog going into his match against Brock. The fans would actually have a reason to pull for Cena, and they would be happy when Cena goes over and start to cheer him. That's the only logical thought process behind it, and even it's really F**cking stupid.

Vince really is out of touch, no matter what the reason was.

It does make sense, but him losing and going on a downward spiral leading to an edgier character, a heel turn or something like that would be so much better. Plus, this idea is really short-term, they built Rock vs Cena up for one year, booked something correctly once in their lives, had a chance for that "once in a lifetime match" to lead into an interesting storyline and a Cena character change that should've happened so long ago and made it an underdog story for a match against Lesnar in the same month? It's just stupid. There were so many other things that they could do, and putting Lesnar vs Cena on Extreme Rules was OK, as long as Lesnar won. The storyline would be set, Cena would have some change and Lesnar would be an unstoppable monster that would instantly put in the main event the guy who beat him. Good one, WWE.

Reactions: Snowman1