Monday Night Raw 16th April Discussion thread. (No spoilers please)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I did as a kid.

#badmotherfucker

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Your second question is still answered by my first answer. To market him to kids. Kids don't understand cocky superstars and they certainly won't back them.

:okay:

Are kids really that childish these days? I mean, I grew up watching Stone Cold and The Rock, which weren't really kid friendly, and I was like 8-10. What the hell happened? :O

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think kids will cheer for whoever you push. Give a good guy a bad guy to beat up, and they'll cheer for him. Kids are dumb

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I think kids will cheer for whoever you push. Give a good guy a bad guy to beat up, and they'll cheer for him. Kids are dumb

Meanwhile, my little bro's favorite is Y2J, followed by Miz and Barrett rofl.

And no, he isn't part of the IWC, he can't even read :3

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
That's awesome. How old is he?

8. He isn't a normal kid wrestling fan, he follows it religiously. Since like 4. Probably watched every Royal Rumble 10-15 times over. Not an overstatement either, he's named every participant one after the other in the matches before >.<

Still a Cena fan though

Crayo said:
My 9 year old brother is a Miz mark, a Big Show mark (he has several bruises because of this), a Cena mark, a Lesnar mark and a Jericho mark. He despises Rock.

Haha, that's pretty sweet. My bro likes Show aswell, it's sad isn't it? :(

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
When I was younger I used to lean towards the bigger guys: Triple H, Lesnar, Batista etc. Absolutely loved Eddie though, his gimmick and the way he played it was just sublime.

In addition to this I hated Mysterio and Cena and loved Mr.Kennedy as a heel #YoungSmark

Crayo said:
My 9 year old brother is a Miz mark, a Big Show mark (he has several bruises because of this), a Cena mark, a Lesnar mark and a Jericho mark. He despises Rock.

leojay said:
8. He isn't a normal kid wrestling fan, he follows it religiously. Since like 4. Probably watched every Royal Rumble 10-15 times over. Not an overstatement either, he's named every participant one after the other in the matches before >.<

Still a Cena fan though

Haha, that's pretty sweet. My bro likes Show aswell, it's sad isn't it? :(

I think it could be worth taking them to the doctors. No person - no matter what age they are - should like the Big Show, that's just not natural.

Reactions: leojay

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
leojay said:

Still a Cena fan though

That's sweet. I was the same way as a kid. Does he still think kayfabe is the gospel or does he have some idea of how things work? I remember my Aunt trying to ruin wrestling for me as a kid telling me it was fake and her boyfriend was always like 'no way man, it's real'

good times

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
When I was younger I used to lean towards the bigger guys: Triple H, Lesnar, Batista etc. Absolutely loved Eddie though, his gimmick and the way he played it was just sublime.

In addition to this I hated Mysterio and Cena and loved Mr.Kennedy as a heel #YoungSmark

I think it could be worth taking them to the doctors. No person - no matter what age they are - should like the Big Show, that's just not natural.

I grew up watching Rocky, Stone Cold, Taker and HBK (four favs). I stopped watching when Lesnar left pretty much, been back since around MITB (got completely back into wrestling though because of this forum actually, thanks @[Crayo]!). I've always been in touch with wrestling though, as my bro's been a fan since 4 lol.

And yeah, despise my brother for liking Show :( He was a big fan of Rhodes before this feud aswell >.<

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I was a huge Sting fan when I was 4 or 5, and transitioned into a Kevin Nash fan when he started the wolfpack. Then when I was 7 or 8 I dropped WCW for WWF and started marking a ton for Rock. My Dad's favorite was Val Venis and I for the life of me couldn't figure out why he thought he was so funny :silva:

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
That's sweet. I was the same way as a kid. Does he still think kayfabe is the gospel or does he have some idea of how things work? I remember my Aunt trying to ruin wrestling for me as a kid telling me it was fake and her boyfriend was always like 'no way man, it's real'

good times

My brother is autistic, so it's a lot harder to tell him how things work. He wouldn't be able to comprehend it just yet. Going to have to tell him one day though :(

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
leojay said:
My brother is autistic, so it's a lot harder to tell him how things work. He wouldn't be able to comprehend it just yet. Going to have to tell him one day though :(

What?!? Let him think it's real forever! I wish I had the same luxury. You will never like wrestling as much once you find out what kayfabe is

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
leojay said:
I grew up watching Rocky, Stone Cold, Taker and HBK (four favs). I stopped watching when Lesnar left pretty much, been back since around MITB (got completely back into wrestling though because of this forum actually, thanks @[Crayo]!). I've always been in touch with wrestling though, as my bro's been a fan since 4 lol.

And yeah, despise my brother for liking Show :( He was a big fan of Rhodes before this feud aswell >.<

Yeah, we were all proper wrestling kids, not bandwagoners like they are nowadays.

Dolph'sZiggler said:
What?!? Let him think it's real forever! I wish I had the same luxury. You will never like wrestling as much once you find out what kayfabe is

Totally this, loved it so much when it was real to me dammit!

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:

Haha, I would, but he's intent on actually being a wrestler. His dream to work in WWE some day, so eventually I'll have to break the news to him, but I have to do in a way where it doesn't crush all his dreams. Autism is hard to deal with :(