Monster-Verse Thread: Godzilla King of the Monsters

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who are you pulling for in Godzilla vs Kong (2020)

• Godzilla

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Kong

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I know this maybe early, but with new Godzilla movie coming out it would be cool to bring something like this up. We had Batman vs Superman, The Civil War, and now.... The cataclysmic battle between Godzilla and Kong.

The Monster I am pulling for is.... Kong!

I like Kong because he is more athletic, agile, and smart. And he was kicking a$$ like Goldberg in Skull Island. A lot of people say Kong is at a disadvantage because of his size. But there are reports from the Producers saying he's still growing. Some say that Kong isn't tough enough. A director said that Kong would be more rugged. I just hope Kong is in good enough condition to bring it to Godzilla.

Who do you want to win?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Kong won in the original and Knog will win again, and if you look at it form a biology, or whatever science it is, standpoint Kong makes sense to win. Kong is an Ape and thus thinks like a human and such while Godzilla is a lizard that just kills and has little to no strategy of attack, unlike Kong.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
A lot of people say Kong is at a disadvantage because of his size
The first Godzilla vs. King Kong movie upgraded Kong to Godzilla's size in order to make the fight fair. This will without a doubt be the case in the remake otherwise the fight will be over in literally five seconds.

Upgraded to giant size or not, Godzilla feels like a shoe-in here. Offensively speaking its atomic breath is simply impossible for Kong to counter. Furthermore, Godzilla tanked a 15 megaton hydrogen bomb. We can't be certain how durable Kong is by the time he's grown to the size needed to fight Godzilla, but I'd rather go with the devil I know than the devil I don't. We also don't know how much of Kong's speed and agility will be preserved whenever he reaches his giant size. He'll certainly be slower, but how slow? I foresee him being faster than Godzilla, but he likely won't be Sonic the Hedgehog out there. We also will have to consider the possibility of outside interference. Will the military have learned its lesson about Godzilla and cease attacking it what with their best weapons doing nothing to it? Will the military be attempting to combat Kong, thus making Kong fight multiple opponents at once? And will the terrain be favorable for Kong, Godzilla, or neither?

Serious thinking aside, I foresee Kong taking a non-lethal W since he's the American monster and since he ended up winning in the original movie. This doesn't bother me too much so long as it's done logically and isn't some stupid ass WWE-style writing...although I'll make an exception if they have Kong shove a tree down Godzilla's throat like in the original film. That'd instantly make the movie a 10/10 regardless of anything else that happens during it.

An interesting thing about these two is that Godzilla (2014) grossed more in the US than Kong: Skull Island did, yet Kong grossed more outside of the US than Godzilla did (1, 2). I was expecting the opposite to be true when looking up the numbers.

1. Godzilla (2014) (2014) - Box Office Mojo
2. Kong: Skull Island (2017) - Box Office Mojo

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Offensively speaking its atomic breath is simply impossible for Kong to counter
Yeah the atomic breath is very lethal indeed. But like I said in the open post they are planning on making him more "Rugged". Hopefully he gets that way from fighting other giant monsters on Skull Island. Basically it's like him training for the fight

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yeah the atomic breath is very lethal indeed. But like I said in the open post they are planning on making him more "Rugged". Hopefully he gets that way from fighting other giant monsters on Skull Island. Basically it's like him training for the fight
Rugged enough to shrug off a hydrogen bomb?

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Rugged enough to shrug off a hydrogen bomb?
IDK how durable or rugged he'd be, but I know he'll be more rugged enough to withstand atomic breath longer than what a lot of people are assuming.

Both of these combatants have an distinct advantage over another. Godzilla has the Atomic Breath, while Kong is physically capable of doing more.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Both of these combatants have an distinct advantage over another. Godzilla has the Atomic Breath, while Kong is physically capable of doing more.
Frankly there's no comparison between speed/agility and fire breath. Kong will most likely not (any creature even remotely close to Godzilla's size cannot plausibly be THAT fast) be too fast for Godzilla to attack, and with Godzilla's proven durability being insane, we don't even know if Kong can do much offensively against Godzilla in the first place. We can't be sure of anything with Kong because frankly we don't have the data. That's what makes this a fairly silly thinking exercise since we can't analyze Kong fairly. We can assume he's able to do this or that, but how can we be sure?

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Frankly there's no comparison between speed/agility and fire breath. Kong will most likely not (any creature even remotely close to Godzilla's size cannot plausibly be THAT fast) be too fast for Godzilla to attack, and with Godzilla's proven durability being insane, we don't even know if Kong can do much offensively against Godzilla in the first place. We can't be sure of anything with Kong because frankly we don't have the data. That's what makes this a fairly silly thinking exercise since we can't analyze Kong fairly. We can assume he's able to do this or that, but how can we be sure?
When I said "Kong is capable of doing more", I meant more than speed and agility. He's more capable of doing grapple attacks, throwing objects, and things of that nature.

Also I'm trying not finalize Kong's, I trying to show that Kong isn't going to be a total push-over which a lot of people are assuming. Basically I'm just saying that he does have a fighting chance in this battle

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He's more capable of doing grapple attacks, throwing objects, and things of that nature.
Godzilla weights 90,000 tons. Kong won't be suplexing him or anything like that. "Throwing objects" as a means of projectile attack is far weaker than fire breath, less accurate than fire breath, slower than fire breath, entirely dependent on the surrounding objects, and probably won't even do significant harm to Godzilla since Godzilla tanks hydrogen bombs with ease.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Godzilla weights 90,000 tons. Kong won't be suplexing him or anything like that. "Throwing objects" as a means of projectile attack is far weaker than fire breath, less accurate than fire breath, slower than fire breath, entirely dependent on the surrounding objects, and probably won't even do significant harm to Godzilla since Godzilla tanks hydrogen bombs with ease.
I never thought I see and/or hear the day where a Lizard is stronger than a Ape.... 90,000 tons and a hydrogen bomb.

From it appears it's if Kong should turn into the Golden Great Ape off Dragon ball GT and do a super kamehameha to defeat him...

But I'm not going to doubt him. Because Kong is still smarter than Godzilla in my opinion.

Edit: Godzilla is most likely stronger than Kong now. But Kong will definitely get stronger

Last edited:

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
But I'm not going to doubt him. Because Kong is still smarter than Godzilla in my opinion.
Perhaps, but Godzilla's no fool. Per wikizilla:

"The Legendary Godzilla demonstrates learning and strategy during his battle with the M.U.T.O.s. When he is unable to overpower both M.U.T.O.s at the same time, he instead gradually learns their weaknesses and attack patterns after repeated clashes with them. After being repeatedly attacked from behind by the male M.U.T.O., Godzilla anticipates its attack and allows it to fly behind him before swinging his tail and impaling the male M.U.T.O. on a building. After his atomic breath proves effective against the female M.U.T.O., Godzilla sneaks up on her while she is going after Ford Brody and pulls her jaws apart, then fires his atomic breath down her throat and kills her. The Legendary Godzilla also appears to avoid unnecessary conflict, as he completely ignores the military's attacks and does not at any point retaliate, even after being visibly hurt by a missile striking his gills. After defeating both M.U.T.O.s, he leaves San Francisco peacefully, without causing any further destruction."

Godzilla (MonsterVerse) | Wikizilla, the Godzilla, Kong, Gamera and Kaiju Wiki

EDIT: I quoted the wrong website. My bad.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Lets get back to the attribute debate later

Two things I'm wondering is...

Where in the US is this battle gonna take place? New York, San Francisco, or other?

How will Kong and Godzilla get to the place where they fight?

Reactions: MildlyUpsetGerbil

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Where in the US is this battle gonna take place? New York, San Francisco, or other?

How will Kong and Godzilla get to the place where they fight?
Both are good questions that I don't have the answer to.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
*Looks around for a moment*

Excuse me...I'm the resident Godzilla/Kaiju fan
on this forum...what do you think you're doing?

I'm kidding of course...

Now...on to the question...&...well...I have some
points to make.

1). Generally "Vs." films don't have a winner...
it generally ends up as a draw...or a new threat
is introduced for the two title characters to fight
together.

2). If I had to take an educated guess...I'm
guessing the "Super Secret Bad Guy" will
lure Godzilla to Skull Island to fight/kill Kong...
& how would you lure this version of Godzilla
to Skull Island?

Well...with a M.U.T.O or two of course.

I'm willing to bet money that "Super Secret Bad Guy"
will reveal that years ago he stashed some M.U.T.O eggs
(Or spores) on a remote part of Skull Island & gave them
something nuclear to feed off (some old submarine reactors
perhaps?)

Then once the M.U.T.Os hatch their echolocation calls
will start & Godzilla will make a beeline for the island.

(Side Note: I know the male M.U.T.Os can fly...but I'd
have another female/Queen M.U.T.O on the island who
was stuck there because...well...she ain't swimming.

Also any males M.U.T.Os would naturally stick close
to a female/Queen because as we've seen...these
bugs work in pairs & want to "mate")

Once there Godzilla & Kong will engage in battle...
(a "territorial dispute" with Kong protecting his island
& Godzilla simply trying to get the M.U.T.Os) before
the M.U.T.Os & Skullcrawlers (remember them?)
move in to kill both of them.

Godzilla & Kong "team up" to squash, smash & burn
the combined M.U.T.Os & Skullcrawlers & once the
M.U.T.Os are dead...Godzilla leaves the island....job
done.

There will of course be a human storyline...but I can't
be bothered predicting that.

Also my prediction for Godzilla vs. Kong does mean
that Mothra, Rodan & Ghidorah all die in King of the
Monsters...which lets be honest...it is the most likely
of outcomes...spoiler alert.

3). Now...I've been involved with this entire Godzilla
vs. Kong discussion/argument more times than I care
to mention or think about...so I'll simply say this...

While Godzilla is (probably) more powerful & has
his atomic breath/ray trump card...Kong will clearly
be faster, more agile & (most likely) have the home
field advantage. Kong will also take advantage of
his surrounding by using trees & boulders as striking
weapons...as brilliantly shown in Kong: Skull Island.

Who do I want to win? Well...if I had to pick a winner...
it would be Gojira...I mean Godzilla...but I already
believe the fight will be a draw/stalemate with the
two titans eventually being surrounded on all sides
by their enemies with them teaming up for the Greatest
Ever Kaiju battle of all time.

I mean...that's how I'd write it.

Also...this is awesome...

Done!

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Anyone else thinks they will introduce other Kaijus in Godzilla vs King Kong?